New Gopher baseball stadium thread

I don't know if it's possible, but can't they just use the lights from the current field? The lights were working at the final game. I know they would have to move them because the whole field is shifting but it would save some money.

Has anyone seen any updated renderings of the new field? The promotional video has been our best look to date. Just wondering if there is anything new out there yet.

So happy for Coach Anderson, he and the program really deserve this. Can't wait to see the finished product!

I'm not trying to nitpick because I'm so frickin' happy for Anderson and the team to get a new field, but why green seats?? Wondered the same thing about Target Field.

My preference for SF would be maroon seats to match TCF, Williams, Mariucci. Oh well! Can't wait to see the finished product.

I'm not trying to nitpick because I'm so frickin' happy for Anderson and the team to get a new field, but why green seats?? Wondered the same thing about Target Field.

My preference for SF would be maroon seats to match TCF, Williams, Mariucci. Oh well! Can't wait to see the finished product.

I agree.

I would bet it's all about cost. Green is probably a stock seat for any number of manufacturers, while maroon would be a higher cost custom made product. Considering how hard it has been to raise the money, I'm sure Coach Anderson had something else he preferred to spend the money on.

Generally, all things considered, I like green the best for outdoor seats. Banks of green seats are more restful on the eyes and empty seats during games tend to be less conspicuous IMO.

Makes enough sense, since this is a privately funded ballpark not a University funded project. Trying to stretch each dollar as far as possible.

I wonder if they are actively seeking donations for phase 2?

new_siebert_field.jpg

I hadn't seen this view before. Looks good. Get me excited for phase two!

Siebert Field Getting Lights!!

http://www.gophersports.com/sports/m-basebl/spec-rel/012414aaa.html

"We are pleased that the Foundation could make it possible to provide lighting for Siebert Field," Ballintine said. "Our foundation is dedicated to the promotion of amateur baseball throughout Minnesota, and we feel that Siebert is the epicenter for the sport in this state. Siebert Field is important to us, and we look forward to future opportunities to continue improving it."

The Foundation for Minnesota Baseball is a charitable non-profit organization of people who believe in baseball as a force for good that brings people together. The Foundation strives to make the sport accessible for all in Minnesota.

http://www.gophersports.com/sports/m-basebl/spec-rel/013114aaa.html

Getting some night games as a result!

Top Bottom