Anyone else notice

goldygo4

Reaction score
That there seems to be a couple new members with around the same amount of posts who are saying pretty much the same thing about our coach? Coincidence? I think not.

That there seems to be a couple new members with around the same amount of posts who are saying pretty much the same thing about our coach? Coincidence? I think not.

Nope. I smell Kentucky racists among them.

If you're saying they are the same person with multiple logins, the admins can tell that from the ip addresses.

I have an acct. at one of the Kentucky boards. Some of the nondescript names here remind me of my moniker there. :)
Many UK fans frequent here and say so. The level of hatred - I would call it hatred and so would they - a type of fan there have for Tubby Smith is a more than little scary. While I find FOT a little annoying, he's a reaction to virulence of the UK fanatics. I think its fair to discuss the performance of the coach but that's not their agenda.

We are below .500 in conference, which never happened last year. Improving?

What also never happened last year:
We lost our starting point guard this week, top in the BT in steals. And our top recruits expected to make an immediate impact never hit the floor. Had they quietly never hit the floor that would have been better than the distraction of arrests, court appearances, depositions and youtube. That never happened last year either.

Agree with the new recruits the team would be better. But have not seen them either, some blogger s maintain that White and Mbakwe can walk on water. Sure hope so. But still surprised today's team is below .500, didn't lose much in player talent from last year.

It's too bad...

I'm more disappointed in some of the more established posters/members on this board that can't seem to refrain from responding to some of these clowns.

It's not rocket science to see who has an agenda and who doesn't. I have to seriously question your judgment and maturity if you're responding to a heated/piercing post from somebody who's clearly not been a member for longer than a month or a couple months.

We should be able to police ourselves better than what has been going on...

We should be able to police ourselves better than what has been going on...
Touche OO, I agree.

You'd think I would have learned by now, but some of these new posters have really started to get under my skin; they're coming from everywhere...but life goes on.

I'll try to follow your well-reasoned advice from now on ;)

I have an acct. at one of the Kentucky boards. Some of the nondescript names here remind me of my moniker there. :)
Many UK fans frequent here and say so. The level of hatred - I would call it hatred and so would they - a type of fan there have for Tubby Smith is a more than little scary. While I find FOT a little annoying, he's a reaction to virulence of the UK fanatics. I think its fair to discuss the performance of the coach but that's not their agenda.

Keep dreaming and maybe one day you and FOT's little fantasy world will actually exist. Racism is not the issue nor is it linked to one segment of a population. There are racists in Minnesota too of course. Maybe you've noticed Rep. Michelle Bachman? Unlike you, I don't assign her viewpoints to the rest of the population or consider it the majority consensus.

Of course what do I know? I'm just the husband of an African-American women, the father of bi-racial children, a Kentucky native and a supporter of one of the few schools in the nation with an African American head football coach. I've seen more racism in my life than I care to stomach. And it exists in Lexington, Ky, New York City and Minneapolis Minnesota. It's not a matter of geography nor the rooting interest in college athletics program.

Keep dreaming and maybe one day you and FOT's little fantasy world will actually exist. Racism is not the issue nor is it linked to one segment of a population. There are racists in Minnesota too of course. Maybe you've noticed Rep. Michelle Bachman? Unlike you, I don't assign her viewpoints to the rest of the population or consider it the majority consensus.

Of course what do I know? I'm just the husband of an African-American women, the father of bi-racial children, a Kentucky native and a supporter of one of the few schools in the nation with an African American head football coach. I've seen more racism in my life than I care to stomach. And it exists in Lexington, Ky, New York City and Minneapolis Minnesota. It's not a matter of geography nor the rooting interest in college athletics program.
Actually, I'm not referring to FOT constant reference to racism. I agree that there is racism everywhere and Kentucky does not have a corner on it and of course we have it here. The continual and immediate reference to racism that FOT raises is unnecessary. I wanted to see what the worst UK board is like, and the extremism is daunting.

I am talking about the extreme hatred that a group of intense UK fans have for Tubby. You know it is true. They hate Tubby like they hate Louisville! And they want him to fail and they follow him still; while most people here have no idea who (I had to stop and think of the team) Long Beach will be playing this week and will be happy for Monson's success as a coach.

There are so many trolls on this board, it's ridiculous. It shouldn't take a MENSA member to see what's going on here. The Gophers struggle a little bit, and all of a sudden a bunch of new members show up to complain about Tubby and say that we should have realized based on his track record at Kentucky that he was lazy and shiftless? I'm going to start using the ignore utility a little more. And by the way, people that don't think backward racial attitudes have anything to do with why certain Kentucky fans are still obsessive haters of Tubby are foolish. The Truth, I'm happy that you're enlightened. I question why you would feel the need to post so much on a Gopher message board, but whatever. But even you must admit that many of the critiques of Tubby are racially tinged. Look, I'm as frustrated with the team as anybody now. I had such high hopes for this year. Now it's looking like we're going to come up short. But frankly, I don't want to hear from anybody but commiserating Minnesota fans. The Wisconsin and Kentucky trolls need to find something better to do.

There are so many trolls on this board, it's ridiculous. It shouldn't take a MENSA member to see what's going on here. The Gophers struggle a little bit, and all of a sudden a bunch of new members show up to complain about Tubby and say that we should have realized based on his track record at Kentucky that he was lazy and shiftless? I'm going to start using the ignore utility a little more. And by the way, people that don't think backward racial attitudes have anything to do with why certain Kentucky fans are still obsessive haters of Tubby are foolish. The Truth, I'm happy that you're enlightened. I question why you would feel the need to post so much on a Gopher message board, but whatever. But even you must admit that many of the critiques of Tubby are racially tinged. Look, I'm as frustrated with the team as anybody now. I had such high hopes for this year. Now it's looking like we're going to come up short. But frankly, I don't want to hear from anybody but commiserating Minnesota fans. The Wisconsin and Kentucky trolls need to find something better to do.

i'm born/raised near Duluth.. keep me 'on' :eek:

The people who were soppose to help us improve are not playing. You may lay this at the coaches doorstep. Most do not. Tubby has to try and play with a team that is missing key elements.

Actually, I'm not referring to FOT constant reference to racism. I agree that there is racism everywhere and Kentucky does not have a corner on it and of course we have it here. The continual and immediate reference to racism that FOT raises is unnecessary. I wanted to see what the worst UK board is like, and the extremism is daunting.

I am talking about the extreme hatred that a group of intense UK fans have for Tubby. You know it is true. They hate Tubby like they hate Louisville! And they want him to fail and they follow him still; while most people here have no idea who (I had to stop and think of the team) Long Beach will be playing this week and will be happy for Monson's success as a coach.

Great post. We had another great post from one the Gopher fans in UK a few weeks ago. That really narrowed down the reason for the hate for Tubby. I have read many of "The Truth" posts. I am not impressed at all by his style. He thinks very poorly of Tubby for some unknown reason. He calls me an angry man with so much hate for Kentukians yet he comes here and bashes Tubby any time he gets a chance. I am not sure why he hates Tubby so much. I really wish that I could find out. Many of those posters on UK board are ignorant racists who have not even attended UK nor have any of their family memebrs. They like to win basketball games and wear that blue shirt to feel some sort of security. The Truth and other UK fans live in the past. They will not win the NC this year. Next year, they will have 3-5 of their players depart. They will be in NIT next year like Florida did after the NCs. We'll laugh at them in March and a few Marches later.

Fair enough and I apologize for misconstruing what you posted.

I totally agree with what you say about extremism and some UK fans. Where you and I differ is the assignment of that mindset to a great many people or that it exists firmly in one fanbase. I know people who didn't care for Tubby's coaching or his tenure but praised the man's character and wish him nothing but the best. It's just no so cut and dry as saying "All UK fan's are irrational!" or "all UK fans are racist!".

Great post. We had another great post from one the Gopher fans in UK a few weeks ago. That really narrowed down the reason for the hate for Tubby. I have read many of "The Truth" posts. I am not impressed at all by his style. He thinks very poorly of Tubby for some unknown reason. He calls me an angry man with so much hate for Kentukians yet he comes here and bashes Tubby any time he gets a chance. I am not sure why he hates Tubby so much. I really wish that I could find out. Many of those posters on UK board are ignorant racists who have not even attended UK nor have any of their family memebrs. They like to win basketball games and wear that blue shirt to feel some sort of security. The Truth and other UK fans live in the past. They will not win the NC this year. Next year, they will have 3-5 of their players depart. They will be in NIT next year like Florida did after the NCs. We'll laugh at them in March and a few Marches later.

Troll

bruce

If you're saying they are the same person with multiple logins, the admins can tell that from the ip addresses.

In the day of dynamic ip's and various forms of ip spoofing can the admins really figure it out based on ip ?

I don't know the answer and am just asking.

In the day of dynamic ip's and various forms of ip spoofing can the admins really figure it out based on ip ?

Not to mention, one could use a work computer to sign up one account and a home computer to sign up the other - or whatever, coffee shop, IPhone, etc. Furthermore, it is only tracked during sign-up (if, in reality, at all).

Moonlight there is no reason for excuses

What also never happened last year:
We lost our starting point guard this week, top in the BT in steals. And our top recruits expected to make an immediate impact never hit the floor. Had they quietly never hit the floor that would have been better than the distraction of arrests, court appearances, depositions and youtube. That never happened last year either.

Either the team wins or it loses.

Unfortunately, the losses are mounting.

And btw - Tubby did recruit RW and TM so there is no one else to blame, if that is the course of action.

And btw - Tubby did recruit RW and TM so there is no one else to blame, if that is the course of action.

In Trevor's case, there is noone to blame yet as he is innocent until proven guilty, but for Royce, all the heat goes on Royce, not Tubby, because after all, Tubby wasn't the one that shoplifted and pushed over a security guard.

I suppose someone is critical of my posts, don't really know, not sure I really care. For the record:

I did just join, and prior was just reading (as opposed to lurking-kind of an ignorant term) the board until a little while ago. Decided to bring some clarity into a discussion about elbows after a rebound, realized how easy it was to post. But I was born and raised in Le Sueur, my father was a Green Giant man. That was long ago. Always been a diehard Gopher, Twin and Viking fan. Each team has given me tremendous high's at times, broken my heart other times.

Live in Wisconsin for the last 25 years and thus also a Wisconsin fan but Minnesota comes first. Still love Le Sueur, go back whenever I can to visit.

Yet this board, confusing. I have trouble understanding the thin skin of some posters. I like Tubby, and respect him very much. But I can still be critical of him at times, sometimes it is just venting. Can be critical of the players as well. Love the athleticism of this team and yet amazed that they are sub .500, doesn't make much sense to me.

I said in an earlier post, can't grade Tubby yet, only been playing freshman/sophomore recruits, and not his fault (in my opinion) the players in trouble.

Personally, I wouldn't waste time on this board if I wasn't a fan of Tubby and the players. But again, I can be critical as well. And possibly some of the most seemingly negative critics could be strong supporters of Tubby and the players, but just venting. Or, they just enjoy getting under the thin skinned posters that just want this place to be a harmonious "Walden's Pond". At the end of the day, it is for the most part an enjoyable board. And if I do read something that I feel is stupid or way out of line, I just move on. Life is to short to get excited about it. If you ignore it, it tends to die out itself.

Well, if you're talking about a laptop in a fixed location...or even various points using the same router, it usually keeps the same IP ongoing.

If you're talking about a clown frequenting various Caribou Coffee's...then yes, IPs will change.

Well, if you're talking about a laptop in a fixed location...or even various points using the same router, it usually keeps the same IP ongoing.

If you're talking about a clown frequenting various Caribou Coffee's...then yes, IPs will change.
But what if its a stolen laptop?
:confused:

moonlight...between you and GL, you two are gonna to drive me to drink. :)

you both make too much sense and make me think too much.

moonlight...between you and GL, you two are gonna to drive me to drink. :)

you both make too much sense and make me think too much.

I'm guessing its a pretty short drive! :D

I cannot believe this thread. I'm a new person here and it is obvious the entire lot of you just don't like new people. In a sense you are afraid to have your ideas challenged by new thoughts in here. Some new people have had good comments and others have not, but there are some old members on here who have some stupid things on here as well. I think you guys need to worry about the basketball team a little more and less about who is posting what. You can always ignore people if you are that unhappy. For some reason you think you own this chat room or something. I don't mean to throw this word around loosely but you are "racist" against the new people in this room. Why don't you gather all 10 of your elitist bigots and start a members only chat room. That way the ten of you can sit around and agree on everything Gopher hoops and eliminate all the "trolls". You would be like an Amish community on the internet. Or the Jonestown of the WWW, is probably a more accurate analogy.

If you think I'm afraid of you looking into my IP address, go ahead. It shows your paranoia and your foolishness. I've been accused of being another member, which is just ridiculous and not true. To the loonies in here, you are just showing your bigotry and paranoia. Its commical. You have nothing better to do than sit around and think about whether XYZ member is actually who he says he is. Who cares?

I welcome this debate as it is easy to argue against the loonies who are afraid of new people.

I cannot believe this thread....I don't mean to throw this word around loosely but you are "racist" against the new people in this room. Or the Jonestown of the WWW, is probably a more accurate analogy.
You "can't believe the thread," yet you come back in typical M-L style with a Jonestown reference?

Jesus. :eek:

OH!!! But you can come here and call us "loonies"?

Jesus. :horse:

Top Bottom