Trevor M trial likely to be rescheduled

You see, other Universities have a different approach. I think we should adopt a more objective and less punative policy.

Got it. Correct me if I am wrong, but I think this has been your opinion since you first arrived in the Hole. You have expressed it multiple times from every possible angle. And everyone who has cared to disagree with you has already done so.

I would wager that in the entire history of internet message boards not one poster has ever changed their opinion because another poster has endlessly harangued them and told them how wrong they are. Actually, this may never have happened in any forum in the entire history of the world. For my own part, I have two teenage children and I can truthfully say that I have never succeeded in changing their mind about even the smallest thing. Ever.

Internet message boards are much more enjoyable for everyone if a poster states their opinion on a particular subject no more than two or three times and then everyone moves on to the next topic. This is just a little bit of advice for you. I wish somebody had told me something like this when I was your age.

"I don't even know," Maturi said about the trial date. "Sometimes I hear that it's not going to trial, that it's going to be resolved or whatever. I hope it does (go to trial). The sooner the better for all of us."

Maturi sums it up very well. It's pretty obvious he (like everyone else) is frustrated and getting sick and tired of the clouds surrounding the program. One cloud, fortunately, is gone, now there's one more to iron out. Certainly can understand his, "Let's get the trial going and be done with it" feelings, no matter the end result (verdict). One way or another, it'll be done and the program can move on. Until then. ...

One thing a little odd in this statement by Maturi- "I hope it does go to trial."
Unless it's taken out of context.

Personally I am hoping the case gets tossed out of court tomorrow- meaning they decide they simply haven't got enough on him. That would be the best case scenario IMO.

Got it. Correct me if I am wrong, but I think this has been your opinion since you first arrived in the Hole. You have expressed it multiple times from every possible angle. And everyone who has cared to disagree with you has already done so.

I would wager that in the entire history of internet message boards not one poster has ever changed their opinion because another poster has endlessly harangued them and told them how wrong they are. Actually, this may never have happened in any forum in the entire history of the world. For my own part, I have two teenage children and I can truthfully say that I have never succeeded in changing their mind about even the smallest thing. Ever.

Internet message boards are much more enjoyable for everyone if a poster states their opinion on a particular subject no more than two or three times and then everyone moves on to the next topic. This is just a little bit of advice for you. I wish somebody had told me something like this when I was your age.

How many of your posts on the Football board are about allowing alchohol in the stadium because it is the American way?

How many of your posts on the Basketball board are about kicking Royce off of the team?

Considering the source of this post, this has to be the most hypocritical statement ever posted in the history of internet message boards. UpnorthGo4 complaining about someone arguing the same point over and over again? Pot meet Kettle. :clap:

How many of your posts on the Football board are about allowing alchohol in the stadium because it is the American way?

How many of your posts on the Basketball board are about kicking Royce off of the team?

Considering the source of this post, this has to be the most hypocritical statement ever posted in the history of internet message boards. UpnorthGo4 complaining about someone arguing the same point over and over again? Pot meet Kettle. :clap:

On the surface of it you may think you have a good point. But if you look at the history of my posts you will find that I have always restricted myself to no more than 2 or 3 posts in 99% of the threads I have participated in. I have done this intentionally to avoid getting in pissing contests which are a complete waste of time for everyone.

However, if other posters are going to continually start threads on topics that I am interested in (beer at The Brickhouse, Vikings, misbehaving athletes, etc) I will usually only weigh in on those threads if my views are not being properly represented by other posters. Whether you realized it or not there has always been a method to my madness. I recommend it for everyone because it increases my enjoyment of GopherHole and keeps my time commitment here to a minimum.

Some more information about the hypocracy of our AD and my position on this are that it seems as if Mabwke is Guilty until proven innocent. Whaley fights a cop, pleads guilty and gets to play. We're punishing Mbakwe for the slow legal process.Trevor is innocent enough to attend class, innocent enough to practice and innocent enough to be part of team activities, but he's NOT innocent enough to play in games. The fact that a person's livlihood can be derailed by hearsay is a frightening precedent not only for college athletics, but society as a whole. That is a problem when you have an AD with helter skelter misconduct policies........He is weak and way too Jimmy carter like for my taste...but is a Great guy

He has been arrested. That's why he has a trial scheduled next week. Arrested first, then trial. He has been charged with a crime, arrested, and released on his own recognisance.

Not quite sure why you are saying he hasn't been arrested.

First off, we've known for months a trial, if it ever happens, will not occur for a long time, at least early spring of this year. His attorney made that clear 6 months ago.

Second, Mbakwe was not 'released on his own recognisance [sic]'. It's a freaking felony charge for beating the crap out of a woman... c'mon dude. A $5,000 bond was posted (i.e., bail was $50,000 - big time, baby) on the day he went back to Florida to get formally arrested and booked.

Some more information about the hypocracy of our AD and my position on this are that it seems as if Mabwke is Guilty until proven innocent. Whaley fights a cop, pleads guilty and gets to play. We're punishing Mbakwe for the slow legal process.Trevor is innocent enough to attend class, innocent enough to practice and innocent enough to be part of team activities, but he's NOT innocent enough to play in games. The fact that a person's livlihood can be derailed by hearsay is a frightening precedent not only for college athletics, but society as a whole. That is a problem when you have an AD with helter skelter misconduct policies........He is weak and way too Jimmy carter like for my taste...but is a Great guy

How many times are you going to re-post this. We have heard it over and over and over and over again. We know your position. If you don't bring up your position again we won't either.

On the surface of it you may think you have a good point. But if you look at the history of my posts you will find that I have always restricted myself to no more than 2 or 3 posts in 99% of the threads I have participated in. I have done this intentionally to avoid getting in pissing contests which are a complete waste of time for everyone.

However, if other posters are going to continually start threads on topics that I am interested in (beer at The Brickhouse, Vikings, misbehaving athletes, etc) I will usually only weigh in on those threads if my views are not being properly represented by other posters. Whether you realized it or not there has always been a method to my madness. I recommend it for everyone because it increases my enjoyment of GopherHole and keeps my time commitment here to a minimum.

Because I am incredibly bored at work, I just went through your last 50 posts because I couldn't remember a post of yours that didn't involve "beer at The Brickhouse, Vikings, or misbehaving athletes".

Of your last 50 posts:

9 about misbehaving players
3 about Beer in TCF
4 about other topics

34/50 of your posts are in the off-topic board and/or about the Vikings and not Gopher related, I don't read this board so maybe that is why you sound so redundant.

That leaves 75% of your gopher related posts about the same 2 topics. None of them really having anything to do with Football or Basketball.

millions2spare said:
Some more information about the hypocracy of our AD...

There's more?? Awesome!!!!!!

Millions, you are so fun to follow. I really mean that. It's like you have an auto-post machine in your lair and every time your supercomputer detects the keywords "Joel" or "Royce", your system kicks off an auto-response.

That leaves 75% of your gopher related posts about the same 2 topics. None of them really having anything to do with Football or Basketball.

You are on to me, Gold. I try not to post on topics that I don't know much about. I played football and basketball but I am not an x's and o's guy. The only sports I know much about are golf and tennis.

Its amazing that you continue to be sitting US Congressman/Senator and be under Federal investigation, but a young kid can't play basketball (which will probably be his main career in life). What if he is innocent? How much has he already been punished? Messing with Trevor's Basketball career could have a significant effect on his life time earning potential since it is likely to be his main career even if he doesn't make the NBA.

Top Bottom