***OFFICIAL GOPHERS AT TCU IN-GAME THREAD!!!***

Wow! U guys on here about Leidner, brutal. Turn it off and do some errands for your wife. Better yet, do something else the rest of the year. To be shocked by this, you aren't paying too close attention.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TCU showing more urgency up 30-7 than we did all game.

Is that due to TC not giving a rats a**

They're still throwing it all over the place, doing no huddle. Not sure what this even means.

The defense has played pretty well considering the situations they have been put in.

They're still throwing it all over the place, doing no huddle. Not sure what this even means.

The defense has played pretty well considering the situations they have been put in.

The D played hard all game. I think we even had a better pass rush second half their QB is a cool customer he just sat back and delivered the ball. Our D will be fine.

You're wrong about the Vikings. Now is as good of a time as any.
I hope you're right. I'm in a pessimistic mood right now. I'm just so sick of Minnesota teams (college and pro) crapping out. Twins suck. Gophers suck. Timberwolves suck. Too soon to say about the Vikings. And don't give me the Lynx. I'm talking about teams that matter.

Trade QBs and this is a wildly different game. Injury or whatever, Leidner just couldn't do it

I thought the defense played pretty decent especially considering TCU scored most of their points with the advantage of a short field due to turnovers and a punt return. The offense was horrible and I think I'll just leave it at that. I probably would have punted too on the last drive and knew the Gophers would as that is the exact kind of situation the coaches were complaining about in the Eastern Illinois game.

I thought the defense played pretty decent especially considering TCU scored most of their points with the advantage of a short field due to turnovers and a punt return. The offense was horrible and I think I'll just leave it at that.

I was happy with the D today. We actually outgained TCU in yards per pass as crazy as that sounds.

I was happy with the D today. We actually outgained TCU in yards per pass as crazy as that sounds.

Yep. D played fine. All of their TD drives were on short fields.

I'm telling you this coaching staff (except for Claeys) is clueless. Running Edwards up the middle? Leaving Leidner in for almost the whole game? Kill is too loyal to Limegrover, and that will be Kill's downfall. I'm sure some of you will be like "blah blah blah Limegrover doesn't make the plays," well, football isn't just a game of athletes. It's a chess game, between the offense and defense. What do you expect out of running Edwards up the middle? What do you expect if everyone can predict your play calling? It makes it easier for the defense to key on the run, knowing we can't pass the ball, and we just run up the middle.

Does anyone think Leidner will magically get better by the Big Ten opener? I've had enough of him as the QB.

I thought the defense played pretty decent especially considering TCU scored most of their points with the advantage of a short field due to turnovers and a punt return. The offense was horrible and I think I'll just leave it at that. I probably would have punted too on the last drive and knew the Gophers would as that is the exact kind of situation the coaches were complaining about in the Eastern Illinois game.

TCU's three TD drives averaged 28 yards. Add in the three FG's and the average scoring drive of the six was 30.5.

Those two KJ Maye plays did most of that haha.

But yeah, the defense doesn't have a lot to hand their head about, except maybe the fact that their red zone defense gave up the TDs instead of holding them to 3.

Obviously it wasn't a good day, but I thought the defense played fairly well. I also was pleasantly surprised by Streveler's play, although it was a pretty small sample. Hopefully we can fix some of our problems on offense. Given the degree to which the B1G has struggled thus far this season, I think we still have a good chance at a respectable season. TCU looked very good today.

Leidner flunked out in first real test - 4 turnovers, slow, sluggish, 12/26 passing. But he's really had very little game experience and is a sophomore. I'd certainly start Streveler next week and begin looking down the QB roster for someone to develop fast as an alternate.

Leidner flunked out in first real test - 4 turnovers, slow, sluggish, 12/26 passing. But he's really had very little game experience and is a sophomore. I'd certainly start Streveler next week and begin looking down the QB roster for someone to develop fast as an alternate.

The worst part is we get younger and younger the more you go down the list of QB's. It's a bad situation right now. We might be 2 or 3 years away from competing for a big ten championship just because of that position alone.

I'm telling you this coaching staff (except for Claeys) is clueless. Running Edwards up the middle? Leaving Leidner in for almost the whole game? Kill is too loyal to Limegrover, and that will be Kill's downfall. I'm sure some of you will be like "blah blah blah Limegrover doesn't make the plays," well, football isn't just a game of athletes. It's a chess game, between the offense and defense. What do you expect out of running Edwards up the middle? What do you expect if everyone can predict your play calling? It makes it easier for the defense to key on the run, knowing we can't pass the ball, and we just run up the middle.

Does anyone think Leidner will magically get better by the Big Ten opener? I've had enough of him as the QB.
Agree, but doubt he'll be demoted. Some people are stubborn.

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

They scored on drives of 18, 45, 27, 39, 3 and 51 yards. With the turnovers we gave them a short field all day. We actually had the ball 34 minutes to their 26. We got half as many penalties as they. We recovered a fumble and intercepted them. I have to say the defense did great. But unless we figure out a way for Leidner to not turnover the ball (his issue that prevented him from starting last year), it is scary. How many tackles did Wilson have? My gosh that man is a beast. He was everywhere. And hats off to Murray, Mortel, Santoso, and Maye.

Turnovers aren't everything, but they're the biggest key and Leidner failed miserably. Patterson might want to have a long chat with his QB. His immature behavior might cost them a game down the road.

They scored on drives of 18, 45, 27, 39, 3 and 51 yards. With the turnovers we gave them a short field all day. We actually had the ball 34 minutes to their 26. We got half as many penalties as they. We recovered a fumble and intercepted them. I have to say the defense did great. But unless we figure out a way for Leidner to not turnover the ball (his issue that prevented him from starting last year), it is scary. How many tackles did Wilson have? My gosh that man is a beast. He was everywhere. And hats off to Murray, Mortel, Santoso, and Maye.

We still have a chance to win 8 games because of our defense and running game. TCU's run defense is the best in the country since 2000, we won't face this type of run D the rest of the year. Our passing offense doesn't need to become lethal, it just needs to be competent for us to make some noise in the Big Ten west.

Our defense actually played much better than the score showed. The offense was horrendous and isn't any better than it was in Kill's first year. If he keeps going through enough kids (2-3 a year), he may someday find a QB worth a spit.

Top Bottom