Allie Arneson - SS
Sydney Smith - P
Taylor Chell - OF

Incoming:

Kianna Jones - P
Olivia Peterson - C/UT
Sydney Strelow - IF
Delanie Cox - ???

Ellee effectively incoming too. Hopefully Kianna is solid and/or we get a transfer, big gap between Sydney and the #2 options that the other teams in WS had

That No. 2 starter is the biggest hole for the team next year. Fill that need and they'll be locked in and ready to go.

Jones is interesting and there were several big-time programs that she was getting looks from. If she turns out to be No. 2, that'd be fantastic. Regardless, finding that second option is paramount.

Figure the lineup is going to be pretty darn good again, especially with Jensen coming back into the fold.

And, of course, we still have Amber for another year. :clap:

Help wanted:

WCWS caliber team with returning ace and core batting lineup looking for elite help to get them back to the WCWS - final four or better. Elite pitching preferred. Highly developed batting skills also desired. Must enjoy hard work and traveling to multiple vacation spots in late winter.

Gophers are going back to the St. Pete/Clearwater Elite Invitational in 2020 (Feb 13-16). Article says games against ACC teams will be included in the ACC/Big Ten Challenge. Would guess then two of the opponents will be Florida State & Virginia Tech.

Field: Alabama, Florida State, Georgia, James Madison, Kansas, Liberty, Minnesota, Missouri, Oklahoma State, South Carolina, South Florida, Texas Tech, UCLA, Virginia Tech, Washington & either Michigan or Northwestern will be announced as the final team after the WCWS.

https://www.stpeteclearwatereliteinvite.com/fourteen-of-16-team-field-revealed-for-2020-tournament/

Coyle needs to work hard with the Vikings to figure out a way to host a field of solid teams for a non conference invitational at US Bank

If there going to set it up for baseball, high school and college. No reason not to take a two to three week stretch and make it available for softball

Coyle needs to work hard with the Vikings to figure out a way to host a field of solid teams for a non conference invitational at US Bank

I suggested this to Gopher Softball a few months ago by email. The response was that transitioning the field from baseball to softball was a major barrier. Surely if the U Athletic Dept. was willing to pay the right amount of money........?

I suggested this to Gopher Softball a few months ago by email. The response was that transitioning the field from baseball to softball was a major barrier. Surely if the U Athletic Dept. was willing to pay the right amount of money........?

They should put up money to clear some room in CF and RF with the scoreboard and other crap to get some permanent seating in. If there's a waiting list for season tickets and there's open land then they're losing money and more home field advantage and TV drawing potential

They should put up money to clear some room in CF and RF with the scoreboard and other crap to get some permanent seating in. If there's a waiting list for season tickets and there's open land then they're losing money and more home field advantage and TV drawing potential
I agree, but they could do a lot with the current infield bleacher areas now too. There's tons of extra space and the current setup isn't fan friendly. Whoever set those bleachers up never watched a game from them. The thick double railings in front and on the side obstruct the batters box in most seats, and anyone standing on the mezzanine in front also obstructs the view. I hope they improve that.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

It'd be a real shame if the horse trough ever fell off the wall of the men's bathroom and they actually had to upgrade it to this century with urinals

It'd be a real shame if the horse trough ever fell off the wall of the men's bathroom and they actually had to upgrade it to this century with urinals
LOL. Yeah, those troughs are exactly big enough for 1.5 men. If you have to go really bad and need to share one, it can get a little uncomfortable :)

LOL. Yeah, those troughs are exactly big enough for 1.5 men. If you have to go really bad and need to share one, it can get a little uncomfortable :)

I don't mind the trough but there is a lot of wall there. Make it a lot bigger.

Seems kinda silly to spend big bucks on an outdoor that facility they only play about 10-12 games a year on. I think they should spend money instead on playing home games in the Vikings stadium in February and March. That way no rainouts, no snowouts, & no games in 32-degree weather. Maybe a few thousand fans, too. But the U athletic dept. likely has their own agenda. A long summer ahead.....

Anybody know where Ava Dueck of Maple Grove is heading? Can't seem to find anything about her except her recruiting page. Just happen to see her today in the Minneapolis Paper as to a headline later in the day.

Maple Grove's Dueck is Star Tribune Metro Softball Player of the Year
Crimson senior Ava Dueck, who struggled to make contact as a U14 player, is hitting .525 with a metro-leading 14 home runs. And now she's making opposing hitters do the whiffing.

Anybody know where Ava Dueck of Maple Grove is heading? Can't seem to find anything about her except her recruiting page. Just happen to see her today in the Minneapolis Paper as to a headline later in the day.

Maple Grove's Dueck is Star Tribune Metro Softball Player of the Year
Crimson senior Ava Dueck, who struggled to make contact as a U14 player, is hitting .525 with a metro-leading 14 home runs. And now she's making opposing hitters do the whiffing.

Augustana in South Dakota on scholarship. That's an easy poach if she's D1 caliber

I wonder how many good teams there are that would come up to Minneapolis in the middle of winter to play in a tournament in a 66000 capacity cavern that isn't even a softball field?

transfers

Signed with Augustana.

The way the NCAA lets these kids move from school to school, I don't think having signed means much anymore. I believe DenHartog was comitted to Augustana at one point.

The way the NCAA lets these kids move from school to school, I don't think having signed means much anymore. I believe DenHartog was comitted to Augustana at one point.

You are correct sir. Some club coaches push girls to certain programs. One club in the TC has very significant ties to Augustana and pushes players that way.

Perhaps Augustana will become a farm club for us! Also is a solid academic school.

Augustana won the d2 title, but having chance to compete for the actual title could even try to get their top couple players to transfer

Augustana won the d2 title, but having chance to compete for the actual title could even try to get their top couple players to transfer

Plus, they are going to D-I next year. I think they have an ineligible period during the transition.

Gophers loss to UCLA doesn't look as rough now, fluke loss in regional then dominated everyone. Good story for Stevie to score a run and win as a senior too. Big benefit to have a hitting pitcher like Garcia

I suppose it is impossible to know for sure unless you are REALLY connected to the program, but I would love to know how much scholarship money is available to play with now that we have entered the transfer portal sweepstakes. I would think that a WCWS team with a renowned pitching coach would be pretty attractive. KL's unexpected transfer should have freed up some money that hasn't yet been distributed, don't you think??

I suppose it is impossible to know for sure unless you are REALLY connected to the program, but I would love to know how much scholarship money is available to play with now that we have entered the transfer portal sweepstakes. I would think that a WCWS team with a renowned pitching coach would be pretty attractive. KL's unexpected transfer should have freed up some money that hasn't yet been distributed, don't you think??

Some of that money may have gone to Delanie Cox since she was a late addition to the program as a recruit. Not sure on the exact timing of Lindaman bailing, but Cox officially signed her letter on Feb. 6. So I'm not sure what is left over in terms of money.

In terms of being attractive to transfers, the U was has been able to attract Finucane, Smith and Brandner in recent years, so it wouldn't be at all surprising if the ladies picked up a big-time transfer between now and next year. Who that could be is anybody's guess, but it would follow an established trend of getting good transfers from the portal.

It looks like the only proven elite (available) pitcher currently in the transfer portal is Brooke Yanez, sophomore at UC Davis (1.03 ERA over 203 innings this year). Curious who will be popping up the next few weeks.

Amber top 4 finalist for Honda Softball award. Caleigh Clifton another, can't find the other two but guessing Garcia and Romero

Top Bottom