It takes an "old timer" like me to

Rog

Reaction score
Think of something like this so -

What will the stadium be called once the 25 year TCF name expires?

I suppose the "U" could resell the name to the highest bidder but even tho I will not be around I would like it to be called "Bierman Field"

If Brewster creates a dynasty then it could be called "Brewster Field" howeve it would take much to exceed Bierman's record.

The other two main athletic buildings, hockey and basketball have previous names of great coaches intheir respective sports so it would only be appropriate for football also.

Thoughts?

Rog, I'm With You . . .

I'd like to see it named after Bernie Bierman, too. Five National Championship teams in eight years, Hall of Fame inductee, and his influence on players that became successful coaches and their proteges that were innovators is legendary. (An impressive coaching tree!) Because of his coaching, the 1930s and early 40s was the Golden Age of Gopher football.

I've often thought it would be nice to name the outside areas of the new stadium after former coaches and players as well. (Warmath plaza, Nagurski Plaza, etc.)

There's an outside chance I'll still be around in 25 years, since I'm 62 yoa, until then, however, I'd settle for another Big 10 title and a date in the Rose Bowl.

Go Gophers!!

I suppose the "U" could resell the name to the highest bidder but even tho I will not be around I would like it to be called "Bierman Field"

If Brewster creates a dynasty then it could be called "Brewster Field" howeve it would take much to exceed Bierman's record.

The other two main athletic buildings, hockey and basketball have previous names of great coaches intheir respective sports so it would only be appropriate for football also.

Thoughts?

i would be happy with bierman field/stadium or memorial stadium

Rog, right on except one minor detail...

Dr. Henry Williams, of Williams Arena fame, was a football coach, not basketball.

Memorial Stadium or Bierman Stadium

Thoughts?
Being a Navy Veteran, I would prefer Memorial Stadium. Failing that, Bierman Stadium.

There still isn't anything named for the last coach to win a national & Big Ten title - Murray Warmath.

Top Bottom