Tubby on Royce return: "He has a lot of work to do" before it happens

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per this tweet from Myron:

"Royce White's return? Tubby Smith says, "He has a lot of work to do" before it happens."

Go Gophers!!

Hopefully he means work to do on the court and not off of it.

That's coaches' speak. Royce will be playing in Columbus.

That would be good news. I'm pretty sure good news does not fit with this season's theme. I'll believe it when I see it. Hope you are right as this team is desperate for a shot in the arm.

That's coaches' speak. Royce will be playing in Columbus.

I thought Tubby was quoted the other day saying he didn't think, because Royce has lost so much time, that it would make sense to bring him back this year.

I guess I'm not so sure. He's very likely not going to be a four year player so why not bring him in this year.

I thought Tubby was quoted the other day saying he didn't think, because Royce has lost so much time, that it would make sense to bring him back this year.

I guess I'm not so sure. He's very likely not going to be a four year player so why not bring him in this year.

I agree. Also, with his propensity for trouble, you might as well play him now cause who knows what'll happen this summer? lol

He probably can't go 40 min a game, but he definitely come in for spells. You can't get into game shape if you don't play any games. I hope Tubby lets him play some. He can't play any worse than the rest our back benchers.

per this tweet from Myron:

"Royce White's return? Tubby Smith says, "He has a lot of work to do" before it happens."

Go Gophers!!

I've lost all faith in Tubby. What does this even mean?

again, royce holds all the cards here... REDSHIRT. let tubby squirm.
NIT?? in my dreams..
soon tubby will begin tossing players under the bus.

and to think we hung with Texas for a half last year... with the same 5 as this year.... shame!

I've lost all faith in Tubby. What does this even mean?

I don't know if we can blame the quote on Tubby. I would blame Myron for just throwing it out there and not expounding. What was the question? What else did he say? When was this said? Last week, after the game in the press conference, today - directly to Myron or all media?

I am not sure if White truly listens to Tubby. What I am sure is that Tubby must have talked to White after each incident and told him what was expected out of him in order to move forward. But, there is no evidence in his subsequent actions that White listened and truly respected Tubby's words. I hope he does right now. And, he needs to show him and us that he can move forward by not doing anything stupid for a while. That is the minimum he can do.

If Tubby has all the confidence in White with respect to personal matters, then Tubby will give him a go once he is sure that White fits into his system like playing defense or whatnot.

I personally do not think that White at this moment is the savior of our season. So, I have no problem with him not playing right now.

Top Bottom