Gophers fall at Wisconsin 62-52

heymyfav

Reaction score
Gophers dropped their Big 10 opener to no other than Lisa Stone and the Badgers, 62-52. They had an 18-0 run in the first half to go up 18-5, but it went downhill after that.

Fox was 1-14 shooting, Ohm 1-7. Team missed a slew of layups too.

Ellis-Milan led the team with 13 points, 8 rebounds. McCoy had 9 points.

Cretin grad Alyssa Karel led the Badgers with 19.

I thought when you're Gopher's came back and did as they pleased in the first half this game was going to be over in the first half. You all made it look easy in the first 10 mins' but than my Badger's said enough was enough and took over the game.

Fox had one of those night were she got good looks but just could not hit anything.

Gopher's had many fans here last night and were very loud in the first 10 min's, but than just sit on their hands rest for the game shaking their heads with every miss shot.

This was a good win for the Badgers , very happy its the only time we will have to play this yar.

Wisky has one of the least athletic rosters I've seen lately from a major university. The Gophers, faster and quicker, lack coaching. The decline from the McCarville and Waylen days is obvious and sad. Why did we fritter away that natoinal prominence?

If you silly little Gophers are so much better than my lowly UW than please explain why UW hold the edge in the all time series with you.

If you silly little Gophers are so much better than my lowly UW than please explain why UW hold the edge in the all time series with you.

Definitely Littlejohn years and the edge is only 31-29.

In a way the Badgers can be credited with bringing Minnesota back from the dead. One of the first big wins a Whalen team had was at then #7 Wisconsin 92-85 in 2002.

Top Bottom