Typical Badger Fan

TheHofferette

Reaction score
well, I went onto Badgernation trying to be nice and friendly. you know, congratulate them on their season so far and wish them luck for this week's game. this is the response I get:

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=193&f=2565&t=5625874

nice.

that being said, I am always pleasantly surprised by the few Badger regulars who pop up on this board around our matchups...always good sports and fun to banter with (UWOle and LakeGeneva pop into mind, but I know there are a few more).

Not to flame here, but I have heard many gopher fans talk about the lack of heart with this team. The gophers seem to be in most of the games, but just seem to lack the "heart" to win these close ones. I know the feeling since that is how last year went for my Badgers...

Not to flame here, but I have heard many gopher fans talk about the lack of heart with this team. The gophers seem to be in most of the games, but just seem to lack the "heart" to win these close ones. I know the feeling since that is how last year went for my Badgers...

I agree. I don't really see the problem with the response on their board. It wasn't personal.

well, I went onto Badgernation trying to be nice and friendly. you know, congratulate them on their season so far and wish them luck for this week's game. this is the response I get:

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=193&f=2565&t=5625874

nice.

that being said, I am always pleasantly surprised by the few Badger regulars who pop up on this board around our matchups...always good sports and fun to banter with (UWOle and LakeGeneva pop into mind, but I know there are a few more).

So you go to a badger board and you get a little trash talk thrown your way.. and you come back here and complain about it?

Hofer...I did not see any problem with the replies. Is it possible that you expected more venom and are disappointed? Just asking.

... they go through long periods of time where they have no energy and play with little heart.

If this weren't true, the Gophers would probably have a few more wins this year.

I think you will see plenty of heart from the gophs Thursday night. Westbrook has got to be excited for this matchup considering he took over and pretty much single-handedly (sp?) won both matchups last year for the gophs. I never feel great playing the U at the Barn. Despite the majority of picks going with UW in the gameday thread (It's gotta be reverse psychology or something) I think its going to be a very close game.

Should be great fun.

I have to admit Hofferette, I was expecting far, far worse.

Love to maintain civility for post-game pleasantries. But, some smacks are in order for pre-game head-butting, no?? :D

when I posted this here, there was only that first response. it just read to me a little patronizing for a fairly non-antagonistic thread...and the kind of thing we can complain about but sounds obnoxious coming from a fan of another team.

in agreement, the next responses were all banter and that's more or less what I expect.

to be honest, I don't think I am in the best basketball state of mind this season...I am pretty bummed overall, so my apologies for a mountain out of a molehill. I'll dial back the hostility. as Al McGuire once said about any college basketball team regarding fans and coaches need to maintain perspective: "they are just a group of young men in short pants".

Top Bottom