Better shooter -- McCamey (Ill) or Blake ??

freshtrout

Reaction score
They average about the same pts/game, Blake is at about 45% from 3 pt land, McCamey is at 33%... so my vote at this point in time is Blake. Good opening game tonight with Ill vs Purdue on ESPN 2.

I don't think this is a real good comparison, as the two are very different players. Hoffarber is a SG, while McCamey is a PG, albeit a scoring PG. I'd be surprised if anyone considered McCamey a better shooter. That said, McCamey is a more talented player, but he does not always play hard.

Good points, I was just comparing their shooting stroke.. McCamey IMO is one of another of Ill's great shooting guards, so far.

No question on their stroke; Hoffarber has him by a long shot. Hoff is just a pure shooter...and McCamey is only 33% from 3. The best shooters shoot at least 40%.

That's my thinking as well SGL...but McCamey just seems to have the knack to throw up a bunch of buckets .. at least that's my take early in the season. Blake is more consistent, I agree.

McCamey had an interesting end to tonight's game...

With the game on the line, McCamey (an 89% FT shooter apparently) bricked the front end of a 1-and-1 and came down a few moments later and bricked two more. As many as four FT's that could have all but put the game out of reach.

THEN, he makes four in a row in the closing seconds to help seal the deal.

Nothing like making it interesting....

Ogee

Thanks again for the ticket out in Glendale. Great win, fun time.

Top Bottom