Spartans-Gophers in-game thread

Yea, I would of loved to win this home opener though. Explain Illinois? they gonna win it all or what.

Would of liked to see some more inside plays..anough with the perimiter shooting..MSU is crazy defense.

Illinois has a chance but they just dont have what it looks like to me. Personally I think Mich. St. will have another big 10 champ at the end of the year. Illinois will be a force in the next couple years tho!

Big Boys

Our whole team just got a real schooling. Our Big Boys (Colt & RS) just got a real arse whooping from MS's Big Men. We were completely outmuscled, out positioned and outplayed. To compound the problem, Jonathan Williams was absolutely no help whatsoever.

Long range this won't hurt that much. I suspect that the Tubster will explain in language that is easily understood about position and blocking out. I fully expect Iverson and Sampson to learn the lesson well. I expect us to rebound nicely against Ohio State.

Finally, all that depth we've been writing about...it'll be back.

Our whole team just got a real schooling. Our Big Boys (Colt & RS) just got a real arse whooping from MS's Big Men. We were completely outmuscled, out positioned and outplayed. To compound the problem, Jonathan Williams was absolutely no help whatsoever.

Long range this won't hurt that much. I suspect that the Tubster will explain in language that is easily understood about position and blocking out. I fully expect Iverson and Sampson to learn the lesson well. I expect us to rebound nicely against Ohio State.

Finally, all that depth we've been writing about...it'll be back.

couldnt agree more!

Don't Panic!!

OK, we got beat by a better team. The sky is NOT falling! Pretty much every prediction had us losing and MSU is a top 10 team. I think this will be a good learning experience for our young team. Lots of guys played and got their feet wet in what B10 basketball is all about. Remember, we're starting two freshman big men, our starting PG is a SO and his backup is a FR.

Bottom line: Disappointed? Sure. But, we showed we can compete with one of the top B10 teams, but their superior talent and experience won out. Tubby has lots of good film to teach from. We move on to Ohio State.

Go Gophers!

Would last year's Gophers starters have matched up better with this year's Spartans? I think so...which tells me this year's starters have a lot of long range potential and we have better depth overall, but we're certainly not where we want to be yet. The Big Ten just doesn't allow freshmen to replace seniors. Tubby should have quite a team when Nolen's a senior, Iverson, Sampson, and Joseph are juniors, etc.

Add me to those who are not impressed with Westbrook.

Top Bottom