Any Paul Carter thoughts?

march madness

Reaction score
I really think Carter has expanded his game on the offensive end. He is really starting to hit the three. I hope and pray he finds confidence in the off-season. He has a lot of potential, but next year is it for him. I envision him getting a lot more minutes at the three, where he won't be overpowered on a consistent basis.

I love his athleticism and hope that he continues to improve this summer. Hopefully we'll get to see big minutes out of PC next year.

Hopefully he will help us forget the loss of Johnson.

I do like what he has done with his offensive game mainly the jump shot. He does have a ways to go to be the defensive player that Johnson is. I understand Johnson is very good and may not be a fair comparison, but that is who he will be replacing. His on the ball defense has to improve.

Carter is a good player that I think can be a good 3rd scoring option. He can hit the open shot and score off the dribble and also plays very hard. I really want him to get more minutes next year. Thing is I don't think he really has a scorers mentality so he'll never be leaned on for points, and he's still a 3/4 tweener so he may be destined to come off the bench

I would say

he has done a very nice job improving his shooting. I think he has worked hard. Good work.

His D is atrocious.

He's clueless on D. I like is O but if he hasn't figured out on the D end yet I don't see Tubby giving much more time next year.

I love the following line up next year...Iverson, RSIII, Carter, Williams and D. Joseph at point...big, athletic, long, fast and best in big ten IMO. Problem next year is a lack of depth at our size positions unless we get Mbakwe and Royce on the team.

I love the following line up next year...Iverson, RSIII, Carter, Williams and D. Joseph at point...big, athletic, long, fast and best in big ten IMO. Problem next year is a lack of depth at our size positions unless we get Mbakwe and Royce on the team.

can't make a perimeter shot, actually not that fast...

I'm still holding out hope for Cory, Devoe/Hoff, White, Mbakwe, Sampson but assuming we only keep our current team and don't add a few, I see

Al, Devoe, Blake, PC, RSIII which still seems like a good lineup to me.

Allen, Devoe, Williams, Carter, Sampson

Get Bryant and Rodney out running for some spectacular dunks. Bryant Allen is Missouri's all time steals leader, Bryant steals it and outlets it to Rodney. He also shoots 55.4% from the field, 51.3% from three-point range and 82.8% from the line.

Relevancy your honor?

serious? total relevance. Why are people high on Royce White? When looking at a player you look at their past body of work as an indication of future production. It does not always work out that way but Bryant Allen is not just some scrub walk on, He holds high school state records and led his team to 2 state championships. He may or may not be a huge factor in Basketball but he has a lot of talent and is only a freshman who joined the team in January.

I know he isn't a walk on, but bringing up his highschool stats as if they will carry over to DI is silly.

You also need to work on your tenses.

He was ranked the 37th best point guard in the country

Where did you get this information (link please)?

Did he have any high major D1 basketball scholarship offers? The evidence I've gathered so far on this question says "Zero." (I've asked on this board a couple times with no reply, which, I'll admit, is not extensive research.)

Where did you get this information (link please)?

Did he have any high major D1 basketball scholarship offers? The evidence I've gathered so far on this question says "Zero." (I've asked on this board a couple times with no reply, which, I'll admit, is not extensive research.)

http://www.gophersports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=8400&ATCLID=3730461

I don't know about his basketball offers, He was definitely going to play football in college with basketball being the second sport so his offers listed are all football he was never going to accept any basketball scholarship.

I know he isn't a walk on, but bringing up his highschool stats as if they will carry over to DI is silly.

You also need to work on your tenses.

Aren't kids recruited for sports based on what they accomplish in high school? and guys drafted for the pros based on what they accomplish in college? bringing up past stats is not silly. I am pretty sure Eric Decker is getting drafted based on his collegiate body of work and I am not sure what "DI" is? is he related to AI?

Aren't kids recruited for sports based on what they accomplish in high school? and guys drafted for the pros based on what they accomplish in college? bringing up past stats is not silly. I am pretty sure Eric Decker is getting drafted based on his collegiate body of work and I am not sure what "DI" is? is he related to AI?

tenses.

Top Bottom