Ben Johnson is a Disaster

Or the NCAA.

That's gonna be tough with where our metrics our(both predictive and results based). Our SoR is at 83 right now. I think I heard the other day the lowest SoR to make the field was 54. We gotta a long way to go. Picking up a road win(or two) will make that number leap significantly though. We have opportunities, and that's all we can ask for.

That's gonna be tough with where our metrics our(both predictive and results based). Our SoR is at 83 right now. I think I heard the other day the lowest SoR to make the field was 54. We gotta a long way to go. Picking up a road win(or two) will make that number leap significantly though. We have opportunities, and that's all we can ask for.
Agreed - I simply dont want to hear whining and bs if the team continues winning games and gets 11 or 12 conference wins. The OOC bed has been made.

Agreed - I simply dont want to hear whining and bs if the team continues winning games and gets 11 or 12 conference wins. The OOC bed has been made.

My magic number has always been 23 wins. If we get to 23, I think we will get in. So we'd have to go 8-1 down the stretch, or 7-2 and win one game in the BTT.

Just can’t enjoy the ride? Sorry you can’t respect the amount of work that these kids and their coaches put in win or lose. CBJ will be here for a long time.

I'm not sure what you think you are commenting on but I know that my post and I would also say the other one were not critical of the coach or the players. The second one looks like a sarcastic take on those who believed that the coach was nothing more than a diversity hire.

Great win last night, with Christie‘s breakout over the past three games being the big story. Hopefully the improvement continues and the team wins 10-11 conference games leading to the tournament. I am still baffled by the over the top criticism BJ received for the first two years, given the massive roster turnover. Some posters here believe the almost complete roster turnover was no big deal, and that a good coach should still be successful. And the critics always ignored the two major injuries to Ihnen and Fox, which decimated the depth. We are seeing this year how important Fox is to the team, something that was missing the past two years. The only knock on Johnson, from my perspective, was the Dartmouth transfer Samuels, clearly not a high major player. Let’s hope the upward trend continues. But I think we are seeing that BJ knows how to coach.

What is the bar going to be to give Ben year 4? It can't be 7-13 anymore. 9-11 IMO.

Given the state of the league he really should need to get to .500 in conference play. That would just be holding serve at home against the bad teams on the schedule.
Many say this every year. In FB and BB. The conference is always down, according to many.

I've said .500 and been ridiculed, but that is what my bar would be, and therefore what I think it should be.
I don't disagree. But realistically, Coyle will kick the can if he can. So 9-11, 18-13 is probably good enough. Anything less would be pretty much a late season collapse and hard to justify.

Many say this every year. In FB and BB. The conference is always down, according to many.

Not me. In 2021 the conference was great. Even in 2022 it was very good(9 tournament teams). Even last year was pretty good(8 tournament teams) Most the league will get is 6, and that's with 3 on the fringe. It's most definitely down this year.

Well, I'd lay $$ on OSU, Michigan, fire their coaches after their pitiful performances.

Point out where I said "everyone " should fire their coach. I'll be waiting.
Never said you did Crappie, I mean dummy. But if you want our coach fired for being terrible in a waayyy down Big Ten, then every coach that is below ours should also lose their jobs for inferior performance, no?

Never said you did Crappie, I mean dummy. But if you want our coach fired for being terrible in a waayyy down Big Ten, then every coach that is below ours should also lose their jobs for inferior performance, no?
Pikel gets a long leash due to his massive recruiting class coming in next year…MASSIVE

Why would every coach lose their job if they are below Mn in the standings for the 23/24 season?

Glad you're not arguing the conference isn't waaaaay down.

Despite the betterment of the program it looks like he will get another year, NCAA is doubtful, no other coach has been given this long of a leash

Gotta say we were out coached today. CBJ will be here for at least 3 more years before we even discuss a replacement

I am personally not saying Ben should be fired.

But its posts like this that make me truly wonder if people post from the confines of padded rooms.

In the hypothetical scenario that gophers collapse and finish like 8-12 and Ben is fired for having two horrendous years followed by a disappointing 3rd year in a down big 10, your logic is that every coach should also be fired if they finished lower than the gophers?

Ignoring the fact that those coaches may have track records of winning and/or less sustained losing?

Seriously, its why these threads never die. Gophers lose and people say insane shit to defend Ben. They win, and people find insane ways to say it doesnt matter. Wash, rinse, repeat.

If you have a logical reason for why Steve Pikiel(if rutgers finishes below us) should be held to the same job status standard as Ben this year, I am all ears. But saying simply because he finished worse this year, aint gonna cut it

I am personally not saying Ben should be fired.

But its posts like this that make me truly wonder if people post from the confines of padded rooms.

In the hypothetical scenario that gophers collapse and finish like 8-12 and Ben is fired for having two horrendous years followed by a disappointing 3rd year in a down big 10, your logic is that every coach should also be fired if they finished lower than the gophers?

Ignoring the fact that those coaches may have track records of winning and/or less sustained losing?

Seriously, its why these threads never die. Gophers lose and people say insane shit to defend Ben. They win, and people find insane ways to say it doesnt matter. Wash, rinse, repeat.

If you have a logical reason for why Steve Pikiel(if rutgers finishes below us) should be held to the same job status standard as Ben this year, I am all ears. But saying simply because he finished worse this year, aint gonna cut it
This is correct. Pickell is a good example, had some good years, has the #2 and #3 recruits in the country for next year. If CBJ had that going for him there would be next to no one asking for his job.

Why would every coach lose their job if they are below Mn in the standings for the 23/24 season?

Glad you're not arguing the conference isn't waaaaay down.
You're assuming the league will go back up. This might be just what it is, and what we would have seen the past 30 years with a more level playing field.

You're assuming the league will go back up. This might be just what it is, and what we would have seen the past 30 years with a more level playing field.

Did I say they would? Or did I ask you if they should? And it's because they finished below a terrible CBJ.
"But if you want our coach fired for being terrible in a waayyy down Big Ten, then every coach that is below ours should also lose their jobs for inferior performance, no?"

Yup, you said it. You're trying hard, but cant quite get there.

"But if you want our coach fired for being terrible in a waayyy down Big Ten, then every coach that is below ours should also lose their jobs for inferior performance, no?"

Yup, you said it. You're trying hard, but cant quite get there.
🤣🤣🤣🤣 There's these little symbols people put at the end of sentences. Figure out what they mean and get back to me.

Top Bottom