Gopher baseball stinks

I don't think anybody disagrees that the team struggled early on and in that regard, there may have been some element of truth to the original post. Having said that, folks are poking fun at a poster that has often made blanket statements that are proven to be utterly foolish, completely wrong and always negative while maintaining a level of arrogance that is quite amusing. When somebody establishes such a track record, they're almost begging to be ripped. And that's what is and will continue to happen to said poster.

If an (alleged) fan is genuinely upset when a team does poorly, that (alleged) fan ought to be pleased when the team does well. If all you get is negative talk when the team is doing poorly, but not a peep when the team does well, that is just smack. I don't think he cared one way or the other about the baseball team, it was just an opportunity to talk smack against the Gophers.

If an (alleged) fan is genuinely upset when a team does poorly, that (alleged) fan ought to be pleased when the team does well. If all you get is negative talk when the team is doing poorly, but not a peep when the team does well, that is just smack. I don't think he cared one way or the other about the baseball team, it was just an opportunity to talk smack against the Gophers.

Agree. He's been busy talking about how disappointed he is in Tubby Smith on the basketball board as of late. Certainly making blanket statements is a trollish behavior. I must be honest that I'm not really sure what kind of "fan" BigGopherfan really is. But as long as he continues making such statements, it'll be entertaining to see folks smack him around a little bit.

Agree. He's been busy talking about how disappointed he is in Tubby Smith on the basketball board as of late. Certainly making blanket statements is a trollish behavior. I must be honest that I'm not really sure what kind of "fan" BigGopherfan really is. But as long as he continues making such statements, it'll be entertaining to see folks smack him around a little bit.

He's done nothing since he arrived on this board but talk trash against the Gophers, all while posing as a Gophers fan. Just a trash talking twerp living in his parent's basement.

They did stink when he posted this, that's why they're a 4 seed in the tournament rather than a 3.

They were young and improved during the year. Something we're not used to at the U, as usually our teams peak at the beginning of the seasons and then tank when the Big Ten rolls around.

Ah... but if he knew Gopher baseball he would know that when the Big Ten season rolls in they actually find their groove.

One game away from the Super Regionals [dear god Anderson is due] and we have two chances to beat the winner of the Cal State Fullerton v New Mexico Game. Not too bad for a team that had a 'stinky' start.

BigGopherFan, time to take a bite of crow, or this doesn't end.

So, "Big"GopherFan, when are you coming back to apologize for this mess?

He's not coming back to make any apology. It was a great season despite the slow start. Next year has a chance to maybe be coach Andersons best. Time will only tell but next year could be a great year.

We can keep this going forever, until he takes a bite of the crow or gets bored entirely. We could end this right now with one. little. bite. of. crow.

I know the baseball team had a very slow start but a lot of credit goes to Anderson and his staff in getting things straightened out. The turn around the baseball team had this year was remarkable. The slow start can be attributed to players leaving early and injures.

A lot of attention is given to men's football, basketball and hockey. This year will be no exception. I think the baseball team might be the talk of Gopher sports when this school year is done. Going into this school year I thought the baseball team had a chance to have the best year in Men's athletics. They should be very good. Hopefull next year we will see posts that says the baseball team is exceptional!

Top Bottom