ESPN Predicts When Country’s 12 Undefeated Teams Will Lose (MN: Nov 9 vs PSU)

They really went out on a limb with those predictions.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

10. Minnesota: Nov. 9 vs. Penn State

I'm looking ahead to this one. That's the game the rubber hits the road.

TBH I think regardless of how next two games play out, we smoke Penn State! Nothing about them screams better than us.

ESPN Really?

Bulletin Board for Maryland. The Gophers don't match well with Maryland's speed the last couple of games. Superbowl for Rutgers. Anything can happen. Upsets happen when least expected.

TBH I think regardless of how next two games play out, we smoke Penn State! Nothing about them screams better than us.

Can't agree. They looked really good to me the few times I've watched them and their overall talent level is a step ahead of us. We do get them at home, so that will help and the players very well may be amped and outplay their talent. But in a neutral site, Penn St would and should be favored over us.

Herbstreit would never pick against his beloved Buckeyes or his go to teams in Alabama, Oklahoma and Clemson. He is a true homer to his school and where his bread is buttered.

Wisconsin will most likely beat Ohio State and screw up his wet dream!

No upsets picked at all, and I'm not even talking about the South Carolinas of the world.

Penn State is a really good team. We may be able to beat them but I highly doubt we will be in a position to smoke them. I am very curious to see how they do against Michigan and Michigan State in the next two weeks.

And having a tough time seeing why people are up in arms some about these predictions from ESPN. As they relate to the Big Ten they make a ton of sense as Ohio State looks like they will be really tough to beat this year with the way they are playing.

ESPN Really?

Bulletin Board for Maryland. The Gophers don't match well with Maryland's speed the last couple of games. Superbowl for Rutgers. Anything can happen. Upsets happen when least expected.

By definition, upsets only happen when they're unexpected. They wouldn't be upsets if they were expected.

Can't agree. They looked really good to me the few times I've watched them and their overall talent level is a step ahead of us. We do get them at home, so that will help and the players very well may be amped and outplay their talent. But in a neutral site, Penn St would and should be favored over us.

Penn St. will be favored over us here.

Lots of people, both locally and nationally commenting about "Minnesota Gophers could be 8-0" but absolutely nobody anywhere is saying "Minnesota Gophers could be 9-0"

That's all you need to know about the match up with Penn State.

Not to be negative, but I say if we played Penn State 10 times we would maybe win 3 of them.
But 30% chance of winning aint that bad.

Not to be negative, but I say if we played Penn State 10 times we would maybe win 3 of them.
But 30% chance of winning aint that bad.

not sure that's true. What do we really know about them? Most of our perspective comes from their dismantling of Maryland, but I don't know that we can draw any conclusions.

Penn State will be favored, and rightly so. Barring something happening in the next 2 games though, I think we have a chance. 8-0, packed stadium, possibly some Minnesota Weather on our side, perfect recipe for some magic.

If the game was away, I would only really be looking for the team to keep it close, but at home with how we've been improving I think something special could happen.

not sure that's true. What do we really know about them? Most of our perspective comes from their dismantling of Maryland, but I don't know that we can draw any conclusions.

They looked very good against Iowa. The refs tried to help the Hawkeyes with a few bad calls and still didn't help. i think it will be similar type game against the Gophers. Should be fun to watch.

I look at Penn State as a measuring stick on just how high a ceiling the Gophers have. Beat them, an undefeated season, while unlikely becomes more than a pipe dream, play them close, 10-2 is a realistic expectation, lose badly 9-3. If we take are of business during the next two games a really special season becomes possible.

Have them come to town and see what they can do. Penn State is solid but so are we. Does not impress me to go hard when your kicking someone's as even when its "over". We will see if they can maintain the intensity and handle the pressure. They have a lot to lose.

Dink Alert at 19:29! Todd Mcshay and David Pollack not hiding their smugness in labeling us as the team most likely to collapse:

Herbstreit would never pick against his beloved Buckeyes or his go to teams in Alabama, Oklahoma and Clemson. He is a true homer to his school and where his bread is buttered.

Wisconsin will most likely beat Ohio State and screw up his wet dream!

No upsets picked at all, and I'm not even talking about the South Carolinas of the world.

He must have a hell of a record making predictions!

Obviously things happen, but if you were forced to pick, wouldn't you pick Ohio State in every game they have for the rest of the year (until the CFP)?

Dink Alert at 19:29! Todd Mcshay and David Pollack not hiding their smugness in labeling us as the team most likely to collapse:
I used to like Pollack. Although his predictions are realistic, he didn't need to be such a cheese dick about it. Bulletin board material.

Mcshay I couldn't give 2 shi*s about his opinions.

Top Bottom