Update on Gopher 2010 recruit, Aaron Cosby

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per ScoutHoops.com:

It's been a tough year and a half for Aaron Cosby, but the 6-foot-3, 180-pound shooting guard is finally back on the court playing high school basketball.

Aaron Cosby began his high school career at Louisville (Ky.) Manual, but after an impressive freshman season he opted to transfer to Louisville (Ky.) Jefferstown and due to KHSAA rules, he was forced to sit out for a year and a half.
“It was definitely hard not being able to play and not being able to help my team,” Cosby said. “I’m just glad it’s over with and I’m playing now.”

It didn’t take Cosby long to make an impact on the Chargers program. In his first game back, which ironically was against Manual, he scored 25 points and led them to the final of the King of the Bluegrass.

Since then he’s had a handful of other big games, including a 26-point effort against Louisville (Ky.) Waggener just before the new year began. For the season Cosby is averaging 16 points a game.

“I’m playing pretty good,” the 2010 prospect said. “I’m still shaking this rust off, but I’ve improved and I’m getting comfortable and I think we are playing well as a team.”

Although his high school career was put on hold for a year and a half, his recruitment never stopped. Since coaches couldn’t see him during the season, he got a lot of looks during open gyms and during the summer.

“Right now the schools showing the most interest are Minnesota, Oklahoma State, Dayton, Virginia, VCU, Ohio University, Auburn and Indiana,” Cosby told Scout.com.

Of the schools in the mix, Minnesota, Oklahoma State, Dayton and Virginia Commonwealth have offered scholarships. And he’s taken unofficial visits to Indiana, Minnesota and Dayton.

“I plan on at least waiting until after the season is over,” Cosby said when asked about a decision. “I may do it some time in the spring or I may wait until the early signing period, I haven’t really decided yet.”

Go Gophers!!

The fact that Bleed.......

can post info about a recruit and have no replys for 14+ hours says a lot about the state of our program.

WE HAVE PLAYERS!! so it''s not quite as interesting to see who might want to come in 2010. In the Monson days, we were so desparate to upgrade the talant that we devoured any recruiting talk.

I think it will be tough to get to players in 2010, because players will see that getting early playing time here is not guaranteed, and may not even be possible unless it is an elite player.

Calcaterra makes the most sense, as he would be learning the ropes behind Colt and Ralph, and Cosby sounds like a Westbrook clone with his toughness so that would be nice. Joseph should depend almost entirely on his brother's experience with the program.

It's fun to see our name in the mix for recruits alongside the best programs in the country.

Not to scare anyone off, but the 2010 recruits will be fighting for time on the court. Even next year, we'll have 13-15 guys fighting for time on the court. What a great problem to have!

We could very well become a program that doesn't play it's younger talent unless it is forced to. Wow. Wouldn't that be nice. Realistically, Tubby will put the 8-10 guys out there that are most deserving. And no one can predict injuries and there is always the threat of a transfer.

2009/2010 Potential Roster

1. FR White
2. FR Williams
3. FR Cobb
4. SO Joseph
5. SO Iverson
6. SO Sampson
7. JR Mbakwe
8. JR Carter
9. JR Hoffarber
10. JR Nolen
11. SR Westbrook
12. SR Johnson
13. SR Bostick
14. SR Busch
15. SR Payton

It's fun to see our name in the mix for recruits alongside the best programs in the country.

Not to scare anyone off, but the 2010 recruits will be fighting for time on the court. Even next year, we'll have 13-15 guys fighting for time on the court. What a great problem to have!

We could very well become a program that doesn't play it's younger talent unless it is forced to. Wow. Wouldn't that be nice. Realistically, Tubby will put the 8-10 guys out there that are most deserving. And no one can predict injuries and there is always the threat of a transfer.

2009/2010 Potential Roster

1. FR White
2. FR Williams
3. FR Cobb
4. SO Joseph
5. SO Iverson
6. SO Sampson
7. JR Mbakwe
8. JR Carter
9. JR Hoffarber
10. JR Nolen
11. SR Westbrook
12. SR Johnson
13. SR Bostick
14. SR Busch
15. SR Payton

LOVE IT!!!

With all those senoirs the class of 2010 will be one of, if not the best the gopher program has ever seen. Dream about adding Harrison Barnes, Tim Hardaways kid, Calcaterra, and Thomas?!?! Holy crap. Go Tubby

LOVE IT!!!

With all those senoirs the class of 2010 will be one of, if not the best the gopher program has ever seen. Dream about adding Harrison Barnes, Tim Hardaways kid, Calcaterra, and Thomas?!?! Holy crap. Go Tubby

As much as I would like it,there is no way barnes is coming here

I agree that we probably won't be in the final running for Barnes, although I doubt that we'll be disappointed with who we end up with for the 2010 class either.

I have nothing but the utmost confidence in Tubby and his staff to bring in quality recruits and then, to borrow a quote from our current football coach, "coach the heck out of them". In other words, I'm looking forward to watching things play out both on the court and on the recruiting trail!!:)

a little dreaming yes, but my faith is with Tubby. Maybe Barnes will be at the game tonite to check out the gophs beating up on the hawkeyes! I think everyone should go to rivals.com and check out Barnes' offer page...its laughable! Hey nobody thought that McHale would have the Wolves playing better ball than the Celtics but maricles do happen :eek:

Top Bottom