Knowing When to Commit a Hard Foul

Moses87

Banned
Reaction score
It occurred to me twice in this game that Tubby needs to tell his players to hammer opponents in situation's like the Lucas 1 on 1 vs Hoffarber in the 2nd half...Hoffarber basically got juked and then put a lame, half hearted hand out and got hit with a 3 point play...later, Carter was beaten to a rebound, that resulted in an easy layup when he seemed more concerned with avoiding contact...those are situations where tough teams absolutely HAMMER the opponent to the point the guy shooting the FT's is still woozy by the time he gets to the line. As it was, they got 5 easy points....I woulda much preferred seeing them shooting four free throws to get 4 points....C'mon Tubby! Coach'em up!

It occurred to me twice in this game that Tubby needs to tell his players to hammer opponents in situation's like the Lucas 1 on 1 vs Hoffarber in the 2nd half...Hoffarber basically got juked and then put a lame, half hearted hand out and got hit with a 3 point play...later, Carter was beaten to a rebound, that resulted in an easy layup when he seemed more concerned with avoiding contact...those are situations where tough teams absolutely HAMMER the opponent to the point the guy shooting the FT's is still woozy by the time he gets to the line. As it was, they got 5 easy points....I woulda much preferred seeing them shooting four free throws to get 4 points....C'mon Tubby! Coach'em up!

+1 And neither were in any sort of foul trouble - perfect cases for hard foul scenarios.

fouls on breakaways

I agree on fouling hard going for the ball and not letting our opponents keep getting a ticky tak foul and a layup. Either chose to foul them or let them go on these break aways. We keep giving the and 1's!!

The trouble with crushing the guy on a breakaway is that if you're not in a position to be going to block the shot, it's an intentional foul.

Top Bottom