Why are we going to beat the badgers?

GophenGolder

Badger Convert
Reaction score
The board seems a bit off for a week like this. I know things arent going that great, but this is WISCONSIN. This is the one game that saves any season. This is the game that you look forward to most when you pick up your season tickets.

I'll start:
Because Ralph Sampson is a champ.

No question a win over the Badgers would pick up our spirits. Not much to feel good about lately with regards to the Gopher sports that matter the most -- football, men's hoops and men's puck -- so a win would be nice.

But with all due respect, no way does beating the Badgers save this season, unless it leads to a 6-game winning streak to end the regular season, and I have a better chance of getting a date with Halle Berry than of that happening. This season has pretty much gone down the crapper since the meltdown in the second half vs. MSU. The Gophers have never really recovered. Beating the Badgers would be a temporary salve, yes, but that's about it.

No question a win over the Badgers would pick up our spirits. Not much to feel good about lately with regards to the Gopher sports that matter the most -- football, men's hoops and men's puck -- so a win would be nice.

But with all due respect, no way does beating the Badgers save this season, unless it leads to a 6-game winning streak to end the regular season, and I have a better chance of getting a date with Halle Berry than of that happening. This season has pretty much gone down the crapper since the meltdown in the second half vs. MSU. The Gophers have never really recovered. Beating the Badgers would be a temporary salve, yes, but that's about it.

I believe Halle Berry would be interested in a date with you if you are willing to streak the court from one Cub foods insignia to the other during the Badger game. Give it a try. Only you can save the season at this point. :)

It won't and can't be a season saver but it is one of those
rivalry games that records can be tossed out the window
come tip-off time.
The players now seem like they just want the season over with
but a win over Wisky can lift some spirits and be a bright spot
to reflect upon when thinking about this year.

Always makes you feel better to beat your hated rival.

Besides, it would be better to beat the buck tooth river rodents than to lose to them.

Top Bottom