Gophers baseball at Target Field

RodentRampage

Reaction score
The Gophers are scheduled to play a game at Target Field against Louisiana Tech in March, does anyone know when tickets will go on sale for this game? I looked at Gophersports.com, and the only mention I could find was on the schedule. You would think that Gophersports would be highlighting this. I'd like to get some good seats rather than get them late because the U very quietly put them on sale before I find out.

Sometimes it seems Gophersports.com leaves out a lot of information, I tried to look up Spring Game information for the football and volleyball teams, and there was no information that I could find.

The Gophers are scheduled to play a game at Target Field against Louisiana Tech in March, does anyone know when tickets will go on sale for this game? I looked at Gophersports.com, and the only mention I could find was on the schedule. You would think that Gophersports would be highlighting this. I'd like to get some good seats rather than get them late because the U very quietly put them on sale before I find out.

Sometimes it seems Gophersports.com leaves out a lot of information, I tried to look up Spring Game information for the football and volleyball teams, and there was no information that I could find.

I doubt you will have to worry about getting good seats.

I don't know, there should be a good number of people who will go just because of the chance to go to a game at Target Field before it opens for the Twins. The U should be hyping this game up like crazy. So no one has any idea when the tickets will go on sale?

Target Field

Tickets will all be $8 general admission and go on sale approx. 3/8

I called Gopher Ticket office a while back and they said tickets will be handled by Target Field. Gopher Website will announce when they are available but IIRC will not handle any ticket sales.

Tickets on sale the day of the game only
$2 General Admission
Game at 1 p.m.
Ticket Office opens at 8 a.m.
Stadium will be open from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. so people can walk around

Target Field Game Details

I'm pumped for this game. An early look at baseball at Target Field, great publicity for the Gophers, should get national coverage. I intend to get there early to get good seats, it depends how early I drag myself out of bed. A friend of mine works downtown and has a parking spot near the stadium. I'm interested in seeing what kind of fine stadium cuisine they have. I don't want much, just a world-class hot dog.

I thought Target Field was gonna be great - but it was far better than I thought it would be. I went for the 2 hour tour - I did not wait for the Gopher Game.

One thing I noticed - watch out if you sit behind home plate just beyond the protective screen - I would suggest wearing a catchers mask and keeping your eye on the ball. I believe some seated non-screen protected fans would be sitting closer to home plate than some players seated in the dugout who have a protective screen in front of them. IIRC if you draw a straight line from 3rd base to home plate and straight back to the stands --- there is no screen protection. I have never seen anything like this. They should look into increasing the screen protection area.

Target Field is fantastic. I hope the Gophers can play more games there, such as when the Twins are on the road, keep the dome games to a minimum. During the game, I tried out views from all over the stadium, even in the real nosebleed seats, it was great.

What would #1 be? It was a great crowd, I thought it would be a record for Gophers baseball.

I think it would be great if we could get more games there, when the Twins are on the road. Until there's a new Gopher Stadium, play the early games at the Dome, and then play games at Target Field when the Twins are on the road.

What would #1 be? It was a great crowd, I thought it would be a record for Gophers baseball.

I think it would be great if we could get more games there, when the Twins are on the road. Until there's a new Gopher Stadium, play the early games at the Dome, and then play games at Target Field when the Twins are on the road.

Definitely a record for Gopher baseball. I meant #2 in all of college baseball, per the list in the attendance records attached to an above post.

Top Bottom