Gaston Diedhiou commits to Gophers

I reserve judgment until GW Marquette guy comes on and claims he has been scouting him the whole time!!

2% chance we'll hear from him. What a pompous ******.

He must be a stud

He's wearing one of those Alan Iverson compression sleeve thingies. You can never have too many guys who wear those.

I'll say it again to those saying what Gaston will or will not be or do here. YOU HAVE NOT EVER SEEN HIM PLAY! Don't act like you know anything about his game besides his height/weight, and the fact that he is a frontcourt player. Let's just wait until he gets here!

I'll say it again to those saying what Gaston will or will not be or do here. YOU HAVE NOT EVER SEEN HIM PLAY! Don't act like you know anything about his game besides his height/weight, and the fact that he is a frontcourt player. Let's just wait until he gets here!

Message boards are for speculation and discussion. No one should pretend to know everything there is to know about this guy though.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Can't wait to see this guy play. Really disappointed that there is no Pulley league. Hopefully they do some sort of alternative league so we can see him and the newcomers before the season starts.

Is the 6'9" height with or without shoes? I don't think that has been addressed yet.

Is the 6'9" height with or without shoes? I don't think that has been addressed yet.

More importantly, "Is his jumping wind aided or not"??? And was his air time measured manually or electronically?

In Pitino's unique system players have to where shoes with 1/2" soles. He will probably have to redshirt to adjust.

we are a program that will likely need to take a few recruiting risks (academic, character, over seas) on occasion to make a big leap. not saying he's a risk, but more in general. we need a rim protector and we need someone who likes to attack the rim on offense.

some more highlights
<iframe width="853" height="480" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/Z9eGkt3etkE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Love the athleticism I just watched in that video.

6'9" 240 is plenty big enough for the 5 in college, especially if he actually has a 7'3" wingspan or whatever it was listed at. This isn't the NBA.

If he's a legit 6'9" he shouldn't have any problem playing center, Trevor played center at maybe 6'8" with shoes on, really closer to 6'7".

Montrezl Harrell is a much better Louisville comparison then Gorgui Dieng.

I'm not sure Gaston will come in here anywhere near as strong and physical as Trez (the guy is a monster), but I also just don't see the Gorgui comparison either besides having the same nationality. But, we'll just have to wait and see. Dang, I wish there was Pulley this summer!

Dieng was money with that mid-range jumper of his. I have yet to see Gaston take a jumper in any of his videos. I honestly think Mbakwe is the best comparison, though I don't expect him to be that good.

And I agree, Harrell is a monster. If Gaston is half as good, I'll be happy.

Na, NA (Canarias Basketball Academy) Yup 206 pounder. Hope he is a lot better than the 344th best prospect in the class of 2014 that they rate him at. Looks like the experts here viewing him as a project are in fact correct
Ht: 6-9 | Wt: 206

Na, NA (Canarias Basketball Academy) Yup 206 pounder. Hope he is a lot better than the 344th best prospect in the class of 2014 that they rate him at. Looks like the experts here viewing him as a project are in fact correct
he's bigger than 206 I'd say he'a at least 230 judging by the more recent highlight video. We shall see. I do think
he will be a guy will see against the non con cupcakes, but will benefit going against guys like EE, Mo and Josh Martin everyday in practice, at least for this year, going forward I hope he develops into a good player, has the frame to do it.

Oh lord... Another expert with no expertise as Doc would say.

No way in hell he's 206 pounds. Nice try though SCOUT!

I like the fact, that in this last clip, he appeared able to put the ball on the floor a bit. What I didn't see was any jump shots...would be nice to see if he has any touch.

I like the fact, that in this last clip, he appeared able to put the ball on the floor a bit. What I didn't see was any jump shots...would be nice to see if he has any touch.

For all the faults of highlight film, generally what they show is what a player does well, when they are doing it well. Obviously I don't know for sure, but we do need bigs for 2015/2016 and it appears we found one who can give us minutes at the 4 or 5.

Top Bottom