All Things Class of 2015 Recruiting - Class Finally Complete? Nope Chris Obekpa visit

This has to be a frustrating recruiting class for UW fans, so far.

It should be expected that Wisconsin would have a poor recruiting class following a final 4 run, since that many more people got to witness their style of play.

So how does the Nwankwo commit affects Alex and Jarvis? What's everyone's guess?

So how does the Nwankwo commit affects Alex and Jarvis? What's everyone's guess?

If I were Jarvis and AI I would feel a little pressure if I wanted to be a Gopher in the slightest. Jarvis is on his visit right now, I wonder what the staff would do if he committed today on his visit.

Gaston's next TOEFL just got much more difficult...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Both JJ and AI have officials lined up for the next 4 and 2 weeks, respectively. So based off of that, I'm going with AI, who will be open to making a decision by Sept 20 or so. JJ's last official takes place in October. (AI's random unofficial visit looks like it could have been a silent commit, but wants to go on some officials at UW and Oregon)

Also wouldn't surprise me to see the staff sneak Grimes or Clarke on to campus (according to 247, neither have visits lined up) in the next couple and get a commit. The Nwankwo commit puts a lot of pressure on the last available targets.

I love how this staff makes offers, and takes the commit. No funny business.

I am sure it doesn't go unnoticed by non-commits who signs where. Having Dorsey, McBrayer, & Nwankwo in the fold certainly may sway others to reconsider MN seriously.

At this point, it doesn't matter who the next commits are as long as we get a top notch class that will put MN Basketball on the map.

Don't see how its hypocritical. I'm not saying its bad to use "we" "us". I'm just noting that if you speak like like that you care about the team and have heart into the team.

It came off judgmental. Maybe I took it wrong. Either way, I am a huge fan do consider it "our" roster. Nothing wrong with that IMHO.

It came off judgmental. Maybe I took it wrong. Either way, I am a huge fan do consider it "our" roster. Nothing wrong with that IMHO.

You are right nothing wrong with that. "WE" are all Golden Gophers. Ski-U-Mah!!!

Let's hope for good weather and no stabbings!

LOL, this running joke probably merits explanation at this point. What was it, the Southern Mississippi fan last year, who was trying to trash talk and there was some ridiculous exchange about polar bears and stabbings?

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Interesting stuff.

Here's MN:

Minnesota : Richard Pitino will see commit Dupree McBrayer, as well as local targets Jarvis Johnson and Amir Coffey

I question any ratings that have Penn St with a better basketball recruiting class. Football and Volleyball, yeah, but not basketball.

I blindly follow and ratings service that paints the Gophers in a favorable light. :cool:

Interesting stuff.

Here's MN:

Minnesota : Richard Pitino will see commit Dupree McBrayer, as well as local targets Jarvis Johnson and Amir Coffey

Ryan said Pitino will be in to see Illikainen on Wednesday..just to add to that.

Not directly Gopher related, but Big Ten related:

The Chris Clarke sweepstakes appear to be quite competitive at the moment. I hope the fact that Richard isn't scheduled to visit him right away isn't indicative of Minnesota's chances.

Go Gophers!!

Seems like every finalist but the Gophers has seen Chris Clarke this week.

Dorsey now a 4 star on ESPN. Grade of 80. He previously had a grade of 77. Illikainen dropped from #88 to #94. We now have two 4 stars on ESPN and Scout with ESPN not having an evaluation for Mcbrayer and Scout not having an evaluation of Nwonkwo.

Seems like every finalist but the Gophers has seen Chris Clarke this week.

Thats because Jarvis silent verballed on his visit and will announce this Friday.

Dorsey now a 4 star on ESPN. Grade of 80. He previously had a grade of 77. Illikainen dropped from #88 to #94. We now have two 4 stars on ESPN and Scout with ESPN not having an evaluation for Mcbrayer and Scout not having an evaluation of Nwonkwo.
I have stopped valuing stars and grades of recruits. They vary from site to site and don't really matter. ESPN also has Sacar Anim a 4*, grade 80. Which makes no sense because Jarvis is a better player. I want any player Pitino brings in, regardless of their stars and grade

I have stopped valuing stars and grades of recruits. They vary from site to site and don't really matter. ESPN also has Sacar Anim a 4*, grade 80. Which makes no sense because Jarvis is a better player. I want any player Pitino brings in, regardless of their stars and grade

They also have Marshawn Wilson as a 4 star as well and the #22 PG ahead of Dorsey.

AI ahead of Gaston. But, who will "leave" to open up another scholie in Spring?

AI ahead of Gaston. But, who will "leave" to open up another scholie in Spring?

My guess is Mathieu, Hollins, Walker, and Eliason will leave. I get that it's an interesting topic, but seriously, I think we need to slow down on this whole scholarship count and just let the process play out a little bit. Illikainen hasn't committed here yet, Gaston hasn't been admitted here yet, and there hasn't even been an official practice for the upcoming season. I think it's best that this board avoid all of the "who needs to go" talk as much as possible. As we all learned from the Nwankwo situation, you never know who is reading this forum.

Now it gets interesting with AI

Yes, as of this afternoon (with JJ's commitment hopefully), Alex is officially aced out. I wonder if he considered the possibility this would happen; he must have. Now what? The path of least resistance for him would be to sign with another school. I wonder what Pitino is telling him. I admit, I'm a little sick about this because Alex is the guy I wanted. He would make a lot of big plays for us in four years. If anyone has insight or inside information on what the staff is telling Illikainen, I'm all ears.

Top Bottom