No Fleck Interview today (Sunday, Jan 6)

short ornery norwegian

Reaction score
No PJ Fleck Interview today on the Sports Huddle on WCCO radio.

Dave Mona opened the show with a list of guests.

He said "PJ texted me about 5 minutes ago to say he had a conflict." If Mona knew the nature of the conflict, he did not say.

So, another Fleckless Sunday.

Enjoy your day. I plan some N & N today. That stands for Napping and Netflix.

I was bored with it. I guessed the outcome within 10 minutes and the rest was a slow process to get to the inevitable outcome. I ended up fast forwarding out of boredom.

Yeah, I didn't love it. I found myself pretty bored.

Not to be THAT guy, but the outcome of the book was much better (IMO). If you're bored, check it out, I'd guess you would probably like that ending a bit more.

Hopefully it is 'cruitin' related.

Thanks for being on duty Son should Fleck been available. Enjoy your N & N. Not sure about Birdbox though. Trailer doesn't look appealing to me.

Birdbox?
Come on mods. Please remove any posts that aren’t about PJ’s weekly interview.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: Birdbox. I'm getting tired of post-apocalyptic thrillers. On the other hand, I finally got around to watching "Lincoln" the other night. Excellent movie - great performance by Daniel Day-Lewis, and they managed to make the passage of the 13th amendment play like a political thriller.

Back to Gophers - Coyle was on the Sports Huddle later in the show. they asked him about attendance at football and men's hockey. He said they are looking at different options. no specifics. But he did go on about how important the B1G Network is to their overall budget. BTW, the athletic budget at the U of MN is $121 million. Which Coyle noted is (I think) 8th in the conference, if I remember. Typical Coyle interview. They did not ask him any difficult questions, and most of his answers were generic platitudes.

Saw "The Road Warrior" at a Tuesday afternoon matinee when it came out. Had no idea what I was going to see. It was the first and best of them all...

Lincoln is a high quality production. Great choice.

Thanks for the Athletic Director's report. If anything he's got a low impact rowing style...great for an Atlantic crossing or similar...

Last edited:

I'm a Denzel Washington and Gary Oldman fan, so Book of Eli was a favorite. Also I'm big on echo location, which probably plays a part in my liking it.

Thanks for always doing this. You're so dependable that I tend to forget what a chore it has to be at times. Appreciate it.

Birdbox?
Come on mods. Please remove any posts that aren’t about PJ’s weekly interview.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you think this thread is bad, go to Kristian William's thread and take a peek. Thanks for your good works Son!

I liked Lincoln.
I saw Mary Queen of Scots on Friday. If you want accurate history, don't bother. The writers "royally" f&cked it up. [emoji6][emoji8]

AFCA Convention started today I would bet that that was the conflict.

Can Fleck take trying to talk to Sid every single week?

I liked Lincoln.
I saw Mary Queen of Scots on Friday. If you want accurate history, don't bother. The writers "royally" f&cked it up. [emoji6][emoji8]

Took Mrs. Billd to see "The Favourite." Also mangled the history but there's a great set of "17th Century women shooting guns scenes" that are pretty cool.

Also enjoyed Kevin Costner in the 1990s films "The Postman" and "Waterworld"...the former had a cameo by Tom Petty and the latter had Dennis Hopper as the bad guy (also a favorite actor).

Took Mrs. Billd to see "The Favourite." Also mangled the history but there's a great set of "17th Century women shooting guns scenes" that are pretty cool.

Also enjoyed Kevin Costner in the 1990s films "The Postman" and "Waterworld"...the former had a cameo by Tom Petty and the latter had Dennis Hopper as the bad guy (also a favorite actor).

Looks like Gopher Holers were spending the day with their spouses!

Can Fleck take trying to talk to Sid every single week?

I don't know how Dave Mona and Mike Max stand it anymore. Last week was just brutal. Every time Mona asked Sid a question, or tried to involve him in the discussion, it was clear Sid could not hear was was being said, and had no idea what was being discussed or who they were talking to. I forget who was being interviewed, but after the guest answered several questions from Mona and Max, Sid broke in, and asked one of the same questions that had just been answered. I respect what Sid has done in his career, but they have to get him off the air. It's going from embarrassing to downright ugly.

Top Bottom