brewster was on the sid hartmann show

Goldteam

Banned
Reaction score
this morning and talking gopher football and was talking about the bowl game

recruiting was brought up by sid and brewster then gave the standard lines about recruiting going very well

but then he said something i thought was interesting..........he said we will probably have two more commitments in the next week or so

Brew knows something we don't. I believe these will be big-name recruits, not just roster fillers. I just don't know who, but my heart says Brent M. is one of them.

You think the 2 commitments he is talking about will happen at the all-star games? That would be really good news.

I don't think it is that interesting, with the all star games coming up the high profile guys will either verbal to us or somewhere else and we have seen Brewster act very quickly when he misses on plan A.

Who is Brent M.??

Brew knows something we don't. I believe these will be big-name recruits, not just roster fillers. I just don't know who, but my heart says Brent M. is one of them.

Is he a former PG for Mpls. North? Is his kid a Gopher recruit?

According to DL-65's post in another thread, updated, these are the potential commits:
WR:
4-Star: Bryce McNeal
4-Star: Dwayne Difton
3-Star: Kris Lott
3-Star: Ja-Mes Logan

DL:
3-Star: Nosa Eguae
3-Star: Delano Johnson (JC)

CB:
4-Star: Michael Carter
4-Star: Taikwon Paige (JC)
2-Star: Taj Johnson
Carter and McNeal will announce at the upcoming All-Star games. I'm not sure we'll get either of them, nor that Brewster was referring to either of them. I also think that until they commit anywhere, Brewster won't be taking his "second choice".

That said, Taikwon Paige could be one. He recently visited, it was his only "official", and he really enjoyed it.

Eguae has committed elsewhere, but has since taken a visit here. He's always a possibility as well.

Difton, Lott, Logan, and both Johnsons have not taken official visits to Minnesota.

The Gophers have no official visits scheduled with any players as of now.

Draw your own conclusions.

both of em

Its Carter and Mcneal or perhaps better (wingo, richardson). Brew loves drama and you know he has aces up his sleeves. He is not talking up 2nd choice recruits on the radio.

ITS GOING TO BE...

It has no chance of being Wingo, Richardson. It will be Taikwon Paige and Nosa Eguae in the next week. With a slight chance of McNeal and/or Carter shortly after.

We really could use the commit of Eguae at DE 6-3 240 and a 4.90 forty offers currently from 6 big time schools

Its Carter and Mcneal or perhaps better (wingo, richardson). Brew loves drama and you know he has aces up his sleeves. He is not talking up 2nd choice recruits on the radio.

Richardson "re-committed" to Mizzou. Wingo is a fantasy dream.

I don't think we will get Carter or McNeal. I still think we will have a good class without them if we get Paige. I just think its funny that people keep name dropping Wingo when we aren't even close to having Carter and McNeal locked up.

these are high school kids and the "commitment" means nothing until the ink hits the paper. Brew does not need to get a kid on campus to land him and He can land someone who is not on any of our radars.

I like our class already, even without Carter and McNeal. Personally, I fully expect McNeal to go somewhere else. Carter I have no idea about. There was a rumor that he gave a "silent" verbal to Florida, but things like this are impossible to confirm due to their "silent" nature.

I'm thinking one will be Paige. As to the other? I have no idea. Maybe Equae, maybe not. Either way, if we can get a few more high fringe 3-stars (we have a pile of them already this year), that would be fine in my opinion.

I like our class already, even without Carter and McNeal. Personally, I fully expect McNeal to go somewhere else. Carter I have no idea about. There was a rumor that he gave a "silent" verbal to Florida, but things like this are impossible to confirm due to their "silent" nature.

I'm thinking one will be Paige. As to the other? I have no idea. Maybe Equae, maybe not. Either way, if we can get a few more high fringe 3-stars (we have a pile of them already this year), that would be fine in my opinion.

Carter is down to Minnesota and West Virginia as his final two. The silent verbal was just a rumor.

Grunkie,

Yeah, just saw the story on rivals. He's apparently already made up his mind but will wait to announce during the game. I guess that mean's its a 50-50 proposition for those of us who await the final word :p

Grunkie,

Yeah, just saw the story on rivals. He's apparently already made up his mind but will wait to announce during the game. I guess that mean's its a 50-50 proposition for those of us who await the final word :p

I was really worried about Florida. Between the tradition, playing in the championship, Urban Meyer's recruiting prowess, and it being the local school I wasn't optimistic about our chances unless it came down to playing time. However, I do like our chances against West Virginia. He has former teammates at WVU which could come in to play but outside of that I think everything favors us (coaching, Big Ten > Big East, Tyrone's legacy, etc). I will watch that game anxiously awaiting his decision because we really need a shut down corner.

I agree on originally being worried about Florida. I thought for sure they would be a big challenger for his services. It is interesting that he's down to Minnesota and West Virginia and left out Florida.

But I'm not going to dwell on that part of the story. Suffice it to say I do like our chances as well !!! :)

As for McNeal?? Well, that's a different story. (Although I certainly would be happy if by some sort of miracle he picks the Gophers)....

It has no chance of being Wingo, Richardson. It will be Taikwon Paige and Nosa Eguae in the next week. With a slight chance of McNeal and/or Carter shortly after.

We really could use the commit of Eguae at DE 6-3 240 and a 4.90 forty offers currently from 6 big time schools

Carter & McNeal are announcing at the Army AA game so if they commit it would be within the week from Sunday.

My gut tells me we get Carter and McNeal goes to Oregon. If I'm right Carter is the first commitment.

I would handicap Taikwon Paige as most likely to be the other commitment that Brewster referenced. After Paige, Eguae is the next most likely but he is considering taking more official visits so he seems less likely to decommit from Colorado and commit to Minnesota within the week.

Top Bottom