Losing faith

BigGopherFan

Banned
Reaction score
Losses like this simply make my skin crawl. Minnesota is finding new ways to lose every game. I thought the Michigan State game was going to be a HUGE turning point and a must win, but leave it to Tubby's team to come up short. Can someone tell me when things are going to turn around here with our wizard Hall of Fame coach? I know people are going to be all over me for being so negative, but tell me one thing that I am supposed to be excited about with this team. Just one thing...

Losses like this simply make my skin crawl. Minnesota is finding new ways to lose every game. I thought the Michigan State game was going to be a HUGE turning point and a must win, but leave it to Tubby's team to come up short. Can someone tell me when things are going to turn around here with our wizard Hall of Fame coach? I know people are going to be all over me for being so negative, but tell me one thing that I am supposed to be excited about with this team. Just one thing...

Too many to name...I'm as frustrated as anyone but the way MSU shot the ball today they'd have been tough to beat by anyone.

The 3-pointer...the great equalizer of college basketball, and the reason why they should move the line back IMHO.

Losing faith???? The faith is gone. The last 5 minutes was a complete joke and a choke. I cannot believe they lost this game. What an awful season after I had such high hopes at its commencement.

If you want one thing to be excited about look at the fact that probably our most talented player might be playing again soon. I don't care if Tubby said he's out of shape, it doesn't take a teenage kid more than a couple weeks to get into great playing shape. Devoe and Ralph looked phenomenal at times today and are showing great promise and scoring ability. We've played a very large majority of our toughest games already and will finish strong.

If you want one thing to be excited about look at the fact that probably our most talented player might be playing again soon. I don't care if Tubby said he's out of shape, it doesn't take a teenage kid more than a couple weeks to get into great playing shape. Devoe and Ralph looked phenomenal at times today and are showing great promise and scoring ability. We've played a very large majority of our toughest games already and will finish strong.

I agree, but there just isn't many opportunities to get enough quality wins. DJ and Westbrook are gone after this season and the recruiting class for next year is typical Tubby: 3-star "good character" guys that can be "coached-up" instead of stud 4/5-star talent. Tubby didn't have trouble luring 4-star guys here in the past, what has changed? I'm so incredibly frustrated right now and I feel like it's all Tubby's fault, but I it's not. There are a number of reasons this program seems to be going in the toilet.

Um, losing faith? I was under the impression you didn't have much to begin with. After all, you also picked Butler and Ohio State to smoke us as I recall (sorry, couldn't resist). But for this year, yeah, I'll admit to losing a little faith.

No Offense, its not tubbys fault. These players just are not that great. We make too many mistakes.
-It hurts when Tubby cannot sub for Sampson because Iverson is outmatched, thus sampson is gassed
- Hoffarber cannot make his 3s
- Joseph played a good game and is an upgrade from Nolen
- Westbrook tries to do too much and is unpredictable
- Johnson for all his defensive success is small and gives you 0 offensively
- Lets just hope Tubby doesn't vacate for DePaul or some other team

I agree, but there just isn't many opportunities to get enough quality wins. DJ and Westbrook are gone after this season and the recruiting class for next year is typical Tubby: 3-star "good character" guys that can be "coached-up" instead of stud 4/5-star talent. Tubby didn't have trouble luring 4-star guys here in the past, what has changed? I'm so incredibly frustrated right now and I feel like it's all Tubby's fault, but I it's not. There are a number of reasons this program seems to be going in the toilet.

Butler is a solid win and the Ohio State win is going to keep looking better especially if they beat WVU today. Royce hasn't stepped foot on the court yet so you can go ahead and consider him an incoming 5 star recruit to replace Damion. Devoe will be an upgrade over Westbrook IMO, if not equally as good. Whether people want to believe it or not, we still have a great shot with Cory as well, especially with Devoe playing more/better. If Devoe is playing and enjoying himself and his role that only increases our chances with his brother coming to play with him. Mbakwe will also likely be back next year. Ralph keeps getting better. I really can't think of a reason to not be optimistic about the rest of this year and next.

No Offense, its not tubbys fault. These players just are not that great. We make too many mistakes.
-It hurts when Tubby cannot sub for Sampson because Iverson is outmatched, thus sampson is gassed

Why would Tubby go to DePaul? What the h3ll sense would that make?

Please don't turn this into a Tubby to DePaul thread. There's only one delusional person who thinks that's even a remote possibility, let's just leave it at that.

Why would Tubby go to DePaul? What the h3ll sense would that make?

Because he started a random rumor on this issue a few days ago. Now that we've lost to Michigan State, he'll try to make it an issue once again.

G O T R

Butler is a solid win and the Ohio State win is going to keep looking better especially if they beat WVU today. Royce hasn't stepped foot on the court yet so you can go ahead and consider him an incoming 5 star recruit to replace Damion. Devoe will be an upgrade over Westbrook IMO, if not equally as good. Whether people want to believe it or not, we still have a great shot with Cory as well, especially with Devoe playing more/better. If Devoe is playing and enjoying himself and his role that only increases our chances with his brother coming to play with him. Mbakwe will also likely be back next year. Ralph keeps getting better. I really can't think of a reason to not be optimistic about the rest of this year and next.

+1

:clap::clap::clap:

I don't think this even ranks in the top 10 of heartbreaking losses. If this causes you to lose faith, then you never have been or were a Gopher fan.

Its just sucked watching them choke that game away, Westbrook being selfish didnt help, I thought devoe took some bad shots down the stretch also. That last "play" we ran was terrible same ol dribble around till 4 secs left and throw up a prayer, I cant believe Tubby cant draw up a better play than that. But Im not abandoning ship, they can finish strong but they need to get it together asap.

I am so tired of watching our offense just pass the ball around until there are 5 seconds left on the shot clock and then toss up a desperation heave. Is this Tubby's direction? Good grief, this style of play is not even enjoyable to watch anymore.

Before the season there were very high expectations. I can't say I am losing faith but I am extremely disappointed thus far. Both the on court issues and off court issues.

I think we are seeing glimpses of why Kentucky fans got sick of Tubby. Bad offense and no adjustments to teams hitting 3 after 3 agianst his pack-it-in defense.

I don't think this even ranks in the top 10 of heartbreaking losses. If this causes you to lose faith, then you never have been or were a Gopher fan.

I guess it's a matter of degrees. For this year, I certainly have my doubts. In fact, at this point, I'm counting on the NIT. So have I lost faith in this year's prospects? Quite a bit. But overall? Not at all. I'm actually pretty happy with where we are at as a program.

And taking into account everything that has gone wrong this season (which is a lot), I was at least glad to see the guys play hard and well up until winning time. But there's the rub. They're not closing, haven't really closed all year long. Apparently, that's just the way they are. As such, I'm not expecting any miracle runs to suddenly make the NCAAs. I don't think these guys are capable of much more than they have already shown, at least for this year.

What I'm really amazed at is the people who are convinced after this loss that the team will absolutely stink for the next three years because of one loss. Folks need to get a grip.

The DePaul BS is pure hogwash. Stop it!!!

Like I said, the DePaul thing is just a rumor at this point. But that does not mean he might not entertain offers from other schools or even DePaul. I did not intend for this to turn into another discussion on the Depaul thing as I have not gained any additional information yet. I will update things if I do. Let the DePaul thing go for now as I want to discuss todays game and the season moving forward.

BGF

BGF - Please provide one link to one of your posts where you exhibited any faith.

You always seem to walk on the rainy side of the street.

My perspective is a little different than most people because I was out of state the last couple of years during the season. The last I remember of Gopher basketball was the Monson teams. I'll take this any day. No if's, and's, or but's.

Ray

My perspective is a little different than most people because I was out of state the last couple of years during the season. The last I remember of Gopher basketball was the Monson teams. I'll take this any day. No if's, and's, or but's.

+1

It would have been nice to win this game no doubt, but Michigan State in all honesty is a legit Final Four team, and there is no shame in losing to them. The way we played in the first half was encouraging it was the way we lost the game that was discouraging. Tubby though is the man and great things are in this teams future.

If you didn't want responses to your Depaul bs then you wouldn't mention it at the bottom of half of your posts.

Like I said, the DePaul thing is just a rumor at this point. But that does not mean he might not entertain offers from other schools or even DePaul. I did not intend for this to turn into another discussion on the Depaul thing as I have not gained any additional information yet. I will update things if I do. Let the DePaul thing go for now as I want to discuss todays game and the season moving forward.

Top Bottom