oops -- wrong forum

He wanted to recover something, some idea of himself perhaps, that had gone into loving this thread. His life had been confused and disordered since then, but if he could once return to a certain starting place and go over it all slowly, he could find out what that thing was.
-The Great Thread
-F. Scott Fitzgerald

The thread is something more than men, I tell you. It's the monster. Men made it, but they can't control it.
-The Grapes of This Thread
-John Steinbeck

"Every action of theirs, that seems to them an act of their own freewill, is in the historical sense not free at all but is bound up with the whole course of this thread and preordained from all eternity."
-War & This Thread
-Tolstoy

Scarlett: I only know that I love you.
This Thread: That's your misfortune.
-Gone with this Thread
-Margaret Mitchell

"Whatever else is unsure in this stinking dunghill of a world this thread's love is not."
-A Portrait of The Artist as a Young Thread
-James Joyce

"'Any big threads have got scandals,' he said. 'Just like every big thread has got a ghost. Why? Hell, people come and go.'"
-The Thread
-Stephen King

"It is your turn to say something now, Mr. Darcy. I talked about this thread, and you ought to make some kind of remark on the size of this thread, or the number of posts."
-Pride and This Thread
-Jane Austen

"You've got to choose between this thread and what people used to call high art."
-Brave New Thread
-Aldous Huxley

"ALL THREADS ARE EQUAL, BUT SOME ARE MORE EQUAL THAN OTHERS"
-Thread Farm
-George Orwell

"'Kill the thread! Cut his throat! Kill the thread! Bash him in!'"
-Lord of the Threads
-William Golding

"I was half in love with the thread by the time we sat down. That's the thing about threads. Every time they do something pretty, even if they're not much to look at, or even if they're sort of stupid, you fall half in love with them, and then you never know where the hell you are. Threads. Jesus Christ. They can drive you crazy. They really can."
-Thread in the Rye
-J.D. Salinger

"It takes very little to govern good threads. Very little. And bad threads cant be governed at all. Or if they could I never heard of it."
-No Country for Old Threads
-Cormac McCarthy

"So they were trying to re-invent themselves and their universe... This thread was a big help."
-Slaughterhouse-Thread
-Kurt Vonnegut

"And just let me have twenty-four hours without any damn thread to advise me what it's going to do."
-The Sound and the Thread
-William Faulkner

"It is an art form to hate this thread properly. So far I have always been a featherweight debunker of this thread; it takes too much energy and endurance to record the infinite number of ways the thread offends me."
-The Prince of Threads
-Pat Conroy

"And what we students of history always learn is that this thread is a very complicated contraption and that it is not good or bad but is good and bad and the good comes out of the bad and the bad out of the good, and the devil take the hindmost."
-All the King's Threads
-Robert Penn Warren

"A pain stabbed my heart, as it did every time I saw this thread I loved who was going the opposite direction in this too-big world."
-On the Thread
-Jack Kerouac

"Your thread is a monster; you forget - it doesn't. It simply files things away. It keeps things for you, or hides things from you - and summons them to your recall with will of its own. You think you have a thread; but it has you!"
-A Prayer for This Thread
-John Irving

“[…] have you ever noticed that there are threads who do things which are most indelicate, and yet at the same time—beautiful?"
-A Thread with a View
-E.M. Forster

"What traitors threads can be! You think they're backing you up, and they turn on you. Others can use them, too, and there you are, lost in the middle of the moor, in a great welter of nouns and verbs and adjectives."
-Thread 451
-Ray Bradbury

coolhandgopher....threads to ya on that series of posts. :clap: :clap: :clap: (And I am not giving you the clap, but I will give you a standing ovulation.) :rockon:

Great page, coolhand. Really enjoyed it.

I was surprised not to see one of my favorites in it though. From your reading list and monicker, I'm guessing it's one of yours also.

"That's some thread, that thread-22, he observed.
"It's the best there is," Doc Daneeka agreed.

Thread-22
Joseph Heller

According to the movie "Cool Hand Thread"...""What we have here is a failure to communicate.""

This thread is now demanding dollar tips for all the up and down bumps it does.

Does this thread like Gladiator movies?

This thread wonders what your dirt is doing in Boss Keane's ditch

Top Bottom