Royce White says he will withdraw from the U, will Calvin Godfrey receive an offer?

Deosn't sound too talkative but maybe after Royce White that is a good thing.

I was actually going to title it - "Calvin Godfrey - man of few words but many post moves"

CG doesn't have any offers. Monson got better recruits.

Thanks for the interview. Great timing as usual.

Haha - thanks...the second all this went down today - I'm like, I think I need to type this up during my lunch hour, haha!

CG doesn't have any offers. Monson got better recruits.

From watching him play, I doubt that's because of how good of a player he is. Sounds like he needs to get some things straightened out off the court.

Oh Dear!

Haha - thanks...the second all this went down today - I'm like, I think I need to type this up during my lunch hour, haha!

From watching him play, I doubt that's because of how good of a player he is. Sounds like he needs to get some things straightened out off the court.

Oh Dear !!!

I don't like the sounds of that.

:(

Godfrey was apparently suspended for Cooper's game last night:

http://tchoops.blogspot.com/

Figured that was the reasoning.

Showed up with my girlfriend to the game last night with the intention of seeing 2 D-1 prospects going at it, only to ask myself....where is Calvin Godfrey at!? With about 10 seconds to go in the game and Cooper down 2, I looked over into the corner of the entry way to the gym to find Godfrey with his backpack on and hat standing alone in the corner, as he watched his team lose at the buzzer.

Would've been a much different story had he played. I sure hope he can fix the off court problems, along with the attitude on it. I've seen too many high school players with lots of potential fumble it away with issues.

Godfrey was apparently suspended for Cooper's game last night:

http://tchoops.blogspot.com/

Yeah - after TC Hoops Czar tweeted that, I texted him to ask him why he wasn't playing. He just responded that it was the coaches decision, and I asked how long the suspension would be, and he didn't know.

Sounds like a great game, good write-up, hoops Czar!

Yeah - after TC Hoops Czar tweeted that, I texted him to ask him why he wasn't playing. He just responded that it was the coaches decision, and I asked how long the suspension would be, and he didn't know.

Did he say anything about a video on YouTube?

Why even consider him now? We aren't 100% sure yet that Royce and Trevor are gone. If we are 100% certain that Royce and/or Trevor are gone then we should consider all options for another big. I'm not sold on this kid at all. He's got no offers, sounds unmotivated and if he's suspended, we should pass on this kid. He doesn't have Royce White or Trevor talent to justify taking a risk here. I'd rather take a chance on Chanse, sign a JUCO or hold the scholarship til next year and maybe give Dominique Dawson or even Seantrel H. the spot for a year.

Why even consider him now? We aren't 100% sure yet that Royce and Trevor are gone. If we are 100% certain that Royce and/or Trevor are gone then we should consider all options for another big. I'm not sold on this kid at all. He's got no offers, sounds unmotivated and if he's suspended, we should pass on this kid. He doesn't have Royce White or Trevor talent to justify taking a risk here. I'd rather take a chance on Chanse, sign a JUCO or hold the scholarship til next year and maybe give Dominique Dawson or even Seantrel H. the spot for a year.

I think that's exactly whey Tubby has no offered, has not made any promises to offer, or has even showed interest more than a few conversations and is keeping his distance a bit. Don't want to rule the guy out, but don't want to give him false hope. I think that's what they're doing.

Had this been a year or two, this may be different situation, but at this point, we can't take any chances on kids.

I heard Calvin was suspended for lack of respect towards coaches and for talking back in practice and showing an overall poor attitude.

Top Bottom