Break Up the B10 Article...Ridiculous but Interesting

Lol, separate Ohio State and Michigan and put Ohio State with Penn State in a conference with a bunch of basketball schools, half of which don't even sponsor D-1A football?

Idiotic.

Plus it's completely based on the Sagarin ratings, you can't just look at one variable. The Big Ten isn't weak in football or basketball and has been competitive the last ten years.

And on top of this all, the Big Ten is an academic consortium. Most of those schools can't sniff the Big Ten requirements.

I have to say, I couldn't really figure out how the B10 ranks last in both sports over the last 10 years, it didn't seem accurate. plus, good call on the academic standpoint: I am proud to have a B10 degree. I can't say the same had I gone to Arkansas.

Two reasons schools like Missouri or Nebraska would be willing to leave the Big 12 are academics and revenue sharing. If the Big 12 can't keep up to bad.

"I am proud to have a B10 degree. I can't say the same had I gone to Arkansas."

Yes, exactly. They're not in the B10 so they issue SEC degrees. They used to issue SWC degrees. Before that, who knows?

That article was dumb. The person who wrote should completely rethink there entire idea.

Lol, separate Ohio State and Michigan and put Ohio State with Penn State in a conference with a bunch of basketball schools, half of which don't even sponsor D-1A football?

Idiotic.

Plus it's completely based on the Sagarin ratings, you can't just look at one variable. The Big Ten isn't weak in football or basketball and has been competitive the last ten years.

And on top of this all, the Big Ten is an academic consortium. Most of those schools can't sniff the Big Ten requirements.

Could you please register for that site and shut that idiot down. Easily one of the worst things I have ever read. How could someone even try and convince themselves that the Big Ten is the weakest of the 6 biggest conferences.

The Big 12 will break up well before the Big 10...I've heard Colorado is considering going to the Pac-10 and obviously the Big 10 is looking at a few in the Big 12 too.

Totally agree with this, and it is one of the reasons I am a proud B10 fan. Real Schools. I have friends who went to Tenessee and Alabama and while they had great times and great FB, their education was not nearly as intense as UW or UM.

I would not want to be in a conference, or add schools, that do not fit in with the B10 and it is something I am proud of.

Aside from the Ivy League, the B10, IMO, might be the best conference in regards to Academics in the country.

Aside from the Ivy League, the B10, IMO, might be the best conference in regards to Academics in the country.

In terms of FBS, or whatever 1-A is called these days, the Big Ten is the strongest, followed closely by the Pac 10 and the ACC.

Top Bottom