Kyle Noreen to attend Minnesota Gopher Game

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Monter:

"Kyle Noreen, a 6-foot-5 junior from Minneapolis (MN) Minnesota Transitions, is expected to be a visitor for the Minnesota-Wisconsin game Thursday, according to Minnesota Pump N Run AAU coach Jeremy Miller. Noreen recently went over the 2,0000 point mark in his career and along with older brother Kevin, a Boston College signee, have paced the Wolves to an 18-3 record.

Noreen has received scholarship offers from Liberty and Lafayette, according to Jeremy Miller. He is also received interest from Virginia, Boston College, VCU, Iowa State, Iowa, Minnesota, Wisconsin, Cornell, Northeastern, Denver, Lehigh, St. Bonaventure, Cal Poly, New Mexico, Northwestern, Drake and Stanford."

http://minnesota.scout.com/2/946755.html

Go Gophers!!

Is this official?

Is this an "official" visit or is he just attending the game?

Anyone know if the Gophers are going to give the kid an offer?

Nothing against this kid, but things are pretty dire if we offer him a scholarship

But hey, if we do offer him, hopefully he proves me wrong.

Don't sleep on Kyle Noreen. He is a very solid prospect. He is 6'5", great outside shot, can finish above the rim. He's the type of kid every team needs because he does all the little stuff (ala, blake). He has a chance to be a high major kid, the gophs are very smart at keeping this kid on their radar and intrested in their program.

Nothing against this kid, but things are pretty dire if we offer him a scholarship

But hey, if we do offer him, hopefully he proves me wrong.

QUERY - Don't you have to be a senior?

I find many of the recruiting rules opaque. But, don' tyou have to be a senior to take an *official* visit? I think KN is a player they've been following, and just want to make sure he knows they're interested in....

I find many of the recruiting rules opaque. But, don' tyou have to be a senior to take an *official* visit? I think KN is a player they've been following, and just want to make sure he knows they're interested in....

Noreen is a senior...

Also, interesting that ESPN and Rivals have him listed at 6'10". Even Scout has him at 6'8". Little bit of a difference between 6'5" and 6'10".

Noreen is a senior...

Also, interesting that ESPN and Rivals have him listed at 6'10". Even Scout has him at 6'8". Little bit of a difference between 6'5" and 6'10".

I think Kyle Noreen is the other Noreen's younger brother. Oh so I thought when I read a post above in this thread.

As Kyle Noreen is a junior, any visit he takes is an unofficial visit, which is to say that the school cannot pay for anything other than the tickets they provide to the game. One must be senior and must have taken a standardized test to be eligible for an official visit. Schools can pay for travel, lodging and meals of a prospect on an official visit, though I believe there is a cap of some sort on the amount that can be spent.

Top Bottom