Can't believe Penn State is 0-9?

Sota1

Reaction score
This team scares me, especially with the trouble we have had lately. Normally, you would count this an auto win, but not so sure. They have played teams relatively tough this year and fear that if we don't come out very aggressively we could end up on the losing end. This game will tell if we have packed it in or ready to put things behind us and start a mini run. No way we should lose this game on Saturday if we come to play and have our heads on straight.

I'd feel a lot better if it were Nolen guarding Battle.... This game scares me. One thing is sure- if we don't show up on Saturday this season is toast. If the OSU game wasn't enough of a wake up call for this team then nothing will be.

I expect it to come down to the last couple minutes. Gophers need to find a way to scrape out a win and get out of Happy Valley.

In this instance, I think it's a good thing the Gophers have a mid-week bye. If they're worth their salt, they should have a bad taste in their mouth, a chip on their shoulder, whatever you want to call it. I would expect the players and staff to have a great effort & a great sense of urgency after the tird they dropped in Columbus. Let's be honest, there's no less intimidating place to play in the Big 10 than Bryce-Jordan. If the Gophers can't beat an 0-9 Penn State team playing in front of 2,000 of their closest friends, I'd hold out very little hope they can beat a Northwestern, Michigan or Illinois on the road.

Every game scares me now. In the Monson era I would expect to lose this game with the season in a tailspin, but with Tubby there is hope. Personally, I am sort of expecting an NIT appearance this year so anything to suprise me would be great. Penn State keeps losing because after Battle their isn't much happening; at the end of games they count on him to do everything (like Kobe and the Lakers, ha ha) and it just doesn't work out for them...yet.

I can believe it. They are rather bad. As long as you can keep Battle from exploding, you'll be fine...and even if he does, you'll probably still be fine because the rest of the team will score 15 points.

It's still not as surprising as Iowa winning two games. That's way more the any of their 3,4 thousand fans expected.

Penn State has also had a double digit lead in like 12 of their Big Ten games. Which is weird, since they've only played 9.

Battle may have a career night folks..I don't believe Joesph is quick enough on his feet to keep up with his slashing and dashing and step back 3 point shooting... Might be in for a tough night...hope I'm wrong.

Battle may have a career night folks..I don't believe Joesph is quick enough on his feet to keep up with his slashing and dashing and step back 3 point shooting... Might be in for a tough night...hope I'm wrong.

No doubt... guaranteed Talor is anxious to get the game underway... lickin his chops.

Pomeroy's numbers put Penn State as the second (to only Marquette) most unlucky team in the nation.. they are plenty due. Hopefully Battle has a poor shooting night...

However... if the gophers are mentally prepared for this game...they can beat this team...no matter if penn state is in dire need of a win or not...On paper we are a much better and more balanced team...coming into this season as a national power(ranked in the top 25) gophs need to come out strong...but the road has been a lonely place for gopher shooting...if we start poorly the result will be a loss.

I really wish they wouldve won a game already. They are probably pointing to this game as one they expect/hope to win at home. This game even more than others, it will be imperative to get off to a good start. If shoot well to start the game, I like our chances, if we are cold, and they are hitting some 3s, I believe we will be in big trouble.

How bout Bryant Allen chasing Battle around and using up his 5 fouls on him?

I really wish they wouldve won a game already. They are probably pointing to this game as one they expect/hope to win at home. This game even more than others, it will be imperative to get off to a good start. If shoot well to start the game, I like our chances, if we are cold, and they are hitting some 3s, I believe we will be in big trouble.

How bout Bryant Allen chasing Battle around and using up his 5 fouls on him?

Could not agree more with that last sentence.

horrible comparison

Every game scares me now. In the Monson era I would expect to lose this game with the season in a tailspin, but with Tubby there is hope. Personally, I am sort of expecting an NIT appearance this year so anything to suprise me would be great. Penn State keeps losing because after Battle their isn't much happening; at the end of games they count on him to do everything (like Kobe and the Lakers, ha ha) and it just doesn't work out for them...yet.

The NBA sucks but the Lakers could make the playoffs without Kobe. They are easily the most talented team in the league. Kobe choses not to involve them and take those shots while being triple teamed. Switch Lebron and Kobe and the Lakers would win the next four championships in a row.

If things start going wrong with Battle that we get behind early, it may be a good idea to put Rodney Williams on Battle. Although I think that Williams is not good enough on defense yet to take on Battle, his athleticism and length could make him a worthwhile gamble. Again, if and only if we get behind early by Battle shooting the light out.

Let's be honest, there's no less intimidating place to play in the Big 10 than Bryce-Jordan. If the Gophers can't beat an 0-9 Penn State team playing in front of 2,000 of their closest friends, I'd hold out very little hope they can beat a Northwestern, Michigan or Illinois on the road.

Right on. I think there are two factor which will dictate this game. Can we reasonably Battle & will our bigs play better than they did against PS at Williams.

Top Bottom