Could Westbrook Pull a Paulus?

Rosemountian

Reaction score
Just a thought. Westbrook has no hopes at an NBA career. He is a good athlete. He is a physical athlete. Does he have the academic prowess to get into grad school somewhere and play a slot WR or running back position? After all, football runs in his family. The guy is built like a football player.

But QB is a position that a 4 year break would actually hurt your development. And QB is a position where, if you are not a starter, one year really doesn't do anything for you.

If Westbrook went to a MAC school or even a FCS school for one year, and played a reserve role but got a little PT. He could possibly show enough flash to get an NFL look (not saying I think he would).

When I saw the title of this thread I thought it could have one of two takes:

The finish up your basketball eligibility and play a year of football angle.

or

Be a regular starter as an underclassman only to move to a role off the bench as a senior.

I guess you went with the first option, but very well could go with the second option after tonight.

Never thought of that angle actually. They both might work. I honestly hope he decides to give football a shot somewhere. It would be fun to see

If I was Westbrook, a year of free graduate study along with a chance to play another sport and live in another part of the country for free? I would take it in an instant.

lol

Must be time for an ice cold Corona!

I read the thread title and the only Paulus that popped to my mind was The German Field Marshal Paulus who had the unfortunate task of managing the Stalingrad fiasco.

So I was thinking, "What, Lawrence is going to surrender to the Badgers tonight ?"

:eek:

Lawrence Westbrook thinks he can play in the NBA.

Just a thought. Westbrook has no hopes at an NBA career. He is a good athlete. He is a physical athlete. Does he have the academic prowess to get into grad school somewhere and play a slot WR or running back position? After all, football runs in his family. The guy is built like a football player.

I don't see why not. If he realizes the obvious that he isn't making a career in the NBA I think he should try it.

Westbrook

That would be one year he would lose from making some decent cash over in Europe, Turkey, somewhere...

Westbrook can score he will play pro ball just not in the NBA..

The guy has been somewhat of an idiot this year. Last year this attitude was not as evident as this year- he seemed to be a competitor not a head case.

I am bored with his antics this year BUT I will say over his 4 years he has produced, made some plays and hit some big shots. Not bad for a 5'10 two guard.

Top Bottom