Gioing to Vegas...

BigGopherFan

Banned
Reaction score
I'm going to be in Vegas from Friday until Monday. Does anyone know if C.Joseph is playing one of those nights and approximately where the school is. Is it actually in the city?

It's about 15 miles from the Bellagio to Findlay/Henderson. ~10 miles from the airport.

Not bad timing for Findlay to have a break... Cory's buddy (and fellow Canadian and McDonald's AA) Tristan Thompson and another guy on their team, Marko Petrovic (Drazen's [RIP] nephew) both jacked up their ankles pretty good in their game at Montverde a few weeks ago, so Findlay has been relying on some other kids to help Cory get it done. The hope is they'll be ready to go in a couple of weeks.

BTW, Cory Joseph and the shortened Findlay bench won 63-57 against Trenton Catholic (NJ) yesterday... Joseph had 19 pts, 4 boards, and 4 assists.

BTW part 2, Findlay junior Nick Johnson stepped up again with 11 pts, 5 stls and 4 assists in yesterday's game (not unique for him - he's had a very good year). Like Mark Petrovic, he also is the nephew of a deceased former NBA player - Dennis Johnson... DJ of course played with Boston with Bird, Parish, McHale, etc... (I hated the Celtics in the 80s - GO LAKERS!!, but DJ was a player). Nick's dad also played ball (Arizona State... dude could jump out of the building).

What's my point? None, really, other than your timing is just barely off... they don't play a ton of games at home. And... Nick Johnson is a name we may hear of in years to come - Ohio State is on him. Lots of schools are, though. Nick says he's not even sweating the recruiting this year... but it'll certainly heat up late summer / early fall for him.

If you want to make some money, take my PPD and go the other way with it. Currently nursing a 9-game skid and am 11 games south of sea level.

Or just follow my PPD - in Vegas right now, and am +200 at the sports book over two days.

Not easy to find

Findlay is not easy to find, buried in south Henderson. No clue when they're going to play at home next. I've thought about going but when it comes down to it, I can't justify going much out of my way for a HS basketball game, even though I LIVE in southeast Henderson.

Is Findlay really considered a high school team? Let's be honest about what some of these "schools" are. ... all-star teams that travel all over the country. Putting the word "Prep" behind it just makes them feel better. "Prep" for a basketball career (read: achieving the bare-bones minimum to become eligible for a D-I scholly) is more appropriate than prep for a college campus.

Is Findlay really considered a high school team? Let's be honest about what some of these "schools" are. ... all-star teams that travel all over the country. Putting the word "Prep" behind it just makes them feel better. "Prep" for a basketball career (read: achieving the bare-bones minimum to become eligible for a D-I scholly) is more appropriate than prep for a college campus.

In many cases, yes, there are pure basketball schools. Findlay is rare... I would say that Findlay is considered more of a high school team now (as they have dropped the 5th year kids)... but, Findlay itself is more of a program.. it's not a school. The school is Henderson International... Findlay Prep is a basketball program, and the players in its program attend Henderson International.. no doubt, the goal of 'Findlay Prep' was to create a great basketball program... but it's a little different than the 'diploma mill' types of places you're talking about that find themselves in trouble with the NCAA Clearinghouse

Top Bottom