Minnesota Fan Saves the Day

GreenAndWhite

Reaction score
Last night, in section 207 of the Breslin Center, a Minnesota fan reacted quickly and administered CPR to a Spartan fan with a collapsed lung, saving his life.

Guys,

We learned this morning that Jim had a heart attack at the Minnesota game last night. His wife called this morning to tell us. He is at Sparrow Hospital and is sedated to an unconscious state and he is packed in ice to slow and rest the heart for natural repair. This will take 24 hours as I understand it. Then they will "bring him around" and try to determine if there has been any neurological damage. Last night they administered a cat scan and determined that there was no brain bleed. A catheter probe determined that he had one blocked artery serving the heart.

Interestingly, after talking to his wife I called another friend who was preparing to go Detroit Metro to catch a flight. Before leaving he tuned into the Tim Staudt Show, 730 AM, and heard a caller ask Staudt if he knew anything about the guy who suffered the heart attack at the game. Staudt did not know. According to my friend, the caller said a Minnesota fan, an ER doctor, was seated nearby and this guy jumped in and administer CPR immediately. This call created several other calls to the show saying that Jim's situation did not look good...my take is that this was sudden, not like he was feeling pain, saying "I need help."...

I just talked to my friend again...he talked with the wife and learned that a stint was put in the blockage last night and he has a partially collapsed lung. His wife was not at the game...his neighbor was with him.

http://www.spartantailgate.com/foru...ion-upgraded-livelier-than-green-seats-4.html

I wish him the best!!

Sports is not the most important thing!! Respect for life is!!

Hope the man is doing well!!

Peace!!

May God bless this man.....

and all our Spartan friends, and to the ER doc.....Ski U Mah!!

Ms. Jamiche saved a man's life about ten years ago by administering CPR. He had an MCI, she lost him once and then brought him back. She's the best there is in an emergency. She doesn't talk about it unless I bring it up. She's a Minnesotan, after all.

Bump. Just wanted to update some people on here.

First of all, Jim made a full recovery thanks to the quick thinking of that Minnesota fan and managed to fly out and see the Spartans take out the Cardinal at the Rose Bowl earlier this year. To my knowledge he did make contact with the doctor that saved his life and they exchanged gifts, including a University of Minnesota sweatshirt that Jim wore the following football season (only time I've ever seen him in something other than green and white).

However, I'm extremely sad to report that Jim passed away suddenly and unexpectedly in his sleep last night. Very sad and shocking, but I just felt it necessary to share.

Bump. Just wanted to update some people on here.

First of all, Jim made a full recovery thanks to the quick thinking of that Minnesota fan and managed to fly out and see the Spartans take out the Cardinal at the Rose Bowl earlier this year. To my knowledge he did make contact with the doctor that saved his life and they exchanged gifts, including a University of Minnesota sweatshirt that Jim wore the following football season (only time I've ever seen him in something other than green and white).

However, I'm extremely sad to report that Jim passed away suddenly and unexpectedly in his sleep last night. Very sad and shocking, but I just felt it necessary to share.

Sorry to hear this.

Very sorry for your loss, thanks for sharing.

It's great to see he made a recovery and could see the Spartans in the Rose Bowl this year.

But we are all sorry to hear of his passing today. Prayers are certainly going to his family.

This is the sweet side of the internet. Thank you for sharing, and prayers from Minnesota for his family and friends.

Sorry for the loss, but it is pretty awesome that he got another 4+ years and got to see Sparty win the Rose Bowl.

Top Bottom