Air Force/Minnesota game.

gophersfan

Reaction score
looking ahead to 2009, our first game ever in TCF stadium vs Air Force. so will this game make it to primetime on espn or abc, or will we get stuck with it on the BTN.

i am hoping we be on abc or espn for this game. go Gophers beat Kansas on Dec 31st.

If this game doesn't make it on ESPN or the related channels, I think there is a good chance the Cal game will be. Especially if we are ranked.

If this game doesn't make it on ESPN or the related channels, I think there is a good chance the Cal game will be. Especially if we are ranked.

The Gophers get to select the time for it because it is non-conference. My guess is that Air Force will be scheduled at 2:30 and carried on BTN because it isn't big enough for a national audience. Cal and Minnesota are both predicted to be preseason top 20 so that will likely be a night game carried on ABC/ESPN. I wouldn't be surprised if the next home game, Wisconsin, is the 2:30 Big Ten game carried on ABC because it is likely to be the only rivalry game in week 5 of the season.

I'm willing to bet the mortgage that the Air Force game will NOT be in prime time due to little scraps in Columbus, Athens, and either Knoxville or Eugene (if Purdue is any good).

I'd also be willing to bet that GameDay will come up here for either Cal or Wisconsin (Cal because it's two ranked teams, Wisconsin because of the league opener/oldest rivalry/no other good games that week). I'm only saying this part because of the new stadium.

Honestly, I thought the networks (ESPN, BTN and even ABC) gave some pretty good exposure to the Gophers this last year (though obviously one or two games were because of opponents). I expect fair treatment regardless next year.

I think it's a little premature to think they'll be ranked to start next season. Some schmoe's blog isn't exactly a good indicator of the pre-season polls. It's almost as delusional as Notre Dame fans who think beating Hawaii gets them a top 20 ranking next season....

I think it's a little premature to think they'll be ranked to start next season. Some schmoe's blog isn't exactly a good indicator of the pre-season polls. It's almost as delusional as Notre Dame fans who think beating Hawaii gets them a top 20 ranking next season....

Have to get a glimpse of how the restructured offense will do in the Insight Bowl first, but it would not surprise me if they are at least in the top 30!

Notre Dame will be ranked in the top 20 preseason next year and we will be a top 30 - maybe top 25 team dependent on how we play in Insight Bowl...no mushrooms required to see this happen.

Preseason is based on returning starters, recruiting, coaching and trends...all of these things support both a ranking of ND in the top 20 and the Gophers in the top 30. IMO.

I think the Badger game could easily be College Game Day for that week. I think Cal could be on ESPN, but the Air Force game will most likely be on BTN.

I'm not a fan of the prime time games. I like the idea of fall Saturday afternoons outdoors, with the 2:30 games finishing in twilight/dark.....Night games can be fun, but I guess I'm a traditionalist.

The Gophers get to select the time for it because it is non-conference. My guess is that Air Force will be scheduled at 2:30 and carried on BTN because it isn't big enough for a national audience. Cal and Minnesota are both predicted to be preseason top 20 so that will likely be a night game carried on ABC/ESPN. I wouldn't be surprised if the next home game, Wisconsin, is the 2:30 Big Ten game carried on ABC because it is likely to be the only rivalry game in week 5 of the season.

The BTN can't carry games at 2:30 because that's ABC/ESPN/ESPN2's exclusive window. Minnesota can not set game times for non-conference games....that's still the Big Ten and its television partners' call.

I'm not a fan of the prime time games. I like the idea of fall Saturday afternoons outdoors, with the 2:30 games finishing in twilight/dark.....Night games can be fun, but I guess I'm a traditionalist.

+1

The BTN can't carry games at 2:30 because that's ABC/ESPN/ESPN2's exclusive window. Minnesota can not set game times for non-conference games....that's still the Big Ten and its television partners' call.

Can Minnesota make out it's own starting line-up?

I'm starting to wonder more and more about this BTN arrangement.

The U should get the 148th to do a flyover from Duluth for that first game, now we could have things like that!

Notre Dame will be ranked in the top 20 preseason next year and we will be a top 30 - maybe top 25 team dependent on how we play in Insight Bowl...no mushrooms required to see this happen.

Preseason is based on returning starters, recruiting, coaching and trends...all of these things support both a ranking of ND in the top 20 and the Gophers in the top 30. IMO.

Well, based on your logic, it doesn't matter how they do in the Insight Bowl then. The same players and coaches will be returning regardless of how they do vs. Kansas....

my USAF people...

It will get good tv coverage and will feature a high profile fly over.

Top Bottom