One Comment on Royce and Then I'll Shut Up

jamiche

Reaction score
I think it's fairly irrelevant whether he is a nice young man or not. I'm sure he's both. Most of us are. The point is that 18 and 19 year olds do stupid things. While I don't know, I'm quite certain that Blake Hoffarber, Ralph Sampson, Paul Carter and Damian Johnson have done stupid things. What you hope and pray for any person that age is that they don't do the kind of stupid things that have lasting negative consequences. Joel Pryzbilla did a really stupid, immature thing about 10 years ago and he got incredibly lucky. Lucky to the tune of fifty or sixty million bucks. That rarely happens. I suspect that there are two or three people with some maturity trying to help Royce avoid the lasting consequences of his behavior.

Well said...

My take:

Congratulations, Royce. In the span of approximately 4 months, you have cost yourself millions of dollars and have nobody to blame but yourself.

YES, I think the campus police couldn't have made themselves look much more pathetic and stupid than they did if they tried. They botched this thing from the start, thought they were holding the cards, and came off looking like idiots.

I don't know if Tubby was right or wrong but I DO know that he had a LOT more information on the issue than any of us ever could dream of and with that information in hand, I trust he did what was best for everyone involved.

Here's the thing;

>I can forgive Royce for the MOA incidents
>I can even forgive him for being in dorms he wasn't supposed to be near
>I can even forgive him for entering dorm rooms that he wasn't supposed to but apparently thousands of people do
>I can probably even forgive him for not giving up the names of his friends that he was with that night

I have a hard time for forgiving him for his media actions, however. His actions on YouTube and in the local media were all about him; he's a victim, he should be playing, etc.

Royce never thought about his fellow teammates and the damage he was doing to them one time (it appears). Everything he did OUTSIDE of his legal troubles did nothing but cause the team and university distractions and suffering.

Forget about we as fans, or even the university; if I were one of Royce's "teammates", I couldn't be me more pissed off, embarassed, and ashamed of what he has done to a team for which he had never played. It's clear Royce has ABSOLUTELY NO CONCEPT of what it means to be a "team player" and be part of a team.

That's too bad....

My take:

YES, I think the campus police couldn't have made themselves look much more pathetic and stupid than they did if they tried. They botched this thing from the start, thought they were holding the cards, and came off looking like idiots.

I think the cops got exactly what they were looking for, and they took their sweet time doing it. You ever hear the saying "You can beat the rap, but you can't beat the ride"?

The ride has taken 3 months, and I'm guessing it wasn't botched at all.

My take:

Congratulations, Royce. In the span of approximately 4 months, you have cost yourself millions of dollars and have nobody to blame but yourself.

I don't know if Tubby was right or wrong but I DO know that he had a LOT more information on the issue than any of us ever could dream of and with that information in hand, I trust he did what was best for everyone involved.

Here's the thing;

>I can forgive Royce for the MOA incidents
>I can even forgive him for being in dorms he wasn't supposed to be near
>I can even forgive him for entering dorm rooms that he wasn't supposed to but apparently thousands of people do
>I can probably even forgive him for not giving up the names of his friends that he was with that night

I have a hard time for forgiving him for his media actions, however. His actions on YouTube and in the local media were all about him; he's a victim, he should be playing, etc.

Royce never thought about his fellow teammates and the damage he was doing to them one time (it appears). Everything he did OUTSIDE of his legal troubles did nothing but cause the team and university distractions and suffering.

Forget about we as fans, or even the university; if I were one of Royce's "teammates", I couldn't be me more pissed off, embarassed, and ashamed of what he has done to a team for which he had never played. It's clear Royce has ABSOLUTELY NO CONCEPT of what it means to be a "team player" and be part of a team.

That's too bad....

finally a post that makes perfect sense. You seem to be one of the few older posters that gets it.

I think it's fairly irrelevant whether he is a nice young man or not. I'm sure he's both. Most of us are. The point is that 18 and 19 year olds do stupid things. While I don't know, I'm quite certain that Blake Hoffarber, Ralph Sampson, Paul Carter and Damian Johnson have done stupid things. What you hope and pray for any person that age is that they don't do the kind of stupid things that have lasting negative consequences. Joel Pryzbilla did a really stupid, immature thing about 10 years ago and he got incredibly lucky. Lucky to the tune of fifty or sixty million bucks. That rarely happens. I suspect that there are two or three people with some maturity trying to help Royce avoid the lasting consequences of his behavior.

Yeppers.

My last comment as well.

It takes a caring person to offer an apology to his coach, teammates, fans and the UM. But that won't happen as its clear that RW cares only about himself. He just doesn't get it.

finally a post that makes perfect sense. You seem to be one of the few older posters that gets it.

What do you consider an 'older poster'? Is it someone that has been posting for more than two months?

I feel so violated

What do you consider an 'older poster'? Is it someone that has been posting for more than two months?

HELP!!! I'm a victim of age discrimination!!!! Yikes, I guess I did just turn 40 last month but "old"? Sage, wise, mature.... sure... but old? Ouch...

"Old" probably means over 30 .... That puts many of us in the same bucket OO .. It was pretty funny though.

HELP!!! I'm a victim of age discrimination!!!! Yikes, I guess I did just turn 40 last month but "old"? Sage, wise, mature.... sure... but old? Ouch...

Hey old guy Ogee; I forgot to mention I thought your original post was excellent. Great perspective.

HELP!!! I'm a victim of age discrimination!!!! Yikes, I guess I did just turn 40 last month but "old"?

Don't even get me started. I'm having a major case of the mid life crisis the last few days as we're planning our annual trip down to Florida. We didn't go last year because the oldest was away at college but as things happened both kids are on break at the same time year so we decided to go. We started making the trips when the kids were 10 and 7 and thinking of how things have changed in the last ten years is seriously making me wish I could go back and do it all over again. Damn, I wish I were 10 or 15 years younger.

Off topic rant. Sorry, carry on.

It's good to be in my early 30s with no kids...

Don't even get me started. I'm having a major case of the mid life crisis the last few days as we're planning our annual trip down to Florida. We didn't go last year because the oldest was away at college but as things happened both kids are on break at the same time year so we decided to go. We started making the trips when the kids were 10 and 7 and thinking of how things have changed in the last ten years is seriously making me wish I could go back and do it all over again. Damn, I wish I were 10 or 15 years younger.

Off topic rant. Sorry, carry on.

Trying to get the kids together for a family vacation is like herding cats because they have different schedules and are at different points in their lives. Planning has to take place months and months in advance.

We do things backwards, I guess. We waited until everybody was out of the house to join Costco and get a puppy. Go figure.

Do I get a "Hijack Exemption" if I started the thread?

Trying to get the kids together for a family vacation is like herding cats because they have different schedules and are at different points in their lives. Planning has to take place months and months in advance.

We do things backwards, I guess. We waited until everybody was out of the house to join Costco and get a puppy. Go figure.

Do I get a "Hijack Exemption" if I started the thread?

It might depend upon if you are a new poster or older poster. This is a segregated board you know.

Lol. Last year it just didn't work, although, having just two kids isn't bad as far as juggling schedules go. This year we made it, next year, me and the little woman will probably just go by ourselves. ( God, did I just say that?!? )

We've had Sam's Club for a long time but really starting using it to resupply the college child. We have a schnauzer and two chihuahua's. Lord knows they'll probably outlive me.

Top Bottom