100% This!

Do we honestly think that this roster will be better next year?
It depends on how the next couple months shake out.

If Christie returns and we can add 2-3 decent portal players, yeah, we'll be better.

Dawson is Dawson.
Parker Fox didn't catch his groove till midseason, so I'll say '24-'25 Fox > '23 -'24 Fox
Hawkins = Hawkins
Mitchell = Mitchell
If Christie returns, i think he'll be slight improved.

Essentially it comes down to this one question, what group will be more production: Carrington, JOJ, Payne OR Asuma, Grove, and whatever we get from the 5 transfers.

So if Christie returns, I think it's very likely we will have a better roster next season.

The NBA might draft Christie on the come. And if they offer him a 2-3 mil dollar contract as some have said, he should sign it. Even if it’s G league. But he is not an NBA caliber player yet. Not even close. NBA level players don’t get shut out in college games. And while he can shoot, he cannot create his own shots, and that’s a requirement for guards in that league. His defense was very mediocre, players went by way to easily. I think he has potential, and I think he has natural talent. But any team taking him in the second round is taking on a long term project.

People assuming grove being a high school soccer goalie means he is athletic in the strangest thing.

I played in the same conference as Alexandria. Our goalie my senior year had never played soccer before. He was all-state and not anything special athletically. It’s a non-starter. Minnesota high school soccer doesn’t matter. What a weird hill to start on.

The NBA might draft Christie on the come. And if they offer him a 2-3 mil dollar contract as some have said, he should sign it. Even if it’s G league. But he is not an NBA caliber player yet. Not even close. NBA level players don’t get shut out in college games. And while he can shoot, he ey as a cannot create his own shots, and that’s a nteed 1st round monrequirement for guards in that and roved a 2nd roundee ! If he wereleague. His defense was very mediocre, players went by way to easily. I think he has potential, and I think he has natural talent. But any team taking him in the second round is taking on a long term project.
He is only guaranteed money as a 1st round pick.
A 2nd r mIf his NBA talent assessment deems him a 2nd round or free agent he'd be better off coming back getting som NIL money, build strength and work on his wraknesses per his NBA assessment! I guess we will see!

He is only guaranteed money as a 1st round pick.
A 2nd r mIf his NBA talent assessment deems him a 2nd round or free agent he'd be better off coming back getting som NIL money, build strength and work on his wraknesses per his NBA assessment! I guess we will see!
Coyle should give him $750K.

If he & Garcia & Hawkins all stay...it must also be because Ben is a good man. And there's more to life than money.

I often say that Minnesota needs to think outside the box. And we all should...especially in business/money/success.

The only things for sure are church and pumping iron. Well for me, at the moment.

But as for Gopher basketball...maybe simply being a good man, underdog, and not trying to out-do the other coaches and play that game...could possibly make some players do a nice good deed and take less money for 1 year.

It depends on how the next couple months shake out.

If Christie returns and we can add 2-3 decent portal players, yeah, we'll be better.

Dawson is Dawson.
Parker Fox didn't catch his groove till midseason, so I'll say '24-'25 Fox > '23 -'24 Fox
Hawkins = Hawkins
Mitchell = Mitchell
If Christie returns, i think he'll be slight improved.

Essentially it comes down to this one question, what group will be more production: Carrington, JOJ, Payne OR Asuma, Grove, and whatever we get from the 5 transfers.

So if Christie returns, I think it's very likely we will have a better roster next season.
Pretty much in agreement. If Christie comes back, they can get Mitchell from Canisius and a couple more potrtals similar to Stephens, Loewe, etc. along with Asuma and Grove. Think they can be better.

Garcia improved here, including shooting 3's. Next season will be a good development season for him to polish his pro skills. Could he get that elsewhere? Yes, but why risk it.

If you read things closely, I'm not talking about him getting "significant minutes", just that he's the kind of kid that will "get some minutes" because he is physical, can rebound, and has a good feel for the game.

In a year or so after some development, I would see him as a Big Ten player. We'll have to disagree on this one.

Closely is not his expertise.

Garcia improved here, including shooting 3's. Next season will be a good development season for him to polish his pro skills. Could he get that elsewhere? Yes, but why risk it.

Exactly.

He’s established here and is a focal point of the offense.

So most important week of CBJ career? Seemingly all the guys who could do damage are already in the portal, dead period over and guys starting to commit en masse. Sure we could get guys later but that feels unlikely. Need to hit a few studs in the next 7-10 days.

So most important week of CBJ career? Seemingly all the guys who could do damage are already in the portal, dead period over and guys starting to commit en masse. Sure we could get guys later but that feels unlikely. Need to hit a few studs in the next 7-10 days.
I think just extrapolating from last year and adding in some expected lag from the new negotiation rule, we should add a about week to 10 days to the time line.

I think maybe stretching you time line to 2-3 weeks. I wish it was over though.

I think we'll be better with a couple of typical Ben transfers and additionally somebody who can defend the post. The question is how much better and are the other teams going to be better or worse?

Top Bottom