I'll bet...

BigGopherFan

Banned
Reaction score
I'll bet my life savings that Royce White will surface somewhere at another mid-major Division I school. He's going to be one of those "second chance" cases that happen from time to time. Look at UTEP's best player Derrick Caracter. He was a kid that was dismissed from Louisville. That's just one example. We all know these type of stories happen all the time.
This is the last time I create a thread about RW, I promise...

I'll bet my life savings that Royce White will surface somewhere at another mid-major Division I school. He's going to be one of those "second chance" cases that happen from time to time. Look at UTEP's best player Derrick Caracter. He was a kid that was dismissed from Louisville. That's just one example. We all know these type of stories happen all the time.
This is the last time I create a thread about RW, I promise...

Hah.. so are you calling Minnesota a mid-major school? Personally, I don't think Mr. White has the patience or humility to sit out a year (or go to JUCO), then play a year of D1.. he's got money to make, son.

"The wonderful thing about basketball is that you can be an axe-murderer, but as long as you have talent, there is always someone else to give you another chance."

- Kevin McHale (in reference to Isaiah Rider).

Hah.. so are you calling Minnesota a mid-major school? Personally, I don't think Mr. White has the patience or humility to sit out a year (or go to JUCO), then play a year of D1.. he's got money to make, son.

Its close to a mid major. In the past 20 years we have been the 9th best team in the B10 in Basketball and 9th or 10th best team in FB. Just my opinion.

Certainly better than an average mid-major, but many MM schools have had better success than us in both BB and FB over the past 20 years.

Most of the folks I have met on this board have the "Emperor with no Cloths Syndrome"... regarding the Gophers.......
For White, I see him ending up at UNLV or with Monson in Long Beach.......

Its close to a mid major. In the past 20 years we have been the 9th best team in the B10 in Basketball and 9th or 10th best team in FB. Just my opinion.

Certainly better than an average mid-major, but many MM schools have had better success than us in both BB and FB over the past 20 years.

Well, it's good to know how you feel about the athletic department at the university. We're not a high major? Okay. Now, moving on.

Is Tarkanian still coaching anywhere.

On a serious note, anything Royce does should not be surprising. I think we all should have learned that by now. Another D-1 school for Royce might not be a bad idea. The academic part does not seem to be a problem at all and there is always that chance(?) that he learned something from his time in Gopherville. Will he go that route? Highly doubtful IMO.

Top Bottom