J.P. Tokoto

goldygo4

Reaction score
Anyone close to the program(aka JG) know of our chances of landing this kid? He's class of 2012 from Wisconsin and will be a star. Watched him play a couple weeks ago and the kid is the best player in the state and dominates games when he wants to.

I think UWOle has posted about him before. Minnesota is not in the cards for him.

He's made on unofficial visit to UK with his AAU coach and is coming in for another one for either the Tennessee or Florida game from what I hear.

That's kind of impressive for a kid to come for two unofficials in the 2012 class. He's pretty much a high priority for all the elite national programs right now. His recruitment is going to be a fun one to watch.

Minnesota offered JP this past summer, but the likelihood that he would wind up a Gopher is remote.

You can regularly find the likes of Coach K, Bill Self, and Roy Williams at his games, not to mention tons of assistants. Kentucky is the latest to offer Tokoto, just a couple of weeks ago.

He's already been to the campuses of numerous schools, including Kansas, UNC, Duke, Wisconsin, Marquette, Indiana...

Personally I hope he stays in town and goes to Marquette.. but the reality is I see him going off to one of the big name schools.

Very good family, smart kid, and will be one of 2012's top 15, if not better. He would be a tremendous get for the Gophers, but very, very unlikely.

Tokoto is a fantastic prospect, he is legimately one of the top 10-15 prospects in the country in the 2012 class. That does not happen too often in Wisconsin, so it's a bit odd to have Roy Williams (twice in the past 6 weeks) and Bill Self (last week) in for games. Tokoto still needs to develop his skills a bit more (i.e. shooting stroke), but he's a great athlete and a hard-working, humble kid.

As noted above, I don't think Minnesota will be much of a player in his recruitment. I don't think Kentucky will be either, despite the visit he recently took there. JP and his family do not seem like the type to be impressed by John Calipari. I still believe his top 5 will be Duke, Kansas, Marquette, North Carolina and Wisconsin. From what I have read, I would guess the current list is UNC, UW and Kansas (in that order). Hopefully UW has a shot, but that certainly will not be easy given the competition. Bo does seem to be putting more effort into this recruitment (perhaps he learned from the Vander debacle?), JP is most certainly a priority for the UW staff.

I don't think Kentucky will be either, despite the visit he recently took there. JP and his family do not seem like the type to be impressed by John Calipari.

You'd be wrong about that.

Tokoto must consider......

his options knowing Kentucky will be on probation by 2013, and that will affect his post season exposure.:cool:

Top Bottom