Spartans down, Lucas out

bga1

Reaction score
Potential real bad night for Spartans as Lucas left the game with an ankle injury - no weight on it. Spartans down 15........... I would love to see a comeback here against Wisky but it doesn't look good.

Home Cooking, Indeed!

Free Throws:

Michigan State: 13 - 16

Wisconsin: 2 - 4

Too bad for Lucas and MSU, but I don't think they're going to get any sympathy from Purdue (Jackson, Hummel last year), Wisconsin (Leuer), or OSU (Turner). Just something they'll have to fight through if he's out for awhile.

Too bad for Lucas and MSU, but I don't think they're going to get any sympathy from Purdue (Jackson, Hummel last year), Wisconsin (Leuer), or OSU (Turner). Just something they'll have to fight through if he's out for awhile.

Or the Gophs with RW, TM, and Nolen. It's just a part of the game.

Or the Gophs with RW, TM, and Nolen. It's just a part of the game.
Injuries I can have sympathy for. Off-the-court issues like the Gophers'...those players brought that upon themselves. I feel bad for the fans, but that's about it.

The timing of Lucas' injury could really tighten up the conference race. MSU is at Illinois on Saturday as part of ESPN's Gameday, then they head home for Purdue next Tuesday. After that, they have road games at PSU and IU, before coming home for OSU. They close this stretch by traveling to Purdue. There are a number of losable games coming up for MSU, particularly if Lucas is out or less than 100%.

Really nice effort by UW tonight. Very good defense and enough good shots got the Badgers another win over Izzo. I believe Bo is now 12-5 in his 8+ seasons against Izzo's MSU teams.

Begrudgingly I am beginning to admire Bo more and more, He passed on Maymon, he beats MSU without Leuer and year in and out keeps his team in the top half of the Big Ten.

Just when it looked like the Big Ten race was over. Not sure about Purdue but look for Wisc and OSU to make it interesting.

Just when it looked like the Big Ten race was over. Not sure about Purdue but look for Wisc and OSU to make it interesting.
Strange how nobody thinks Purdue is good anymore, especially after getting a critical starter back from an injury. Even if Purdue doesn't win the conference, their play is going to be critical in deciding who does, since they have 2 games remaining vs. MSU.

Strange how nobody thinks Purdue is good anymore, especially after getting a critical starter back from an injury. Even if Purdue doesn't win the conference, their play is going to be critical in deciding who does, since they have 2 games remaining vs. MSU.

Like I said, I wasn't sure about Purdue. Looks like it could be an interesting 3 or 4 team race.

borderline dirty play..
undercut a shooter.
no reason to 'box out' 20 feet from the hoop.
chippy play.
nankivil should have been whistled for at least a flagrant foul... maybe even tossed.

borderline dirty play..
undercut a shooter.
chippy play.
nankivil should have been whistled for at least a flagrant foul... maybe even tossed.

You are a clown. Keaton didn't undercut the shooter, there was nothing chippy or dirty about the play. He simply put his hand up while challenging the shooter. Bad luck for Lucas that he came down as he did, but there is no blame to be placed on Keaton.

Dumb to think the box-out was a dirty play. Great fundamentals. Those who think it a dirty play knows little about basketball.

One of the reason's Bo's teams tough to beat.

MSU is best rebounding team in the Big Ten. They have size, quickness, and great jumping ability. If you don't box out you lose.

You are a clown. Keaton didn't undercut the shooter, there was nothing chippy or dirty about the play. He simply put his hand up while challenging the shooter. Bad luck for Lucas that he came down as he did, but there is no blame to be placed on Keaton.

didn't undercut?
how did Lucas land on Keaton's foot then?
doesn't a box-out put your rearend into a guy?.. wouldn't keatons feet be on the hoop-side of Lucas?... so how did his feet end up under lucas other than a chippy quasi-box-out?

Dumb to think the box-out was a dirty play. Great fundamentals. Those who think it a dirty play knows little about basketball.

One of the reason's Bo's teams tough to beat.

MSU is best rebounding team in the Big Ten. They have size, quickness, and great jumping ability. If you don't box out you lose.

box-out (wink-wink) of the non-rebounding point guard by a slow seven footer 25 feet from the hoop not chippy??

wisky is duke-north.. undercut anyone driving to the hoop, undercut every shooter.. 'great fundamentals'??? this stuff gets you shot at Rucker.

There was absolutely nothing dirty about the play. Guys twist ankles by landing on someone else's foot. Happens all the time. Tough break for Sparty and Lucas. Hope he's back to speed quickly.

box-out (wink-wink) of the non-rebounding point guard by a slow seven footer 25 feet from the hoop not chippy??

wisky is duke-north.. undercut anyone driving to the hoop, undercut every shooter.. 'great fundamentals'??? this stuff gets you shot at Rucker.

If your team doesn't block out players like Lucas you will lose. Oops, you did lose.

If you don't think Lucas is a rebounding guard you again are showing your knowledge. He is probably the best all around guard in the Big Ten.

If your team doesn't block out players like Lucas you will lose. Oops, you did lose.

If you don't think Lucas is a rebounding guard you again are showing your knowledge. He is probably the best all around guard in the Big Ten.

the only other team in history that sent a 'big' 25 feet from the hoop to aggressively box out the opponents best player was the Pistons... the 'big' was Laimbeer.
not chippy? how niave are you guys?

There was absolutely nothing dirty about the play. Guys twist ankles by landing on someone else's foot. Happens all the time. Tough break for Sparty and Lucas. Hope he's back to speed quickly.

happens all the time??
don't think i've ever seen a shooter go straight up and land on a foot that wasn't there when he went up.
maybe on a contested drive where the guy is moving while jumping and lands god-knows-where.. Lucas went straight up.

also:

"When players are in the air they are vulnerable to even slight contact - that is why even touching an outside jump shooter after the ball release is almost always called a foul. Lucas went straight up and came straight down - a player who sticks an appendage where he is going to land, whether or not "intentional," puts the shooter at risk. It is both a foul and a dirty play. This is not like guys under the basket going for a rebound and going straight up. But even there, if a player backs into someone who is going up, it is also a foul - the player in the air is entitle to an unobstructed landing. "

next

borderline dirty play..
undercut a shooter.
chippy play.

Are you really this stupid? What kind of coach wouldn't want his players to box out someone they just defended a shot on...

Are you really this stupid? What kind of coach wouldn't want his players to box out someone they just defended a shot on...

god, another newbie who never played the game.
newbie: go to Rucker in NYC and undercut a shooter... see where it gets you.

god, another newbie who never played the game.
newbie: go to Rucker in NYC and undercut a shooter... see where it gets you.

Who cares what will or won't get someone "capped" at Rucker Park. Are you really trying to compare street ball to Big 10 basketball? I guess that proves my point that you're an idiot.

Use an objective eye for once and watch the play. There is nothing dirty about it.

Who cares what will or won't get someone "capped" at Rucker Park. Are you really trying to compare street ball to Big 10 basketball? I guess that proves my point that you're an idiot.

Use an objective eye for once and watch the play. There is nothing dirty about it.

sliding a hip under a shooter is not a box out..
and, moron, how does a shooter land on someone's foot in a clean boxout???
a clean boxout does not undercut.

just what the board doesn't need: moron newbies who have never played the game.

please don't waste post #7 unless you have something real to say.

Stop whining. Injuries happen. Every one of the 4 teams that could potentially win the conference have had to fight through an injury to a starter.

just what the board doesn't need: moron newbies who have never played the game.

please don't waste post #7 unless you have something real to say.

dBoy - keep talking. Your the idiot here.

It happens as part of an accident. But lets extend your "logic" here. when someone comes down from a shot and sprains their ankle because they landed on a foot, the person whose foot they landed on should be tossed from the game? Man, that's air-tight.

If RS3 did this, none of us would be saying anything about it. Actually, you are the only one saying anything about it anyhow. Nakivil must be some kind of talented if he can defend a shot, then (without even looking), place his foot in exactly the correct spot so Lucas would fall on it in order to sprain his ankle, all the while facing the basket because he is boxing the man out. Wish he was on the Gophers with that kind of coordination.

Either that, or you're nuts. Keep it up. This is entertaining.

Top Bottom