Not that complicated. Got beat by a better team today

Ogee Ogilthorpe

Over Macho Grande?
Reaction score
Let's face it, MSU played a virtually FLAWLESS second half. They won't play a half that well the rest of the year, if ever. 2 or 3 TO's in the second half, 21 offensive rebounds for the game, even 12-for-13 from the FT line.

The good news is, a lot of those guys are gone next year and all of ours are back (essentially). Next year, no more Suton, Walton, Ibok, and even Gray.

Plenty of stuff to work on, no doubt about it. For the life of me, I can't figure out what Izzo teaches those guys about rebounding. We just got killed on the boards today, no two ways about it. Good grief, Sampson and J Williams combined for ONE rebound in 21 minutes. Yikes...

For most of the first half, MSU had no offense other than some WIDE open 3's and put-backs. If I recall correctly, MSU had 30 at half with four 3-pointers and 13 second chance points, accounting for 25 of those 30 points.

Not a whole lot to be ashamed about other than the rebounding. MSU had one of those days...

I don't mind losing to more skilled, well-coached teams who out-play us. If we can limit our losses to only those teams that are better than us, we'll have a very nice season.

Well written.

Could not have said it any better. Sorry that the pipedream that people had of the Gophers heading straight to the top has popped. Nothing wrong with this loss as their still learning and getting better. Gophers will be in the mix, probably not til next year.

Top Bottom