McNeal's Top 3?

What Up Guy

Reaction score
What is McNeal's top 3? Do we know? Rivals has him interested in about 8 schools and offers to all of them. And while we are at it, who are the top schools for Carter?

Who knows. Go to rivals.com and there will likely be some sort of list.

For some reason, its important for them to make their choice on national TV. Big deal. What does that tell you?

I think that Carter has said that his top 3 are Minnesota, West Virginia and Florida. As for McNeal, who knows, hopefully it includes Minnesota.

For some reason, its important for them to make their choice on national TV. Big deal. What does that tell you?

I have no problem with a kid waiting to announce their commitment on national TV (other than the fact that I have to wait to find out).

Although it sounds like Bayfield may be saying that it implies that the kid is selfish (which may or may not be true), both the player and the school they choose benefit from the national exposure. In fact, I think that the school stands to benefit more, and it's possible that coaches ask kids to wait to announce for that very reason.

I look at the MarQueis Gray announcement at the Army A-A game last year as a prime example. It was a marquis signing for Brew's class, and helped to augment the national buzz the Gophers class was already getting. Also, he played nearly as well as Pryor in that game, and had some memorable highlight reel type plays. It's safe to assume that many recruits around the country were watching that game, and having a guy of Gray's caliber (based on his HS performance) commit while they're watching adds some credibility to the program.

Imagine for just a moment that we get a late X-mas gift and both McNeal and Carter announce that they're committing to Minnesota at the Army game. Now, add in a Chanukah gift and add Ronnie Wingo as a third guy to commit at the same game. (I know it's 99.9% that this won't happen, but I'm using a bit of exaggeration to make a point)

That would likley vault this class into the top 15 nationally, and it would make for great PR material for Brew & Co to use as they recruit in the future. It would also definitely energize the fan base (especially those of us here on GH), which only helps the program build momentum to continue recruiting even better players.

McNeal's top 3

McNeal has never publicly named a top 3 but he took 5 official visits:

Clemson, Colorado, Minnesota, Oklahoma, Oregon

The consensus has knocked Colorado out of the running. People in Minnesota believe Oklahoma is the other one out of the running, and people in Oklahoma don't think they are going after him very hard. However, Clemson and Oregon seem to think that it is down to those 2 and Oklahoma. My guess is they are just looking at program prestige but you never know for sure.

Likely top 3:
Clemson, Minnesota, and Oregon

Bryce has been all over the place in terms of what he is thinking and where he was going to take visits (he once considered Kentucky of all places) so nobody is really sure how to read him. I honestly think he is just confused and we'll have to wait until Jan. 3 to find out.

Top Bottom