If u dont want to read anything negative than skip this post.-Reality Check

millions2spare

Krav-Maga
Reaction score
Great effort today for 34 minutes! Intensity up! We spaced on offense. Passed the ball around, Devoe and Sampson were outstanding!! The team played solid defense and got to 60 points before MSU. Usually the first team to 60 WINS! Tubby had a great game plan! For 34 minutes we could play with any team in the country!

Then the reality of what this team is sunk in

1) We are short one superstud---- Predictably Royce White would be the Man on this team. With Mbwke and White, this team would be a top 10 team, no doubt.
So let's focus on what we do have.

2) Weakness' and players not playing up to it.

- D Johnson with ONE rebound? That is unacceptable. Blocks are nice but rebounds are often times better. Monsoon's teams led the league in blocks!

- Westbrook again fails to execute a play with 14 seconds to go Senior leadership?
Westbook is unpredictable, plays out of his mind, and has One maybe 2 good games a season.

- Iverson - Should not be on the team. Iverson cannot be counted on to give R3 a break. Big drop off when he comes into the game. How do we spell D2 ball? Again, great kid, Great Effort, I don't see the potential most of you see on this board. He has hard hands and is Slow (can't teach those attributes) and his basketball instincts are questionable. Since he is here, we are going to be forced to see what happens with him. But for those of you wondering why Ralph was winded, this is your answer. He had 7 minutes of play time! I wonder why?

- Cobbs- freshman would have and should have been redshirted had white/mbwke been here. Not his fault, he is NOT ready for prime time. Since he has play time, we will see how he plays and develops. Just don't want to ruin his confidence.

- Paul Carter-Hit or Miss player. He had a pretty good game today I AM not sure his role.

-- Hoff- 1- 3pointer, did grab some rebounds but his plus minus rating was pathetic- 6points- missed a couple open looks that would have been the difference.

--WIlliams- Like cobbs should have been red-sirted.

I am going to say that if the Gophers have any chance to make the NCAA,
Royce White should play. We have him, he is on our roster and it is like having the Ace of trump in your hand but it might be too late to play it. Like it or not folks, even if he does play there are no guarantees. Without him, I will GUARANTEE a Berth into the NIT

It was a MUST WIN. There are no consolation prizes folks, this is big time college hoops.

There are no consolation prizes folks, this is big time college hoops.
Wow. This alone is worth the price of admission. I'm sure glad you pointed it out -- it removes any question whether you're a true "desciple (sic) of Knight"

Great effort today for 34 minutes! Intensity up! We spaced on offense. Passed the ball around, Devoe and Sampson were outstanding!! The team played solid defense and got to 60 points before MSU. Usually the first team to 60 WINS! Tubby had a great game plan! For 34 minutes we could play with any team in the country!

1) We are short one superstud---- Predictably Royce White would be the Man on this team. With Mbwke and White, this team would be a top 10 team, no doubt.

- D Johnson with ONE rebound? That is unacceptable. Blocks are nice but rebounds are often times better. Monsoon's teams led the league in blocks!

- Westbrook again fails to execute a play with 14 seconds to go Senior leadership?
Westbook is unpredictable, plays out of his mind, and has One maybe 2 good games a season.

- Iverson - Should not be on the team. Iverson cannot be counted on to give R3 a break. Big drop off when he comes into the game. How do we spell D2 ball? Again, great kid, Great Effort, I don't see the potential most of you see on this board. He has hard hands and is Slow (can't teach those attributes) and his basketball instincts are questionable. Since he is here, we are going to be forced to see what happens with him. But for those of you wondering why Ralph was winded, this is your answer. He had 7 minutes of play time! I wonder why?

- Cobbs- freshman would have and should have been redshirted had white/mbwke been here. Not his fault, he is NOT ready for prime time. Since he has play time, we will see how he plays and develops. Just don't want to ruin his confidence.

- Paul Carter-Hit or Miss player. He had a pretty good game today I AM not sure his role.

-- Hoff- 1- 3pointer, did grab some rebounds but his plus minus rating was pathetic- 6points- missed a couple open looks that would have been the difference.

Royce White should play. We have him, he is on our roster and it is like having the Ace of trump in your hand but it might be too late to play it. Like it or not folks, even if he does play there are no guarantees. Without him, I will GUARANTEE a Berth into the NIT

It was a MUST WIN. There are no consolation prizes folks, this is big time college hoops.

Reality check #2.

Michigan State is undefeated in Big 10 play. Before today, their closest margin was 7 points (3 different times).

But Gophers needed to W and should have W.

Big production drop off? 2 points and 3 boards in 7 mins - Ralph had a whopping 8 points in 33 mins, 9 boards and two turnovers. He came in gave him a couple of few minute breathers, didn't hurt the team at all.

Reality check #2.

Michigan State is undefeated in Big 10 play. Before today, their closest margin was 7 points (3 different times).

This is priceless. The Gophs "only" lost by 1 and gave MSU their closest game in B10 play.

YEAH!!! That and a bus ticket will get you on a bus....

This is priceless. The Gophs "only" lost by 1 and gave MSU their closest game in B10 play.

YEAH!!! That and a bus ticket will get you on a bus....

Art, I appreciate your positivity, but come on man! You would be the guy sitting on the deck of the Titanic saying, "hey isn't that Ice beautiful"!

We lost that game, it was a worthy performance but we should have won by 10 or more but instead we lost. This team is NIT bound unless we go on a run of epic proportions. Unlikely. I'm not blaming Tubby, I think he does a fine job but the talent on this team needs a boost.

Would you please spell Trevor's name correctly? Do you just try different versions each time?

DJ could do a better job rebounding, but rebounding really wasn't a problem today.

The play was supposed to go to Sampson but it broke down. I'll live/die by Westbrook shooting our last shot. Westbrook has 1 or 2 good games a season? Unbelievable. That's on the level of your Depaul crap.

What was so bad about what Iverson did in there today? It probably would've helped us if he had gotten a few additional minutes so Sampson could rest.

Cobbs redshirting also ranks pretty highly on your idiotic posts. What does him reshirting have to do with Royce and Trevor? Outside of today, Devoe is much better at sg than pg, and Nolen and Cobbs are the only true pgs on the team.

Please stop saying this is big time college hoops. You're only embarrassing yourself.

Reality check #2.

Reality check #3

When you lose to friggin Indianna, you cant piss these games away at the end.

Would you please spell Trevor's name correctly? Do you just try different versions each time?

DJ could do a better job rebounding, but rebounding really wasn't a problem today.

The play was supposed to go to Sampson but it broke down. I'll live/die by Westbrook shooting our last shot. Westbrook has 1 or 2 good games a season? Unbelievable. That's on the level of your Depaul crap.

What was so bad about what Iverson did in there today? It probably would've helped us if he had gotten a few additional minutes so Sampson could rest.

Cobbs redshirting also ranks pretty highly on your idiotic posts. What does him reshirting have to do with Royce and Trevor? Outside of today, Devoe is much better at sg than pg, and Nolen and Cobbs are the only true pgs on the team.

Please stop saying this is big time college hoops. You're only embarrassing yourself.

Underground, If you will live and die by Westbrook taking the last shot I hope you are a cat because you will need many lives. He's obviously very inconsistent. I like Westbrook, I think he is good, but he is very unpredictable. Iverson could not be out there more then a few minutes yesterday as he would have been like a steak in a cage of great whites, torn apart. It is likely that Cobbs, Williams would have redshirted this year but could not because of Trever and Whites issues who likely will be better players in the Big House versus in the Big 10.

ps: Quit trying to tell everyone what they should say or not say in the chat room. If you had it your way you would be posting to yourself and the room would be called "Undergrounds Hole" which I don't even want to think about. Remember when Bronco was in here? He's gone now and it was for doing exactly the same type of left-wing Gestapo tactics that you are using. If you want to end up like Bronco, keep it up. I'll be watching you.....

Underground, If you will live and die by Westbrook taking the last shot I hope you are a cat because you will need many lives. He's obviously very inconsistent. I like Westbrook, I think he is good, but he is very unpredictable. Iverson could not be out there more then a few minutes yesterday as he would have been like a steak in a cage of great whites, torn apart. It is likely that Cobbs, Williams would have redshirted this year but could not because of Trever and Whites issues who likely will be better players in the Big House versus in the Big 10.

ps: Quit trying to tell everyone what they should say or not say in the chat room. If you had it your way you would be posting to yourself and the room would be called "Undergrounds Hole" which I don't even want to think about. Remember when Bronco was in here? He's gone now and it was for doing exactly the same type of left-wing Gestapo tactics that you are using. If you want to end up like Bronco, keep it up. I'll be watching you.....

Wow. This may be the strangest post I've seen on here.

another fact, the Gophers have been in 6 close games this year and have lost all 6. Proof that we are ONE great player away from having 4 more wins.

another fact, the Gophers have been in 6 close games this year and have lost all 6. Proof that we are ONE great player away from having 4 more wins.
How the heck is that a "proof"? ONE great player would automatically win us 4 out of 6 close games? What if he fouled out? What if he missed the last shot in every game?

You really make it too simple.

How the heck is that a "proof"? ONE great player would automatically win us 4 out of 6 close games? What if he fouled out? What if he missed the last shot in every game?

You really make it too simple.

Chances are that an extra 10 points per game would likely change the entire outcome of the game and we likely would not need to hit our last shots. Its easy to look and see that we need more scorers (guys who can create their own shots) and a guy like White would easily have us with a record between (20-1 to 18-3) even if he is 1/2 as good as the ESPN etc, projections make him sound.

THIS IS NOT ROCKET SCIENCE MY FRIEND. I know hoops and can tell you that all things being equal, one superstar would equate to 3-4 more wins. The Star player
takes a lot of pressure of the starters and makes our bench 2 players deeper.
Why 2 players, because Sampson and Devoe would not paly 33 and 36 minutes like yesterday. We have lost all of our close games this year- 6 - and that indicates something systematically wrong. It is either we have a poor coacg (I like Tubby a lot) or we are missing a horse. Pick your Poison.

Chances are that an extra 10 points per game would likely change the entire outcome of the game and we likely would not need to hit our last shots.

THIS IS NOT ROCKET SCIENCE MY FRIEND. I know hoops and can tell you that all things being equal, one superstar would equate to 3-4 more wins. The Star player

It's simply amazing how you "two" posters post 3 minutes apart early on a Sunday morning, saying the exact same thing.

I simply can't understand how so many GH members think you're the same person. :rolleyes:

It's simply amazing how you "two" posters post 3 minutes apart early on a Sunday morning, saying the exact same thing.

I simply can't understand how so many GH members think you're the same person. :rolleyes:

Wow! Was it a rough night for you last night? Did you forget to take the tin foil off your head so those radio waves would not program your mind? Or where their black helicopters circling your house all night keeping you awake. Stick to hoops, it is a better subject for you. I am not the same person as anyone else on here. Whatever you do, don't check my IP.

Wow! Was it a rough night for you last night? Did you forget to take the tin foil off your head so those radio waves would not program your mind? Or where their black helicopters circling your house all night keeping you awake. Stick to hoops, it is a better subject for you. I am not the same person as anyone else on here. Whatever you do, don't check my IP.
Whatever you say my friend, you're not fooling anyone here on the 'Hole.

Hey SGL:

We need Royce White to have a chance this year. I am not sure why it is soo hard for some of you guys to admit that.....amazing to me.

So anyone who posts something within minutes of each other must be the same person? Is that the logic you are going with? With that logic, you must be part of Campus Security?

Why 2 players, because Sampson and Devoe would not paly 33 and 36 minutes like yesterday. We have lost all of our close games this year- 6 - and that indicates something systematically wrong. It is either we have a poor coacg (I like Tubby a lot) or we are missing a horse. Pick your Poison.

Really? Qualifications please!

We are missing 3 horses! Bottom line..we have all our players and we win yesterday's game and likely have 2-3 losses TOPS!!

Who else should be taking our last shot if it's not Westbrook? I don't see why Iverson would've been torn up out there yesterday. Did you notice that MSU's centers did absolutely nothing yesterday? Iverson did fine in the little time he was in there. It's not likely that Cobbs and Williams would have redshirted had Trevor and Royce played. There's a chance that Williams would have since Royce can play SF, but there's no chance that Cobbs would've. The status of forwards does not affect a pg. There was never a chance of Cobbs redshirting.

I don't tell everyone what they should say. Like nearly everyone on here I disagree with a lot of stuff said and I respond to it. I mostly just strongly disagree with you (both of your accounts), Upnorth, and Art. I don't think I'm in the minority on that one. I'm pretty sure you have a much greater shot at being banned than I do.

It was a MUST WIN.[/QUOTE said:
Must win for what? I'm assuming you mean to make the tournament...There are still 11 games before the big ten tournament so technically we could still finish the regular season 23-7 (14-4). Disappointing loss definitely but its not a must win until a loss eliminates you.

Much of what you wrote makes sense, though I have a slightly more positive spin on it.

This, though, does not.

You probably did not think this after the Butler game where Colton provided good defense and ran the pick-and-roll effectively. He may not be a starter in the B10 (who knows yet? he is a gigantic sophomore and big men develop at a slower pace) but he is a great compliment to the more agile and less physical RSIII. Why Tubby refused to play him in the MSU game I don't get. Had he played more, you obviously have someone fresher at the 5 near the end of the game.

The one thing i really agree with you about is this team needs a true go-to player.

Who else should be taking our last shot if it's not Westbrook? I don't see why Iverson would've been torn up out there yesterday. Did you notice that MSU's centers did absolutely nothing yesterday? Iverson did fine in the little time he was in there. It's not likely that Cobbs and Williams would have redshirted had Trevor and Royce played. There's a chance that Williams would have since Royce can play SF, but there's no chance that Cobbs would've. The status of forwards does not affect a pg. There was never a chance of Cobbs redshirting.

I don't tell everyone what they should say. Like nearly everyone on here I disagree with a lot of stuff said and I respond to it. I mostly just strongly disagree with you (both of your accounts), Upnorth, and Art. I don't think I'm in the minority on that one. I'm pretty sure you have a much greater shot at being banned than I do.

I don't mind you disagreeing but don't tell anyone what they should say or not say. It should scare you that two people who are completely different, but challenge the status quo in this room are viewed as being the "same" person. This fact tells you how much "group think" exists in this room. Like I said, you should consider setting up your own chat room and having discussions with yourself because if you try to squelch opposing viewpoints with your Union thug tactics, that is all you will have is a bunch of people who agree with each other. It would be like the former USSR in here. While I still have some freedom, I will try to stop this via my opinions and facts and hopefully the truth will set some people in here free. Don't get yourself booted like Bronco, that was a tough time for everyone especially him.

Now to the substance, The problem with westbrook is what happened yesterday, he tried one of those off the hip shots and it stayed on his hip. You live by the fancy shot you die by the fancy shot. Bobby Jackson, Willy Burton, Voshon Leonard were legitimate go to guys, who could find openings and get off good shots. Westbrook has some of these characteristics, but he is two levels below those guys. You cannot count on 20 a night from Westbrook like you can the real stars. He is inconsistent and can have very off nights.

Plain and simple, Iverson was too slow, stone handed, and unable to rebound. I trust Tubbys judgement when he did not play him. I was nervous when Iverson was in because of the mismatch he caused. You might be right about Cobbs, I will give you that, but it is obvious Williams is not ready for this league. He is out of place and visibly so. In high school it is easy to run around, do what you want, and be the go to guy, but in the Big 10 that is not the case. Williams needs to learn.

Once again, who should have taken the shot instead of Westbrook? Why are you talking about players we don't have anymore? And again, the play wasn't executed correctly. Apparently Devoe messed up. Iverson was too slow and unable to rebound in the game? He had 3 rebounds in 7 minutes. Not too shabby. I'm just going to ignore your other ridiculous post.

Now to the substance, The problem with westbrook is what happened yesterday, he tried one of those off the hip shots and it stayed on his hip. You live by the fancy shot you die by the fancy shot. Bobby Jackson, Willy Burton, Voshon Leonard were legitimate go to guys, who could find openings and get off good shots. Westbrook has some of these characteristics, but he is two levels below those guys. You cannot count on 20 a night from Westbrook like you can the real stars. He is inconsistent and can have very off nights.

Plain and simple, Iverson was too slow, stone handed, and unable to rebound. I trust Tubbys judgement when he did not play him. I was nervous when Iverson was in because of the mismatch he caused. You might be right about Cobbs, I will give you that, but it is obvious Williams is not ready for this league. He is out of place and visibly so. In high school it is easy to run around, do what you want, and be the go to guy, but in the Big 10 that is not the case. Williams needs to learn.

Top Bottom