parking ramp

book

Reaction score
Anyone else "enjoy" the Oak Street parking ramp wait after the game? We moved 2 car spaces in half an hour - reparked and went to eat and then came back to wait another hour or so to get out! Two employees taking our money at the exit. Normally you pay going in and get out right away! Now I know it was a 11:00 AM game but come on - U parking facilities people! - hire some people at double time and use some "brains" to figure out faster exits, etc... This was ridiculous!

I saw the same signs outside the 4th Street ramp.

Essentially, PTS is too greedy to just open the gate for half an hour after the game to get the cars out of the ramp. Gotta make sure that we squeeze every dime we can out of the unsuspecting marks...

Thankfully I gave up on the way in. Coming from St. Paul the traffic was backed up to just short of I-94. When I finally got off Huron and turned onto Fulton (?) and saw the LONG line I turned around and parked on the opposite side of street. It's one hour parking but I thought it would be worth it to pay the ticket. Had to walk a few blocks further but I was in my seat before tip and I think two cars went by before I was let into traffic on way home. And no parking ticket! I know where I will be parking for the game against tOSU.

Everyone should park in the Oak Street ramp exactly one time for a Big Ten men's hoops game. No more, no less. If you ever park after parking there for a previous game, no sympathy from me (well, maybe just a tiny bit). The U parking and transportation dept never disappoints! Maybe they should raise the monthly parking rates for faculty and staff even higher than the current out-of-this-world levels so they can afford more attendants.

Top Bottom