#1 on Henderson's list...IOWA?

achiever

nihilist
Reaction score
According to this bit of fourth hand information.

Somebody reassure me that this is classic Iowa delusion.

Economics Teacher: Bueller? Bueller? Bueller?
Simone: Um, he's sick. My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who saw Ferris pass out at 31 Flavors last night. I guess it's pretty serious.
Economics Teacher: Thank you, Simone
Simone: No problem whatsoever.

It's been a good day for rumors.

well they won't be after GT piss pounds them on national TV.

I'm not surprised that Iowa is a late entry into the mix for Henderson. Eubanks and Binns are both down there. John Alt was an assistant coach at CD-H the past couple of years. Ferentz is a proven O-line guy with a good record of getting guys into the pros. Enough factors to at least put Iowa on the map.

I don't know if that makes a difference in the end, but it's enough to provide some buzz.

I am not a recruiting geek. Other than the Gophers, I could care less where Henderson lands other than the Hogeyes. We need to stop the MN/CDH to Iowa connection with three MN kids now as starters. When is the last time the Gophers had an impact player from Iowa? Leverenz maybe?

I am not a recruiting geek. Other than the Gophers, I could care less where Henderson lands other than the Hogeyes. We need to stop the MN/CDH to Iowa connection with three MN kids now as starters. When is the last time the Gophers had an impact player from Iowa? Leverenz maybe?

Good luck with that.

I would be very surprised if Henderson went to Iowa. He has attended most of our games, has friends on the team, and has friends that have commited to us. I can't picture him wanting to play on the opposite side of the rivalry. Plus, if he is good enough, he will go to the NFl no matter what school he goes to.

Piss pounded by GT? Only the Gophers get piss pounded in bowl games. Iowa's track record, with the exception of 2003, is very good in bowl games. It is always close.

Piss pounded by GT? Only the Gophers get piss pounded in bowl games. Iowa's track record, with the exception of 2003, is very good in bowl games. It is always close.

yes, but that was the definition of a piss pounding. Hey, Mittens22. USC just scored again.

Please refresh my memory, when is the last time that Iowa was in a bowl game of this prestige level?

Please refresh my memory, when is the last time that Iowa was in a bowl game of this prestige level?

Iowa Bowl games in the 2000s:

December 29, 2001 Alamo Bowl W Texas Tech 19 16
January 2, 2003 Orange Bowl L Southern California 17 38
January 1, 2004 Outback Bowl W Florida 37 17
January 1, 2005 Capital One Bowl W LSU 30 25
January 2, 2006 Outback Bowl L Florida 24 31
December 29, 2006 Alamo Bowl L Texas 24 26
January 1, 2009 Outback Bowl W South Carolina 31 10

Not a bad decade.

Iowa Bowl games in the 2000s:

December 29, 2001 Alamo Bowl W Texas Tech 19 16
January 2, 2003 Orange Bowl L Southern California 17 38
January 1, 2004 Outback Bowl W Florida 37 17
January 1, 2005 Capital One Bowl W LSU 30 25
January 2, 2006 Outback Bowl L Florida 24 31
December 29, 2006 Alamo Bowl L Texas 24 26
January 1, 2009 Outback Bowl W South Carolina 31 10

Not a bad decade.

Interesting- the unstoppable Iowa dynasty was 4-3 in the decade? Minnesota was 3-4 and, like Iowa, was only blown out in one of those losses (2008 insight).

grunkiejr, don't try to talk about a team scoring again on Iowa, see Iowa 2008-09, Kansas last year, Texas Tech in the Insight Bowl, should I go on?

Let's not pretend Iowa is OSU. Iowa is second tier Big Ten, and we're third. Our odds of getting to your level are way higher than your odds of palying at the level of your delusions.

Interesting- the unstoppable Iowa dynasty was 4-3 in the decade? Minnesota was 3-4 and, like Iowa, was only blown out in one of those losses (2008 insight).

No offense, but what teams did the Gophers play to get that 3-4 record? Look at the teams Iowa played.

Let's not pretend Iowa is OSU. Iowa is second tier Big Ten, and we're third.

Big Ten records since 2002:

1. 54-10 Ohio State (6 Big Ten titles, 7 BCS bowl games)
2. 42-22 Iowa (2 Big Ten titles, 2 BCS bowl games)
3. 41-23 Michigan (2 Big Ten titles, 3 BCS bowl games)
4. 37-27 Wisconsin (0 Big Ten titles, 0 BCS bowl games)
5. 36-28 Penn State (2 Big Ten titles, 2 BCS bowl games)
6. 31-33 Purdue
7. 30-34 Northwestern
8. 27-37 Michigan State
9. 24-40 Minnesota
10. 17-47 Illinois
11. 12-52 Indiana

Yeah, but c'mon. Seriously, they were in upper tier, January bowl games, including now two BCS bowl games, playing the likes of USC, Florida (2X), LSU, and Texas (all of those clubs had won national titles within a year of playing Iowa). We were in bottom tier bowl games in December. And, yet, we were still a game worse playing worse competition.

Must we always take the bait of these iowa/wisky/dakota state/montana/etc trolls?

I try not to be a troll most of the time. I'd like to think I'm much more rationale then most opposing fans and I like talking football with you guys. I guess when you try to say Iowa is going to gt piss pounded it eats at me.

I try not to be a troll most of the time. I'd like to think I'm much more rationale then most opposing fans and I like talking football with you guys. I guess when you try to say Iowa is going to gt piss pounded it eats at me.

Hard to say this but I have confidence in Captain Kirk and that you guys will do well. Your defense is strong enough to keep you in about any game. Kind of throwing up a bit as I say this.

Hard to say this but I have confidence in Captain Kirk and that you guys will do well. Your defense is strong enough to keep you in about any game. Kind of throwing up a bit as I say this.

You don't have to say nice things about Iowa or Wisconsin even if they are true. We're absolved of such things by virtue of geography.

You don't have to say nice things about Iowa or Wisconsin even if they are true. We're absolved of such things by virtue of geography.

That's the best thing I have heard all day. Iowa sucks and so does Becky.... ahhhh. All better.

The Iowa boards have 2 topics right now:

1) Mad Brewster is leaving (as it's an easy win while he's here).

2) Happy Brewster is leaving (as that's one less team in competition for Henderson).

Top Bottom