today was the first day

ilovethebarn

Reaction score
where it felt like the team and Tubby gave up. Tubby sat on his hands for the last 10 minutes and you could tell all the players threw in the towel after the Mich. State 8 point run in to start the second half. I understand they were the better team but it was a little frustrating. That was the first time I have seen that happen. I am sure it won't be a common thing but it was a little frustrating.

The "deer in the headlights" metaphor might be appropriate today. We lost key veterans from last year's starting five and replaced them with newcomers. The Big Ten isn't that warm and fuzzy. It will take time.

I guess I disagree...

I didn't see either of what you two mentioned.

Shooting percentage was essentially the same, TO's were the same, FT's and fouls were essentially the same.

Bottom line, they killed us on the boards which resulted in ELEVEN more shots attempted than we did. You don't have to look a lot further to figure out what happened.

Now, were some asses dragging in the final 5-7 minutes when the outcome was becoming clear? I'm sure there was. After all, it was our first loss of the season and it was a tough, physical game.

I dont think they quit...

I think we got beat by better, bigger, stronger, quicker players and they had more of them. they got open and we didnt. they got runouts and we didnt. they got rebounds and we didnt. Tubby didnt quit, if he did he wouldnt have kept calling those timeouts at the end of the game. It isnt like he was holding Micheal Jordon on the bench. he has to play with the horses he has.

Top Bottom