DJ gets snubbed for BT All-Defensive Team

mchiller

Reaction score
Just finished watching the BT All-Conference Selection show.

I was a bit bummed, when Damian Johnson wasn't Defensive player of the year, but then he wasn't even on the all-defensive team! How ridiculous is that? I highly doubt that DJ wasn't better than one of the following:

Kramer
Lauderdale
Nash
Jajuan Johnson
Trevon Hughes

HUH?

Just finished watching the BT All-Conference Selection show.

I was a bit bummed, when Damian Johnson wasn't Defensive player of the year, but then he wasn't even on the all-defensive team! How ridiculous is that? I highly doubt that DJ wasn't better than one of the following:

Kramer
Lauderdale
Nash
Jajuan Johnson
Trevon Hughes

HUH and WTF ?

DJ did not even merit Honorable Mention?

:mad:

COMPLETE JOKE!!! Who created this list anyway? That moron Doyle? The analysts in the BTN studio are freakin' clueless IMO.

COMPLETE JOKE!!! Who created this list anyway? That moron Doyle? The analysts in the BTN studio are freakin' clueless IMO.
The coaches pick the defensive team. Doyle is dumb, though.

What an embarrassment. I wish DJ would get the respect that he deserves. And Westbrook honorable mention over DJ along with two Iowa players? What a joke.

Hopefully this fuels the team's motivation to do some damage in the BTT.

Did anyone hear Tubby's radio show tonight? Mike Max brought it up and Tubby had not heard about DJ getting snubbed until then. Tubby was pissed. He got fired up about it.

Wow this seems like a robbery, although I have to admit I haven't watched much of Nash from Northwestern. DJ's versatility in guarding multiple positions and his blocks/steals stats should have got him on the team.

Personally, I think Lauderdale should be off the All-Defensive team for Damian. Lauderdale's combined rebounds, steals, and blocks is 8.0/game, while Damian's is 8.2/game and more balanced. Add that to his versitility, and he is a superior all-around defender.

I get madder the more I think about this snub.

Tubby on his radio show also mentioned the lack of respect for Minnesota basketball. He didn't provide details.

I have a feeling Painter didn't vote for DJ because of his comments right before we played them at home.

Assume Damian wasn't talking about himself, who was he referring to in this tweet last night?

i cant believe somebody leads the conf in stls & is 2nd in blks cant even make the all defensive team how many ppl have over 55stls & blks

Unless those are his stats of course.

I'm guessing he didn't get on the defensive team because of his rebounding numbers-which is idiotic. Idiots-all of them.

Doc

201, he did not make it because millions2spare/missedlayup and BigGopherFan made sure of it.

I am even more annoyed about this today than I was yesterday.

Pathetic.

I hope it lights a fire under the lads going into the BTT.

DJ got screwed. No two ways around it.

STILL :mad:

Its obvious they picked 2 guards, 2 forwards, and a center for the team - not necessarily the 5 best defensive players.

Kramer & Hughes were the guards
Nash & Johnson were the forwards
Dallas was the center

When you break it down this way the obvious oversight is having Nash on the team rather than Damian. I'd take DJ on D every day of the week and twice on Gamedays over Mr. 1-3-1 Nash.

josh

Its obvious they picked 2 guards, 2 forwards, and a center for the team - not necessarily the 5 best defensive players.

Dallas was the center

When you break it down this way the obvious oversight is having Nash on the team rather than Damian. I'd take DJ on D every day of the week and twice on Gamedays over Mr. 1-3-1 Nash.

Yup.

To me a Nash is a car from when my dad was a kid or a great point guard born in South Africa!

Just another example of why most awards have become meaningless.

Complete joke. DJ should be defensive player of the year in the Big Ten. Not even putting him on the all-conference defensive team is beyond ridiculous.

Dallas was the center

That's not obvious. Nash is a 6-4 guard who started at the "2" all season at Northwestern and Johnson is a 6-10 center who has started at the "5" his entire career at Purdue. So, basically, they chose NO forwards, which makes it even worse.

They chose three guards (Kramer, Nash, Hughes), two centers (Lauderdale and Johnson) and no forwards on the team.

Yup.

To me a Nash is a car from when my dad was a kid or a great point guard born in South Africa!

I have to admit, I didn't know he was born in South Africa. I assumed Canada. Now Charlize Theron... Yeah D. J. got screwed. What bugs me most is that the coaches are the ones who screwed it up. Hope he strings together some great games.

The only way I could see this making sense is if the coaches threw darts at the roster.

A bafflingly absurd snub.

Top Bottom