Blake

gopherbadgerman

Reaction score
We really could have used that open 3 look up 8 late in the game. Would have pushed us to 11, instead MSU gets a rebound and scores, making it 6. Thought he rebounded well, but we really needed that shot from him. With limited looks and the minutes he played today, we need more out of him on offense. Just a thought.

I said the same thing. That was the turning point of the game.

He had a great 1st half, made a nice pass in the post to Sampson in 2nd half, and showed a lot of leadership in regards to communicating on the floor- especially with Nolen out.

But, he missed a huge free throw, committed a weak foul and didn't seem to even try to take a charge on Lucas.

As far as offense is concerned, an open jump shot or a put back on a smart hustle play to the basket might be the extent of it. Is he fast enough to come off screens? It wasn't just him, the whole offense seemed to be standing still in the 2nd half setting us up for last second heaves at the hoop.

I felt the turning point was after Carter missed the dunk, just my opinion though.

He had a great 1st half, made a nice pass in the post to Sampson in 2nd half, and showed a lot of leadership in regards to communicating on the floor- especially with Nolen out.

He didn't have a chance at taking a charge on Lucas, he was out of position under the basket and Lucus made a nice move. The great Hoffarber pass was to Carter for a two had finish. He had a nice game for not scoring much, but another 3 ball or two would have been huge.

We really could have used that open 3 look up 8 late in the game. Would have pushed us to 11, instead MSU gets a rebound and scores, making it 6. Thought he rebounded well, but we really needed that shot from him. With limited looks and the minutes he played today, we need more out of him on offense. Just a thought.

I watched the game with a good friend who is not a Gopher fan. He made the same comment about the missed 3 to go up by 11. I screamed at the missed freethrow he had, he should be automatic at those. He did some things well, rebounding and the entry pass. He needs to make open 3's though. I like Blake's game, but his shooting has to be on for the Gophers to get the most out of him.

Blake is legendary for making the clutch plays, but he really blew it late for us. The foul on Lucas was just lazy defense. Matador defense at its finest. The missed free throw was a killer moment, and the missed three would have wrapped it up.

It would be nice if he could spread some of those threes around more instead of hitting nine one game and one the next.

Top Bottom