God, Do I Hate Wisconsin

Even Iowa hung in there with Michigan State. The rest of the season is going to be a grind, no easy or guaranteed W's.

Even Iowa hung in there with Michigan State. The rest of the season is going to be a grind, no easy or guaranteed W's.

Big Ten basketball-home of tough physical defense and not much offense

The UW-Michigan game was one of the ugliest games I have ever seen. I think at one point in the middle of the first half UW was shooting 7%. On top of UW's ineptitude, Michigan kept leaving the door open by missing TONS of easy shots close to the basket.

I've seen UW shoot much better in almost every game, so I think the offense is capable of bouncing back. But without Leuer they really are lacking an inside scorer.

As someone said before, there are no guaranteed W's in the B10. Makes for a great regular season.

What's the latest on Leuer's anticipated return? A big that can shoot opens up so much in the paint.

I have no inside information, but from what it sounds like reading the blogs and boards he could be back by the B10 tourney, maybe earlier with a soft cast on. Either way, it sounds like he'll miss most if not all of the regular season.

That's good that Michigan lost. We're fighting more with Michigan for a bid than Wisc, although it's not looking great for either of us right now.

Really ugly game for UW tonight, but they managed to fight through it and pull out a win. That would have been a loss last season. Leuer is really the only player UW has who is capable scoring in the post, so losing him has obviously had a significant, negative impact on the Badgers' offense. They are shooting a lot more 3s now, probably too many, and are going to struggle to put points on the board when they don't knock down perimeter shots.

It sounds as though Leuer will be back in time for the conference tournament. I am hopeful that he can make it back for the last few regular season games. He has developed into a very good player, one of the more complete offensive players in the conference.

As much as I hate UW, their win over Michigan was definitely a good thing for the Gophers. Going up against a BT team with a similar record and wins over UCONN and @Wisc may have been too much for what will be a shaky Gopher resume at best.

The Gophers need to follow the Badgers' lead. ... keep pluggin' along despite losing a key player. Doesn't matter how you do it, or how it looks, find a way to get it done. I keep hearing here that the Badgers have little or no talent (and that was before Leuer's injury), yet they are 2-1 since Leuer went down? I don't hear Bo making any excuses, nor his players. Play the hand you're dealt.

MISLEADING THREAD TITLE!

here i am ready to get into a little wisconsin hating and what do i find when i get here? apathy!

i hope that royce makes it back for the sconie game and drops thirty on those dirty vadgers.:cool02:

Very doubtful Luer will be back for any part of regularseason. Hopeful for Big 10, but wouldn't be surprised if we don't see him again this year.

Wisky just wins. I think lots of the hate spewed on the board here is jealousy more than anything...

That being said, not an extremely exciting brand of BB

hey bigtenchamps1899...first, I LOVE the moniker, it is awesome! second, I started this thread hoping to encourage a little hatin' and all I see is people trying to explain how its better for us if this or if that. BOO! let's rip on Bucky a little because darn it it makes us feel better, lol.

gopherbadgerman, I am not jealous of UW, I grew up in that state and have always hated the Badgers and will always hate the Badgers...no envy, just don't like 'em.

note: do I wish the Gophs were as successful as UW? absolutely....who wants to be mired in mediocrity?

Very doubtful Luer will be back for any part of regularseason. Hopeful for Big 10, but wouldn't be surprised if we don't see him again this year.

He'll be back (Leuer, that is..) ... and there's a fair chance he could make his return vs. the Gophers on 2/18. I would be very surprised if he didn't make it back by Big 10 tourney time.

Wisky just wins. I think lots of the hate spewed on the board here is jealousy more than anything...
Jealousy? Come on now friend. I start dozing off during individual Badger possessions.

Then, I'm usually rudely woken by a nasty, greasy, car-salesman with a foaming mouth, demonizing a referee on the TV.

I am very jealous of the way Wisconsin can execute in the halfcourt offense and can get points down the stretch on the road, like in the NW game.

It concerns me that the Badgers have been relying so heavily on the outside jump shot. In the three games since Leuer's injury, the Badgers have taken 146 shots, 71 of those were 3 point shots. This is a big problem if they have a poor shooting game like they did vs. Michigan.

Top Bottom