Illinois @ Purdue going down to the wire

grunkiejr

Mentor to 007
Reaction score
Illinois 50
Purdue 51

3:30 minutes to play.

ESPN 2.

Great Big Ten game..typical low scoring tough game. Ill looks really good for playing on the road at Purdue.

What a great game so far...Purdue down 1 with 38 secs left in overtime...

We aren't playing well at all. Illinios was a much better team last year than there record showed. Overall Purdue will look back on the Big 10 season and this loss will haunt them. It could easily cost them the Big 10 title and a 3 seed.

Get used to it

The Illinois-Purdue game was a perfect start to the Big 10 season; we can expect that all season long. I'm not sure there's a single team that can run away with the regular-season title. Watching a game with the team I picked to win the championship (Purdue) vs. a team I picked to finish 7th & on the bubble (Illinois) and really, I didn't see a whole lot of difference between the two squads. Great win for the Illini. They've already got a leg up on the rest of the league with a quality road win.

Yes

The Big Ten is back.
Agreed Selection. I was surprised to see Illinois look so strong. It is going to be a fun year, without gimme wins.

Agreed Moonlight. Very little in the way of gimmes' this season. If you're a Big 10 team and you want to avoid the bubble on March 15th, the games you absolutely can't afford to lose are vs. Indiana, Iowa & Northwestern (home or road) and Penn State (on your home court). ... and I don't think Iowa, NW & Penn State will be softies by any stretch. Certainly in the Gophers' case, those are the 6 games they have to get, maybe afford one slip-up.

Gotta' get 'em. ...

at Iowa (Jan. 8)
Penn State (Jan. 11)
at Northwestern (Jan. 18)
at Indiana (Jan. 25)
Indiana (Feb. 10)
Northwestern (Feb. 22)

Top Bottom