Clarke, Illikainen, Jarvis, or Grimes?

Big Ten Championship

Reaction score
Nwanko's commitment really helps us find out if any of these four recruits are serious about taking the last spot.

I would expect they are all smart enough to know that.

My prediction is we will have our fourth by the end of the week or even possibly by the end of the weekend.

My guess is we sign two more. Just guessing. They will find room.

My guess is they will take both Jarvis and Alex if they want to commit in the Fall and worry about making scholarship room later.

My guess is they will take both Jarvis and Alex if they want to commit in the fall and worry about making scholarship room later.

Nothing Pitino has done to this point would point to him pulling a Crean and over signing, I just don't see it, if anything he has been very loyal to current players and commitments. I'm guessing it ends up being Grimes or Jarvis with a possible spring signing if someone leaves.

Nothing Pitino has done to this point would point to him pulling a Crean and over signing, I just don't see it, if anything he has been very loyal to current players and commitments. I'm guessing it ends up being Grimes or Jarvis with a possible spring signing if someone leaves.
He also hasn't really been in this situation where he has a chance to add 2 more impact recruits. I could definitely see him telling someone like Buggs if he doesn't play very much again this year that if he wants more playing time he should probably look elsewhere and if he doesn't want to then Pitino would have a very tough decision but that is why he gets the $$$ he does. Someone always seems to leave so I'd be in favor of Pitino taking 2 more of the highly regarded recruits in the Fall just to almost protect yourself from having to scramble for another commit late in the Spring when somebody decides to transfer.

We shouldn't pull a Crean. The next man who commits finishes up 2015 recruiting. If that means Minnesota kids have no room to come here, then too bad. If you want to come to Minnesota, you better commit early. We're not waiting to be anyone's backup school.

With that said, I don't want another guard. I want size at the 3 or 4.

Sign Alex man! It was discussed here that Alex was on campus recently. Wonder how that discussion went with Nwankwo here and joining the team yesterday.

I don't know how you could turn down Clarke/Jarvis/Alex if any of them want to commit, even if that creates a little bit of an uncomfortable situation.

I don't know how you could turn down Clarke/Jarvis/Alex if any of them want to commit, even if that creates a little bit of an uncomfortable situation.

Yup, I agree. Plus, Minnesota currently has two open spots for 2015.

Fun day to be a Gopher Basketball fan. Love the humor and insight and more importantly todays signing of "THE NWANKO"!!!

Pollyana

Gophs still have 2 Schollys left . Pitino has indicated that he expects Gaston Diedhiou to be admitted semester 2. If that occurs back to one. Pretty sure that as long as Gaston Diedhiou is on the table for semester 2 Pitino will only sign one. Pit is not going to bring in a kid from overseas and then hang him out to dry because of Hernandez, and he will not sign 2 fall kids and run someone of the team later on. If Gaston Diedhiou does not qualify by Jan I would expect him to find another school here or play club ball overseas. Jarv and Alex had more than enough time to get on board , at best they are lukewarm about the Gophs.... Looks like only one more scholly for fall 2014 kids.

Jarv and Alex had more than enough time to get on board , at best they are lukewarm about the Gophs.... Looks like only one more scholly for fall 2014 kids.

I agree. GH has been over-estimating their interest level. I don't think Alex is coming here, and if Jarvis is, he better commit fast. Grimes is probably our last commit.

The Minnesota kids seem to be even less reliable than they were when Tubby was here. I'm extremely thankful for Pitino's east coast pipeline, we are going to get a lot of really, really nice players because of it.

The Minnesota kids seem to be even less reliable than they were when Tubby was here. I'm extremely thankful for Pitino's east coast pipeline, we are going to get a lot of really, really nice players because of it.

I agree. Do we know who has closed the deal on these three east coast kids? Has Kimani been the primary recruiter, along with Pitino? Or McHale? Anybody know?

As I echo'd someones sentiments earlier. If they were coming because they wanted to "stay home" they would have been here already. Jarvis and Alex are 2 recruits we spent a ton of time on, don't think of them as local kids anymore.

Whatever the final result, it is a great time to be a Gopher BBC fan.

I agree. Do we know who has closed the deal on these three east coast kids? Has Kimani been the primary recruiter, along with Pitino? Or McHale? Anybody know?

According to rivals and 247, it looks like Kimani was involved with all three of our 2015 recruits.

Top Bottom