I can't wait

Ogee Ogilthorpe

Over Macho Grande?
Reaction score
I can't wait for the rest of the season to unfold.

The circus is over, packed up and left town (campus). The remaining guys on this roster see the rest of the season with a clarity that they haven't enjoyed ALL YEAR. Every game all season has been clouded by "what if" or when will this guy finally be playing and when will that guy finally suit up.

In the span of 24-48 hours, the Gopher PLAYERS finally learned that they will not have Al Nolen for the rest of the season, they will not have Royce White and they obviously will not have Mbakwe.

These guys now know, once and for all, THIS is the group of guys that we are going to battle with the rest of the way. Additional help is not coming in any way shape or form. THEY are the ones thate are going to have to get the job done. There's a lot of peace of mind in finally knowing that.

Somebody mentioned earlier that the guys really loved Royce. That may very well be and I'm not disputing that. But the UNCERTAINTY was hurting everyone. The drama was hurting everyone.

I for one am absolutely relieved that this mess is over. This was exhausting for virtually everyone involved.

I'm excited to see how these guys rally. They've endured a TON over the last 4 months and I'm sure this is a load off their minds as well.

Let's play basketball!!!

I am sure we will have fun in the NIT! Thankfully we played that weak schedule early in the season because I think you need a 500 record to qualify for the NIT!

The circus is over, packed up and left town (campus). The remaining guys on this roster see the rest of the season with a clarity that they haven't enjoyed ALL YEAR. Every game all season has been clouded by "what if" or when will this guy finally be playing and when will that guy finally suit up.

In the span of 24-48 hours, the Gopher PLAYERS finally learned that they will not have Al Nolen for the rest of the season, they will not have Royce White and they obviously will not have Mbakwe.

These guys now know, once and for all, THIS is the group of guys that we are going to battle with the rest of the way. Additional help is not coming in any way shape or form. THEY are the ones thate are going to have to get the job done. There's a lot of peace of mind in finally knowing that.

Somebody mentioned earlier that the guys really loved Royce. That may very well be and I'm not disputing that. But the UNCERTAINTY was hurting everyone. The drama was hurting everyone.

I for one am absolutely relieved that this mess is over. This was exhausting for virtually everyone involved.

I'm excited to see how these guys rally. They've endured a TON over the last 4 months and I'm sure this is a load off their minds as well.

Let's play basketball!!!

I was thinking the same thing. If you add to that their poor play @ osu it makes for an interesting game at psu. If they play as they did in Columbus it could be a very long rest of the year. Here's hoping they get back on track and make a run.

A winnable road game followed by a 3 game home stand. The season is far from over.

Thinking that Rodney will continue to get better and better as the season goes along.. 8-10 pts/game and a few rebounds/blocks would be great.

It is a relief to have the White circus/sideshow in the rear view mirror, though no doubt his jock-sniffing, hanger-on minions will certainly continue to make their presence felt in this forum for a while longer. I do think Saturday will tell us a lot about how the rest of the season will go.

What scares me is Penn State is way overdue for a win and we seem to be the perfect foil (in some turmoil), but on the other hand we're also well overdue for a road win and what better team to play than one that's 0-10. If a Texas A&M can go into Columbia and snap a 32-game Mizzou home-court winning streak, if a South Florida can go into Washington D.C. and knock off a top-10 Georgetown, certainly the Gophers should be able to handle Penn State & their hundreds of fans.

The players suited up are the only players that matter

Let's play basketball!!!

I think the impact is much, much less than you portray. If the players on the floor are looking to the bench while on the floor, there are many more issues than are apparent.

Let's play basketball!!!

The Minnesota Gophers have a serious lack of talent, and for the first time, a lack of depth. Look at the Ohio State game, every player in the floor for the Buckeyes was simply more talented than the Gophers' players. OSU has five awesome players and the Gophers have nine average players. Let's see who goes further. This is going to be a taxing month. I'll be rooting for them the whole time, but it's going to be tough to qualify for the tournament with the roster Tubby boasts. Maybe they'll make a nice run in the Big 10 Tournament!

The Minnesota Gophers have a serious lack of talent, and for the first time, a lack of depth. Look at the Ohio State game, every player in the floor for the Buckeyes was simply more talented than the Gophers' players. OSU has five awesome players and the Gophers have nine average players. Let's see who goes further. This is going to be a taxing month. I'll be rooting for them the whole time, but it's going to be tough to qualify for the tournament with the roster Tubby boasts. Maybe they'll make a nice run in the Big 10 Tournament!

Agree with this. Not a ton of talent, and not a lot of not a ton of talent.

I am hoping for more but this season is sadly NIT, it was finished after Mich State, that was the end of 2010. NIT, (puke) which is so painful to watch. NIT should be terminated, it is like watching the "Night of the living dead" in comparison to the big show. I will watch it and after curse myself for doing so. Only thing good about it is that it gives a player game minutes.

Hopefully next yr the players grow stronger...Tubby will get this fixed, going to take longer then some of us thought, probably longer than he thought as well..

Tubby will be gone--he won't have to worry about it.......

Yeah, I heard when Tubby was recruiting Tyus Jones it was because he was planning on leaving the team after this season before any of his other recruits have graduated to go start over at a different school. Genius.

Hey GOR.......lets just say that he is very frustrated and has options!......
Lets hope he stays!

Have trouble agreeing with that. He strikes me as a person/coach that wants to finish a job or mission, I think he would have serious regrets if he left now. That's just a feeling, I may be dead wrong.

Something else keeps him here, frankly, his marque has been dealt a significant blow this year, he is probably not showing quite the luster at other colleges that he may have reflected a year ago. Not his fault, but.....

Again for the older, more wise of course, overly sensitive posters, not saying he has done anything wrong. Can look at the White recruiting and second guess, but he'd have been flogged at the time he recruited him by Minnesota people and others if he didn't recruit him.

macG you are correct.....he had to recruit white. Sorry it did not work out.

Top Bottom